CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=155)
-   -   Son is getting a 2019 Mustang Gt California Pkg (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=536311)

flaps100 08-13-2018 11:37 PM

Son is getting a 2019 Mustang Gt California Pkg

4 Attachment(s)
I only post this, because after test driving the car Saturday, holy crap it sounds amazing, has a really nice interior and looks pretty good outside too. I was a non fan until we looked at this set-up.

We looked at a non Cal Pkg and it was not even close, they really stepped it up with the Cali Pkg and again the sound is amazing, Active Exhaust with 4 levels of loud. Even the new Digital Dash is really nice.

Attachment 952023

Attachment 952024

Attachment 952025

Attachment 952026

flaps100 08-13-2018 11:40 PM

I was trying to talk him into Red, but he wants White or Black

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 952027

kttxz06 08-13-2018 11:54 PM

k

SociallyAwk 08-14-2018 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kttxz06 (Post 10281763)
k

Why?

To OP: Your son is going to love that car. Congrats to him!

motorhead 08-14-2018 03:42 AM

I would like that interior in the ZL1. Then I would have my perfect car.

Timbo-1LE 08-14-2018 03:42 AM

I also have a son who is a "Child of the Ford"..... Just kidding, looks nice and I still love my son ☺

samurai 08-14-2018 04:06 AM

Nice car, I usally don't get why people hating each others cars. Mustang has pretty good daily driver qualities, while I think the Camaro is the better performance car.

The only things I really don't like about Mustangs is the cheap build quality (take a look for huge gaps between bumper and headlights on the refresh and seats that wear out way too fast), SYNC3 user Interface is looking like a Fisher Price tablet and that you can't set up how in what mode your car should start. Every time you start the car the exhaust note is back in normal mode :frusty:

motorhead 08-14-2018 04:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by samurai (Post 10281802)
Nice car, I usally don't get why people hating each others cars. Mustang has pretty good daily driver qualities, while I think the Camaro is the better performance car.

The only things I really don't like about Mustangs is the cheap build quality (take a look for huge gaps between bumper and headlights on the refresh and seats that wear out way too fast), SYNC3 user Interface is looking like a Fisher Price tablet and that you can't set up how in what mode your car should start. Every time you start the car the exhaust note is back in normal mode :frusty:

Well , unfortunately all three, Mustang, Camaro and Challenger, are behind in build quality and reliability as compared to the industry's main stream autos that cost thousands less. The Challenger is actually rated the highest in those categories, but its also traded in the quickest. The Mustang is rated the lostest of the three, but all three need improvement especially for what they cost.

Koldunic 08-14-2018 05:18 AM

Fake side scoop?

I loved my 2016 GT except for some stuff. I am sure he will have fun.

The exhaust of the 2015-2017 sucked BIG TIME. But I agree the refresh sound really nice!

JT58 08-14-2018 06:16 AM

I just traded my 2017 Camaro 2LT for a base 2018 GT. I am not and have never been a Mustang fan but after the transmission problems with my Camaro and test driving 3 brand new Camaros and a used C7- that all did not drive right or there was a problem with, I started looking at other makes. Plain and simple, the GT- and mine is BASE, I bought brand new for a little over 30K, 6.5 less than my Camaro. And oh yeah after that horrible A8 in the Camaro I got a 6 speed manual. I love the car- not because it's a Mustang because it does everything it's supposed to do- drives and tracks straight, everything works, it shifts great, sounds great, etc. But there will always be a sweet spot for Camaros that I will always have and I turn my head for every one that I see on the road.

Congrats- the GT California edition is a nice car!

Godfatha 08-14-2018 06:37 AM

The one thing I'm envious of the Mustangs is their sound. For whatever reason, the Camaro team decided to tame the sound down so much that you don't know you have a V8, soundwise, unless you're on it.

DanSnow 08-14-2018 06:41 AM

Never really understood the hate between Camaro and Mustang, they are both great cars IMO. Your son is going to love the new ride and it looks great, Congrats to him.

JT58 08-14-2018 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuckeyeROC (Post 10281836)
Wait, you had A8 trouble then bought a Mustang with an MT82 tranny? Yikes. The MT82 is what kept me away from the BOSS 302's.

