CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=155)
-   -   Electric 'Chevrolet Camaro’ will have a twist (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=591530)

Aragorn 04-23-2021 06:36 PM

Electric 'Chevrolet Camaro’ will have a twist

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fox...ve-a-twist.amp

NZ ZL1 04-23-2021 09:11 PM

Ugh, not interested.

If uptake ever got even close to what these people imagine it should be, then rolling blackouts/brownouts would become a part of every day life. Power generation won't be able to meet demand, let alone power delivery.

Dathomas94 04-23-2021 10:00 PM

There’s no replacement for displacement !

Aragorn 04-23-2021 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dathomas94 (Post 10998321)
There’s no replacement for displacement !

For me it’s also the exhaust note and rowing through the gears.

cellsafemode 04-24-2021 01:33 AM

exhaust is overrated when all it gets you in many places in harassed by cops.

the electric Camaro will sell just as well as the ice Camaro.... which is to say probably not enough to avoid the doomsday talks about its future every year.

not unless they stop listening to the old guard like they did with the current design and evolve the Camaro into something more than a few thousand people want.

Petrol Head 04-24-2021 02:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cellsafemode (Post 10998379)

the electric Camaro will sell just as well as the ice Camaro.... which is to say probably not enough to avoid the doomsday talks about its future every year.

not unless they stop listening to the old guard like they did with the current design and evolve the Camaro into something more than a few thousand people want.

The poor sales of the Camaro now have NOTHING to do with its engines and everything to do with the back seat and trunk room and perceived (but not real) limited visibility.

If that were the case the C8 would be collecting dust in showrooms. GM can’t make them fast enough.

Every kid still loves the sound of a small block. Fact.

Puddin 04-24-2021 06:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Petrol Head (Post 10998384)
The poor sales of the Camaro now have NOTHING to do with its engines and everything to do with the back seat and trunk room and perceived (but not real) limited visibility.

If that were the case the C8 would be collecting dust in showrooms. GM can’t make them fast enough.

Not a fact as most kids nowadays don't care about cars nor do they even want to drive. The ones that do only want status symbol cars that way they can show off on all their social media platforms.

arpad_m 04-24-2021 06:17 AM

Quote:

I tend to agree. These three (actually two) issues that we are willing to overlook would be so easy to fix, but GM decided to settle for putting the car on life support instead with minimal (new infotainment, rear view camera, front collision alert, A10, line lock on the SS) or outright bogus investments (facelift).

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puddin (Post 10998411)
Not a fact as most kids nowadays don't care about cars nor do they even want to drive. The ones that do only want status symbol cars that way they can show off on all their social media platforms.

That is not all "kids nowadays", the media attention whores you're talking about are only a small, although loud, minority. That said, it is true that people in general care less about driving with all the pressures of (post)modern life and the electronic gizmos that surround them, but IMO the audience sports and muscle cars like the Camaro would appeal to the most is and will always be limited. I see nothing wrong with it as long as honest effort is being made by manufacturers to capture buyers and slowly improve their overall sales, which GM doesn't seem to be interested in.

On topic, the "electric Camaro" is a :yawn: from me, I don't yet see what would or even could differentiate it from the rest of the "me too" electric pack.

Number 3 04-24-2021 07:03 AM

Quote:

Lol, unfortunately it’s real, it’s just relative to what you are used to or willing to to put up with. C8 is in a different market and compared to other mid engine cars it isn’t too much better or worse. Compare the Camaro to a Mustang or Challenger and it’s noticeably worse.

Infamus 04-24-2021 07:08 AM

Pass I will resist driving an appliance as long as I can... :)

Speak99 04-24-2021 07:20 AM

Never in your right mind buy any new engine or transmission from GM including one that runs on electric. Historically they always seem to mess up in this area. Remember the NOVA 6 cylinder.....etc.

The battery transportation thing is not far along enough in its development for me to even consider buying one from any maker.

JSH 04-24-2021 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aragorn (Post 10998234)

There's a human carbon element but not enough to get rid of my beloved IC Camaro

43Camaro 04-24-2021 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cellsafemode (Post 10998379)

Other parts of the country are just fine with exhaust notes, Ca is leading the charge to ban everything to do with gas and noise. Just saw the gas prices in Ca, I couldn't afford to listen to my exhaust anuway.

dpevans 04-24-2021 08:44 AM

people crack me up. Sure who wouldn't love to have a 69 396 M21 sitting in their garage to take out occasionally and assault every nerve in your body. Once you are passed on the track by an electric car that has the feeling of being glued to the pavement pulling 1.2gs in the corners and the car can handle anything you throw at it you people will be lining up to buy electric cars. Sure people are still gonna love the feeling of tracking and dragging the old combustion engines of the past but electric is the future. And by the way i am 60 and can't wait to see what's on the market in several years.