CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   ZL1 Discussions (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=235)
-   -   2650R, 2" LTs & off-road just WAY too loud for me, solution. (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=576096)

TheRealJA105 07-23-2020 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 20Bluezl1 (Post 10834560)
So I found another angle the the ARH long system and they are connected to each other.

Um... that's the X in the X pipe ya know :bonk:

IneedAZ 07-23-2020 07:56 PM

So, now that we know it has a built in X, what options are available to tame the noise and drone?

gmcvt 07-29-2020 08:17 AM

I had a 2018 5.0 with kooks LT's and added a magnaflow resonated x-pipe. Made all the difference in the world. In quiet mode it may have been quieter than stock.

gmcvt 07-29-2020 08:18 AM

How would you guys with this magnaflow and LT's say it compares volume wise to stock in quiet mode?

Sakudog 07-29-2020 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gmcvt (Post 10837997)
How would you guys with this magnaflow and LT's say it compares volume wise to stock in quiet mode?

Happy to answer this question.

The car is quieter than stock in Stealth, all you hear is the headers clicking away at the front of the car. The car in Sport/Track is slightly quieter than stock at any RPM as long as there is light load on the engine. Once the exhaust gas velocity increases past a certain point, the X-pipe/Muffler/Magnaflow thing just doesn't silence much and things get ROWDY. At full tilt the car is louder (just slightly) than a stock ZL1 1LE but with a much more high pitch tone, no resonation, the "Riffle Shot" sound is totally out of the exhaust. I'd say the best way to describe it is the exhaust sounds more like an LS7 than an LT4 with this setup. So even though it's louder than stock with this setup at WOT, it's a more ear pleasing loudness to me and most I've had check it out.

Sakudog 07-29-2020 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZL1 1LmE (Post 10823693)
Any idea of the weight savings by going to the aftermarket seats? thks

Also love the sound of the car.

The car weights 3690 as it sits right now, I didn't weigh the light weight seats vs the factory seats but odds are they saved around 150lbs total.

Sakudog 07-29-2020 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IneedAZ (Post 10823799)
Anyone know how that magnaflow holds up to higher hp at wot? Will the insulation blow out?

Magnaflow makes a quality product, it's not a Chinese muffler, it will be fine.

Sakudog 07-29-2020 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heartbreaker (Post 10824597)
Update. Muffler installed same as the OP. It is noticeably quieter. Also, it takes the “raspy” out of the exhaust note. When I go to NCM I’ll get a sound check and compare it to the 104-105 I used to hit at WOT out of turn 3. If you want to lower the DB level of your exhaust this works. TP

Yes, this is EXACTLY the right way to describe the removal of that "Riffle Shot" sound OR "RASP" and I don't think I could ever go back now that I've had this setup.

gmcvt 07-29-2020 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sakudog (Post 10838188)

The car is quieter than stock in Stealth, all you hear is the headers clicking away at the front of the car. The car in Sport/Track is slightly quieter than stock at any RPM as long as there is light load on the engine. Once the exhaust gas velocity increases past a certain point, the X-pipe/Muffler/Magnaflow thing just doesn't silence much and things get ROWDY. At full tilt the car is louder (just slightly) than a stock ZL1 1LE but with a much more high pitch tone, no resonation, the "Riffle Shot" sound is totally out of the exhaust. I'd say the best way to describe it is the exhaust sounds more like an LS7 than an LT4 with this setup. So even though it's louder than stock with this setup at WOT, it's a more ear pleasing loudness to me and most I've had check it out.

Thank you for responding and sharing this information. Since I have had multiple experiences with MF, this is exactly the information I was looking for.

IneedAZ 07-29-2020 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sakudog (Post 10838194)
Magnaflow makes a quality product, it's not a Chinese muffler, it will be fine.

I guess my biggest concern is not wanting 2 Xpipes back to back. I will be using the ARH Long system which has X built into it. Unless i missed it on their website, they do not offer a dual in/out 3" with same size case without the X.

Sakudog 07-29-2020 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IneedAZ (Post 10838274)
I guess my biggest concern is not wanting 2 Xpipes back to back. I will be using the ARH Long system which has X built into it. Unless i missed it on their website, they do not offer a dual in/out 3" with same size case without the X.

Got it, mine only has one X (the magnaflow)

Heartbreaker 07-29-2020 07:22 PM

Quote:

To add to the feedback on adding the MF Xmuffler to LT headers and the stock suitcase, coming out of turn 3 at NCM at WOT I used to be at 104 to 105 dB. Now with the addition of the MF X muffler I am at 98 to 99.

gmcvt 07-30-2020 07:57 AM

Quote:

Just one more quick question, are you running cats or not? I read through the posts and looked at the pic but I couldn't tell. Could have missed it though. I dont have a ZL1 but I only run corn so I'm just trying to decide whether to go catless or not. Im fairly convinced from past experience that the hi-flow cats dont do much sound wise and are more for odor control. :)

Sakudog 08-17-2020 07:37 PM

No cats, TTT