CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=155)
-   -   Lowering kit for MRC..Myth or Reality (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=464480)

bbrown450 08-24-2016 04:16 PM

Lowering kit for MRC..Myth or Reality

Anyone else interested in one for the MRC cars ...would love a small drop

Mud Z06 08-24-2016 04:20 PM

Isn't GM releasing a kit?

BMR Suspension 08-24-2016 04:24 PM

Regular lowering springs work fine on MRC cars. The MRC shocks and struts have a higher dampening ability so they can handle higher spring rates. Most lowering springs already have some level of rate increase. You can install anyones lowering springs on an MRC car with no issues. We have done it on a ton of Fifth Gen ZL1s. We installed out springs on a 2016 MRC car today. I will post pictures as soon as I have them along with drop measurements.

JaxChris 08-24-2016 05:35 PM

bbrown... go see BMR. They just finished springs and sways on mine, literally just got home with it. After I get the alignment done we can meet up and you can check it out for yourself. =)

Mud Z06... GM is releasing 1LE upgrade for SS models with MRC already on them. I believe the kit is just a higher rate spring (there is no drop on the 1LE from what anyone can tell) and stiffer sway bars. The 1LE may have a different front control arm design for better sway bar clearances, but I don't know if that would be part of the kit. I think the non-MRC models will see a Z/28 DSSV suspension upgrade kit down the road. Adding the wiring for MRC is too cost prohibitive for a retrofit.

bbrown450 08-25-2016 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mud Z06 (Post 9276512)
Isn't GM releasing a kit?

So they say...throw that on the list...

Sledgehammer70 08-25-2016 07:46 AM

Eibach just released their Pro-kit as well after doing 5 months of testing on MRC equipped cars.

bbrown450 08-25-2016 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JaxChris (Post 9276665)
bbrown... go see BMR. They just finished springs and sways on mine, literally just got home with it. After I get the alignment done we can meet up and you can check it out for yourself. =)

Mud Z06... GM is releasing 1LE upgrade for SS models with MRC already on them. I believe the kit is just a higher rate spring (there is no drop on the 1LE from what anyone can tell) and stiffer sway bars. The 1LE may have a different front control arm design for better sway bar clearances, but I don't know if that would be part of the kit. I think the non-MRC models will see a Z/28 DSSV suspension upgrade kit down the road. Adding the wiring for MRC is too cost prohibitive for a retrofit.

Spectacular info ...as for the GM kits, as we have seen those can be a long time coming...took them a year to get the Dark Tails and Grill !! I will PM you ..PICS Please :)

Thoro11888 08-25-2016 08:01 AM

+1

Also very interested. I'd like to see photos too

LibertyHill 08-25-2016 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JaxChris (Post 9276665)

Dying to hear about the swaybars!!

JaxChris 08-25-2016 08:27 AM

It might be hard to keep up with each of the drop/stance threads, but I know Pete@BMR will have the initial pics and measurements up today.

Just to note -- MRC cars ride slightly higher than non-MRC cars because their springs are slightly taller. This makes the before & after look like a bigger difference. But a stare and compare to a non-MRC with similar springs looks like they are at the same height now.

I'm pretty excited for the sway bars. I was thinking about adjustable at first, but decided on fixed sways because I won't be going too crazy. My goal was to remove some body roll, but not all of it. My guess is the springs and sways will settle in together very well. Also did trailing arms in the rear to stop some wheel hop on launch. Didn't get control arms or toe rods. Wanted to see how it feels with trailing arms first.

Definitely need an alignment. Install resulted in some noticeable chamber and toe. Had a couple slow turns/u-turns give me a little skip on one of the rears, but I can understand that with the chamber & toe.

Calling around lunch today to set up an alignment for tomorrow. If I can shake this head cold I will be going out to the boonies this weekend to play around with the changes.