I bought a 2018- with the re-designed tranny and clutch. I would never buy a pre-2018. I even test drove a 2017 and did not like the tranny feel at all. The 2018 tranny and clutch has a way different feel to it. I am really, really picky on M/T- coming from Civic SI's and Miatias which have the best gear boxes in my opinion. I was not even thinking to buy a GT, not even on the radar until I test drove the 2018- which was just to rule it out. Not sure how it will hold up long term but I don't and won't drive it hard. I would have preferred a Camaro with a V6, manual (more than enough power for me) but the shifting and the box in the GT felt so good, I bought it. It's base any way, no track package, nothing, so no drag races or track use- still more than good enough cruiser for me, and it has a really sweet sounding V8.

If I was going to track I would get a Miata ND Club and add a ton of goodies or a Camaro SS 1LE- a no brainer.

Balzdeep 08-14-2018 07:33 AM

Great car! I had a 14 GT/CS. Enjoy!

Raven87 08-14-2018 07:55 AM

Congratulations to your son and I completely understand how you were impressed with the car. The new Mustangs are an amazing platform and have a lot of great features inside and out.

Post up some pics when he gets it in the driveway!

WCKD 1LE 08-14-2018 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JT58 (Post 10281835)
I just traded my 2017 Camaro 2LT for a base 2018 GT. I am not and have never been a Mustang fan but after the transmission problems with my Camaro and test driving 3 brand new Camaros and a used C7- that all did not drive right or there was a problem with, I started looking at other makes. Plain and simple, the GT- and mine is BASE, I bought brand new for a little over 30K, 6.5 less than my Camaro. And oh yeah after that horrible A8 in the Camaro I got a 6 speed manual. I love the car- not because it's a Mustang because it does everything it's supposed to do- drives and tracks straight, everything works, it shifts great, sounds great, etc. But there will always be a sweet spot for Camaros that I will always have and I turn my head for every one that I see on the road.

Congrats- the GT California edition is a nice car!

Says no mustang owner ever.:stang:

lgarrison34 08-14-2018 08:04 AM

Quote:

Wait, you had A8 trouble then bought a Mustang with an MT82 tranny? Yikes. The MT82 is what kept me away from the BOSS 302's.

Preach! I had a 2011 GT/CS and traded it in on a Ram because the MT82 was falling apart. Beautiful car otherwise.

Bad Anvil Garage 08-14-2018 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanSnow (Post 10281855)
Never really understood the hate between Camaro and Mustang, they are both great cars IMO. Your son is going to love the new ride and it looks great, Congrats to him.

I love the competition! I love any American muscle or pony car. The Camaro Mustang rivalry comes from the old days of racing... I myself don't hate Mustangs like some of my Camaro friends do. You mention the word and they shriek as if you just insulted their mothers. The vitriol is bizarre. :iono:

Bassment 08-14-2018 08:35 AM

I like most of it, I hate the air vents and there are too many buttons in the middle console

FH212 08-14-2018 08:40 AM

CS Looks good, but I think those Mustangs need some sort of a hood scoop or something. The hoods are just so plain with no sharp lines at all.

DavidinGA 08-14-2018 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flaps100 (Post 10281757)
I only post this, because after test driving the car Saturday, holy crap it sounds amazing, has a really nice interior and looks pretty good outside too. I was a non fan until we looked at this set-up.

We looked at a non Cal Pkg and it was not even close, they really stepped it up with the Cali Pkg and again the sound is amazing, Active Exhaust with 4 levels of loud. Even the new Digital Dash is really nice.

Attachment 952023

Attachment 952024

Attachment 952025

Attachment 952026

Lose the side decals/scoops, add a blade spoiler, and change out those fugly wheels and it would look a million times better....

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

init4fun 08-14-2018 08:52 AM

Was never a fan of the current generation mustang until my buddy picked up a Kona Blue 2018 GT a couple of weeks back. Car is super sweet and makes me question my decision on buying the Camaro especially given the A8 issues I've had.

Still not ready to jump ship as I don't care for the way the Coyote makes power. Just not enough low end for me to really enjoy the car. The Roush Supercharger changes the game and the fact that I can get a PP1 car with the 10 speed for around $35K is tempting.

KingLT1 08-14-2018 08:53 AM

Ford did everything right on the new 18 GT except on looks...I would rather have a 19 SS refresh.

kttxz06 08-14-2018 09:23 AM

there's some sensitive folks in here. Um, where has anyone posted "hate"? Just curious what you snow flakes actually consider hate. It's a forum #1. Anyone can post an opposite opinion if they so choose. But hate? Lower it down a notch will ya. smh. jeezus. haha.

