CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=155)
-   -   This is what 7th generation camaro should look like (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=532528)

rburke76 06-27-2018 03:38 PM

This is what 7th generation camaro should look like

3 Attachment(s)
The mustang went retro 2005-2014, the challenger is retro 2009-present, I love the 5th and 6th generation camaro, I own a 6th generation camaro, but man I would love the 7th generation camaro to look like the 1970-1973 models!...Six different trims, LT, LS, RS, SS, Z28,ZL1, etc...use 4 cylinder, V6, V8, go crazy! Have up to 20 different color combinations including Orange, Gold, maroon, Green, Brown, copper metallic, black cherry, etc...go crazy!..I love the camaro, let's do retro! Yeah!

Gen6_1Le 06-27-2018 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rburke76 (Post 10232506)
The mustang went retro 2005-2014, the challenger is retro 2009-present, I love the 5th and 6th generation camaro, I own a 6th generation camaro, but man I would love the 7th generation camaro to look like the 1970-1973 models!...Six different trims, LT, LS, RS, SS, Z28,ZL1, etc...use 4 cylinder, V6, V8, go crazy! Have up to 20 different color combinations including Orange, Gold, maroon, Green, Brown, copper metallic, black cherry, etc...go crazy!..I love the camaro, let's do retro! Yeah!

Bite your tongue , no more retro Camaros .

gpskinzhut 06-27-2018 03:51 PM

No, it's time to do something other than retro.

hotlap 06-27-2018 03:55 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I love the 70-73 but prefer the early, simpler rear spoiler of the 70. I wonder if they could do a C7 type hatch with that rear profile without losing structural rigidity.

I owned more gen2 f-bodies than all the other generations combined. They were plentiful in my youth

yankee 06-27-2018 03:56 PM

Nononono, please leave the past in the past. Thank you

SDG23 06-27-2018 04:03 PM

Hell no, the 2nd gen is the kind of retro that needs to be left alone, don't revive it for the love of God, it's too mullet-y. The Camaro needs to move forward, not back, so maybe it's time to be done with the retro stuff.

yankee 06-27-2018 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SDG23 (Post 10232531)
Hell no, the 2nd gen is the kind of retro that needs to be left alone, don't revive it for the love of God, it's too mullet-y. The Camaro needs to move forward, not back, so maybe it's time to be done with the retro stuff.

I very much agree. They had their time.

KMPrenger 06-27-2018 04:14 PM

No retro Camaro.

On that note, I'll just say this...the 6th gen Camaro is not retro. Its completely modern, while of course keeping that same long hood, long door, broad shoulder design that makes a Camaro a Camaro.

No need to go back to something actually retro.

my1stchevy 06-27-2018 05:05 PM

No thanks. I think I would go for the refresh before going retro.

protovack 06-27-2018 05:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
OP, I completely agree with you. The 2nd generation had a timeless look that still appears modern today. A new take on the 2nd-gen, if done right, would be absolutely spectacular. The problem is, everyone is so focused on car fascias looking "mean" and "pissed off" that the innocent elegance of the older models gets forgotten. There are only so many combinations of shapes you can use to design a car. At a certain point everything old becomes new again. I see no reason why we shouldn't resurrect this one.

I see people suggesting that the new Camaro should look like that Buick Avista concept. Which makes me want to vomit, personally.

This would be awesome:

Rock-It Man 06-27-2018 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by protovack (Post 10232615)
OP, I completely agree with you. The 2nd generation had a timeless look that still appears modern today. A new take on the 2nd-gen, if done right, would be absolutely spectacular. The problem is, everyone is so focused on car fascias looking "mean" and "pissed off" that the innocent elegance of the older models gets forgotten. There are only so many combinations of shapes you can use to design a car. At a certain point everything old becomes new again. I see no reason why we shouldn't resurrect this one.

I see people suggesting that the new Camaro should look like that Buick Avista concept. Which makes me want to vomit, personally.

This would be awesome:

Unfortunately, crash regulations make something that really looks like Gen2 impossible. Instead it would look hideous like the orange thing above. Reminds me of current Rolls and Bentley fronts, which are about as good looking as a toad.

The original split bumper Gen2 with the big fog lights is the best looking Camaro of all.

Gen6_1Le 06-27-2018 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by protovack (Post 10232615)

This would be awesome:

That would be an insult.

GroundhogSS 06-27-2018 06:43 PM

No. There's been too much retro. Move into the future with styling.

twoballscrewball 06-27-2018 06:49 PM

My little opinion, the 2016-2018 are a perfect modern blend on 1st gen curves and the future styling. Angualr, but still that muscular classic late 60s early 70s C pillar. Lights rock.

2019, they messed up the front end and it lost a ton of it's edge, looks like a sedan now. Step backwards. No offense to anyone that likes it, but my opinion.

Gen 7 lower the belt line, fix the front end, shape gets refined, 500HP hybrid V8 with a mode toggle :) Lightweight removable, or retractable, hard top. :D