CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=257)
-   -   windshield fogging up (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=458990)

stlrammer 11-03-2018 10:32 PM

Glad to know I'm not the only one. My 2011 never had the issue. Hmmm??? Kinda makes you wonder. :iono:

Ten4Lou 11-04-2018 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DangerZL1 (Post 10097367)
Are the 2018 models affected by this problem too?

My brother-in-law and I each bought a 2018 model ZL1 in July 2018. My build date was 11/17. It appears that this must have been addressed as this issue has been greatly minimized. Both of our cars only get two very small fog spots, about the size of a quarter, at each end of the vent area close to the bottom of the windshield. It has never gotten bigger than a quarter, and then disappears once the engine gets warmed up. Also, it only happened in July through September on really humid mornings. I have not seen it happen in the last couple months. I live in Houston and he lives near New Orleans. Plenty of warm humid days where we live, so definitely been put to the test, HaHa!

So far this car has zero issues, Love it!

Just thought I would chime in as FYI

Kind Regards,
Lou

JohnCobalt 12-04-2018 05:52 AM

I almost wrecked last night because of this issue. I have to keep the wipers on constantly. It doesn’t matter what time of day it is, either. I’ve tried everything. Time to upgrade.

Bayles76 12-04-2018 07:36 AM

Welcome to 6th gen ownership lol.

NYJets12 12-04-2018 04:55 PM

Mine doesn’t do it but can’t you just put the defroster on , that should make it go away pretty quickly.

PnCRedJwl2SS 12-04-2018 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnCobalt (Post 10375780)
I almost wrecked last night because of this issue. I have to keep the wipers on constantly. It doesn’t matter what time of day it is, either. I’ve tried everything. Time to upgrade.

Respectfully disagree...I find it hard to believe you've tried the proposed fix (partially cover the vents with a piece of molding or felt). Doing this dramatically reduces the issue and eliminates the safety issue altogether. If your objection is to having something on your dash that doesn't look stock--I get that. But if the choice is between that and having your windshield fog up to the point where you can't see...well, this seems (to me) to be a no-brainer.

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYJets12 (Post 10376352)
Mine doesn’t do it but can’t you just put the defroster on , that should make it go away pretty quickly.

Nope...defroster might not help if it's hot outside, but have the A/C temp turned to cold. The fogging is a result of the temperature differential between inside the cabin and outside, as well as the humidity. Turning the temp up closer to matching the outside temp will do the trick, but completely defeats the purpose of having an A/C system, as it will be miserably hot in the car!

For crying out loud...do the vent cover thing...it's SO easy!

smokinzx14r 12-04-2018 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnCobalt (Post 10375780)

I'm in FL too ..The other night at the drag strip I made a pass and 3/4 way down the track it fogged up , within seconds I could not see a thing .. A bit scary at 115 and you can't see the track ..:facepalm:

JCunningham 12-05-2018 03:05 AM

you can always keep a extra T shirt in the car and when this starts to happen through it up there.

Gunkk 12-05-2018 03:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smokinzx14r (Post 10376551)
I'm in FL too ..The other night at the drag strip I made a pass and 3/4 way down the track it fogged up , within seconds I could not see a thing .. A bit scary at 115 and you can't see the track ..:facepalm:

You were running your AC at the drag strip? :noidea:

SRSTAdam21 01-24-2019 08:01 PM

Mine does this as well. It is also annoying when I want heat just on my feet and it is blowing air through the defrost vents. 2016 Silverado does not do this.

KROLIS 01-24-2019 11:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by torqueaddict (Post 10241434)
How bad is the fogging? I ask because I've seen it happen once or twice and it's usually a small patch in the center just above the vents. It was not bothersome at all. Is the fogging that people are experiencing covering most of windshield, or just that center area?

It's not 2 bad as long as you don't mind not being able to see.

sav03cobra 01-25-2019 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KROLIS (Post 10419891)

Don't Die, wear a seat belt. :smiling1:

kykid 01-25-2019 09:01 AM

This issue is ridiculous. I've owned dozens of vehicles and never had this problem. I love my SS but seriously, come on GM. WTH? I can apply a fix, sure, but I shouldn't have to. GM needs to get it together.

arpad_m 01-25-2019 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KROLIS (Post 10419891)

This is insane. I'm pretty sure something is different with the 2018's, because I only ever get two small patches of fog very near the vent cover.