Waiting on that 500.........................

KMPrenger 08-14-2018 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Godfatha (Post 10281852)
The one thing I'm envious of the Mustangs is their sound. For whatever reason, the Camaro team decided to tame the sound down so much that you don't know you have a V8, soundwise, unless you're on it.

I don't get some of the comments lately about how the Camaro sound is "tame".

When the 2016 Camaro was released and videos of the NPP exhaust surfaced people loved it. It was the loudest stock exhaust for a "pony" car outside of the Hellcat. I've scared people before with my stock NPP exhaust.

The 2018 Mustang might be louder or whatever, but don't tell me the NPP exhaust is just tame. She sings when you want her to.

Curr 08-14-2018 10:23 AM

Quote:

My exact thoughts lol.

I got rid of my Lava Red 2012 GT Premium because of that piece of shit transmission.

Curr 08-14-2018 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FH212 (Post 10281936)
CS Looks good, but I think those Mustangs need some sort of a hood scoop or something. The hoods are just so plain with no sharp lines at all.

Agreed but definitely NOT the fake ass hood scoop the previous gen had. God that tacked on piece was terrible looking.

benjj 08-14-2018 11:42 AM

Disowning a child must be hard, but you gotta do what you gotta do

redcoats1976 08-14-2018 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flaps100 (Post 10281760)

tell him a black car is a full time job all by itself...BTW ive owned two 67 mustangs,drove the 2015 before i bought my camaro.i do like the red one...

Bains 08-14-2018 03:18 PM

Congrats to him! I was actually looking at mustangs as well before I bought my camaro, not a bad car at all. Make sure he breaks it in before smashing off haha

Bains 08-14-2018 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by benjj (Post 10282158)

Funniest post i've seen on this forum hands down

Gunkk 08-14-2018 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by benjj (Post 10282158)

:bellyroll:

camaro5 08-14-2018 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JT58 (Post 10281881)
I bought a 2018- with the re-designed tranny and clutch. I would never buy a pre-2018. I even test drove a 2017 and did not like the tranny feel at all. The 2018 tranny and clutch has a way different feel to it. I am really, really picky on M/T- coming from Civic SI's and Miatias which have the best gear boxes in my opinion. I was not even thinking to buy a GT, not even on the radar until I test drove the 2018- which was just to rule it out. Not sure how it will hold up long term but I don't and won't drive it hard. I would have preferred a Camaro with a V6, manual (more than enough power for me) but the shifting and the box in the GT felt so good, I bought it. It's base any way, no track package, nothing, so no drag races or track use- still more than good enough cruiser for me, and it has a really sweet sounding V8.

If I was going to track I would get a Miata ND Club and add a ton of goodies or a Camaro SS 1LE- a no brainer.

Now they break their cast aluminum shift forks in 2018's.

Redesigned parts on back-order for months. Jump to 7:25 for the breakage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5J6wfK7dY4k

I've been lurking around lately, and truthfully I think all 3 muscle cars are excellent right now.

3 flavors:

Challenger - Old school, old chassis, cool vintage colors and models.
Roomier, visibility decent, usable back seat and trunk. Cool V8's. Seems reasonably reliable. Made in Canada. Great lease deals are what's selling these babies.
Heavy and large handling.

Mustang - I was a fan of the '67 Camaro when it came out, and have been a GM guy since just after birth.
I was a Mustang hater, but I have faced reality - it too is a great car - finally.
Good visibility, refresh added HP and better handling, roomier interior.
Quality good, but some piston slap V8's and broken shift forks are a reality.
Lease deals minimal.

Camaro - My true home car. The true sports car of the three.
Better than Corvette, for less money. Quality is good, but there are some recurring issues that GM can't or won't solve. Some basic QC missed at assembly on some units. Inconsistency.
Refresh is fine with me. Wish there were more features added, and more HP.
Leases are atrocious. Never really checked them until recently. Whoa. These lease prices are hurting sales numbers, but maybe GM's bank is full and they do not care.

:thumb:

torqueaddict 08-14-2018 11:22 PM

I'll be brutally honest, Ford's quality has dropped like a rock over the years. They make Chevy look like Toyota.

