CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   Transmissions (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=253)
-   -   Hurst Pistol-Grip Handle for the 2016-2017 Camaro with Automatic Transmission (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=490932)

JAG SS 09-22-2018 01:17 PM

I have had it installed for a few months now, and am really enjoying it. I find that it decreases the amount of force necessary when manually shifting. It gives you greater leverage. Not to mention the simple fact that having a hurst shifter in your car is just plain awesome. I am very impressed with the fit and finish. It looks and feels like it belongs from the factory. I would immediately purchase a T handle version if Hurst came out with one is this line up.

Joshinator99 09-22-2018 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAG SS (Post 10318618)
I have had it installed for a few months now, and am really enjoying it. I find that it decreases the amount of force necessary when manually shifting. It gives you greater leverage. Not to mention the simple fact that having a hurst shifter in your car is just plain awesome. I am very impressed with the fit and finish. It looks and feels like it belongs from the factory. I would immediately purchase a T handle version if Hurst came out with one is this line up.

Pics or it didn’t happen. :biggrin:

Most of the pics I’ve seen to date are very close to the handle (understandably). Maybe a shot or two from when you first open the drivers door if possible? I’d love to see how it looks in terms of the overall interior. Please and thank you! :thanks:

Tech@HurstPerformance 09-24-2018 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joshinator99 (Post 10318832)
Pics or it didn’t happen. :biggrin:

Most of the pics I’ve seen to date are very close to the handle (understandably). Maybe a shot or two from when you first open the drivers door if possible? I’d love to see how it looks in terms of the overall interior. Please and thank you! :thanks:

Here are a couple additional photos that I was able to dig up from the archives. Hopefully, these will help, please give us a call at 707-544-4761 for additional information.

- Jason @ Flowmaster

Joshinator99 09-25-2018 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tech@HurstPerformance (Post 10320325)
Here are a couple additional photos that I was able to dig up from the archives. Hopefully, these will help, please give us a call at 707-544-4761 for additional information.

- Jason @ Flowmaster

That looks really good! I think I’m going to do this. Thanks for the additional pics Jason. :happy0180:

Tech@HurstPerformance 09-27-2018 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joshinator99 (Post 10320807)
That looks really good! I think I’m going to do this. Thanks for the additional pics Jason. :happy0180:

Of course, that's why I'm here!. Any additional questions you can always PM me. Don't forget to use your Camaro6 Forum discount CAMARO10 on our website www.hurst-shifters.com.

- Jason @ Hurst

Joshinator99 09-27-2018 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tech@HurstPerformance (Post 10323217)
Of course, that's why I'm here!. Any additional questions you can always PM me. Don't forget to use your Camaro6 Forum discount CAMARO10 on our website www.hurst-shifters.com.

- Jason @ Hurst

OK, I’m in. Ordered up! Now get down to the warehouse and ship it out Jason! :biggrin:

Edit: Not sure, but I might be the first to do this shifter in a Ceramic White interior package. If I am, I’ll post pics when I get the install done. :happy0180:

Tech@HurstPerformance 10-04-2018 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joshinator99 (Post 10323316)
OK, I’m in. Ordered up! Now get down to the warehouse and ship it out Jason! :biggrin:

Edit: Not sure, but I might be the first to do this shifter in a Ceramic White interior package. If I am, I’ll post pics when I get the install done. :happy0180:

Packaged and shipped! We hope that you like your new Hurst Shift Handle. Installation should be simple and straight-forward. But if you need assistance do not hesitate to call us at 707-544-4761. We can't wait to see the end result, the white on white should look pretty trick!

- Jason @ Hurst

JAG SS 10-05-2018 10:15 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is the pic! Love it. My wife says it looks to manly... mission accomplished!

Joshinator99 10-06-2018 03:11 PM

4 Attachment(s)
As promised, final install pics both before and after. Car is Arctic Blue Metallic with optional Ceramic White interior trim.

Tech@HurstPerformance 10-10-2018 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAG SS (Post 10329979)
Here is the pic! Love it. My wife says it looks to manly... mission accomplished!

We think that it looks PERFECT! Thanks for posting and thanks for the support.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joshinator99 (Post 10331033)
As promised, final install pics both before and after. Car is Arctic Blue Metallic with optional Ceramic White interior trim.

Looks good, love the interior combination! Thanks for posting all those pics and the love!

- Jason @ Flowmaster

Joshinator99 10-10-2018 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tech@HurstPerformance (Post 10334296)
Looks good, love the interior combination! Thanks for posting all those pics and the love!
- Jason @ Flowmaster

Thanks Jason! Appreciate Hurst coming out with something unique and well built for the Gen 6 Camaro SS! :thanks:

blpadge2 10-18-2018 05:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tech@HurstPerformance (Post 10323217)

- Jason @ Hurst

As if I didn't need another reason to lust after this part. It really gives the interior a muscle car feel vs. generic GM parts bin.

If I can ever get GM to sort out the shudder issue on my transmission this is going to the top of my upgrade list.

Joshinator99 10-18-2018 06:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blpadge2 (Post 10340076)
As if I didn't need another reason to lust after this part. It really gives the interior a muscle car feel vs. generic GM parts bin.

If I can ever get GM to sort out the shudder issue on my transmission this is going to the top of my upgrade list.

The handle has nothing to do with the shudder or it’s warranty. Do it up! ;)

blpadge2 10-21-2018 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joshinator99 (Post 10340083)
The handle has nothing to do with the shudder or it’s warranty. Do it up! ;)

:w00t:

Phastek has posted an installation procedure that looks even easier than how Hurst says do it.

https://youtu.be/svDyb4RJ26k