Hopefully your son didn't win the nightmare lottery. Unfortunately, the odds are better than they should be.

It is indeed a good looking car and the color works well it. I wish him luck.

Cgocifer 08-14-2018 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by motorhead (Post 10281803)
Well , unfortunately all three, Mustang, Camaro and Challenger, are behind in build quality and reliability as compared to the industry's main stream autos that cost thousands less. The Challenger is actually rated the highest in those categories, but its also traded in the quickest. The Mustang is rated the lostest of the three, but all three need improvement especially for what they cost.

Here we go again...

Are you serious? Go find me a 0 to 60 in 4 seconds flat sports car (yes sports car) that will keep up with or trash cars approaching 6 figures on the track and has been described as a world class sports car (Randy Probst for one) for under $50k. My 1LE cost me $41.5k out the door. That is dirt cheap. My RAM truck was $50k, my wife's 4Runner was $46k and talk about a plasticky interior with a tiny crappy infotainment system. Her praised Toyota has been in the shop way more than my RAM and my Camaro has been flawless.

Let's face it, could fit and finish be better on some things? Sure. But, dang, I'm willing to accept some minor flaws for a performance car of this calibur that costs less than a boring SUV or a rice burning family sedan.

40 ish grand for a car or truck these days wont get you too much these days.

I'm curious what examples you refer to for cars that have better build quality and reliability that also perform like a Camaro?

You want to talk about build quality and reliability vs. cost? 3 letters... BMW. Total shop hogs.

FH212 08-15-2018 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cgocifer (Post 10282898)
Here we go again...

Are you serious? Go find me a 0 to 60 in 4 seconds flat sports car (yes sports car) that will keep up with or trash cars approaching 6 figures on the track and has been described as a world class sports car (Randy Probst for one) for under $50k. My 1LE cost me $41.5k out the door. That is dirt cheap. My RAM truck was $50k, my wife's 4Runner was $46k and talk about a plasticky interior with a tiny crappy infotainment system. Her praised Toyota has been in the shop way more than my RAM and my Camaro has been flawless.

Let's face it, could fit and finish be better on some things? Sure. But, dang, I'm willing to accept some minor flaws for a performance car of this calibur that costs less than a boring SUV or a rice burning family sedan.

40 ish grand for a car or truck these days wont get you too much these days.

I'm curious what examples you refer to for cars that have better build quality and reliability that also perform like a Camaro?

You want to talk about build quality and reliability vs. cost? 3 letters... BMW. Total shop hogs.

AMEN! I agree with all these points! :happy0180:

JT58 08-15-2018 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by camaro5 (Post 10282871)
Now they break their cast aluminum shift forks in 2018's.

Redesigned parts on back-order for months. Jump to 7:25 for the breakage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5J6wfK7dY4k

I've been lurking around lately, and truthfully I think all 3 muscle cars are excellent right now.

3 flavors:

Challenger - Old school, old chassis, cool vintage colors and models.
Roomier, visibility decent, usable back seat and trunk. Cool V8's. Seems reasonably reliable. Made in Canada. Great lease deals are what's selling these babies.
Heavy and large handling.

Mustang - I was a fan of the '67 Camaro when it came out, and have been a GM guy since just after birth.
I was a Mustang hater, but I have faced reality - it too is a great car - finally.
Good visibility, refresh added HP and better handling, roomier interior.
Quality good, but some piston slap V8's and broken shift forks are a reality.
Lease deals minimal.

Camaro - My true home car. The true sports car of the three.
Better than Corvette, for less money. Quality is good, but there are some recurring issues that GM can't or won't solve. Some basic QC missed at assembly on some units. Inconsistency.
Refresh is fine with me. Wish there were more features added, and more HP.
Leases are atrocious. Never really checked them until recently. Whoa. These lease prices are hurting sales numbers, but maybe GM's bank is full and they do not care.

:thumb:

Hopefully I will not experience the broken shift forks- that's pretty scary. Cast aluminum is weak, seems a part like that should at least be forged or made out of steel. If the car needs to go in for an extended period due to lack of parts, I better get a loaner. At least it's fixable, with parts. With the A8 in the Camaro, it just seems like a very bad design to begin with and the only solution is to swap it out for the 10 speed automatic or a manual- which are both cost prohibitive.