CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=155)
-   -   Launch Control on the SS Automatic (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=522200)

Ambush 03-02-2018 01:19 PM

Launch Control on the SS Automatic

I read the instructions:

1. Sport or Track mode.
2. Double-tap the Traction Control button
3. Brakes hard to the floor.
4. Gas hard to the floor.
5. Let go of brakes.

On the automatic, all I get is burning rubber once step 4 is applied. I'm assuming there's no launch control on the automatic?

Wolvie70 03-02-2018 01:20 PM

Here we go! :popcorn:

ShadySS 03-02-2018 01:24 PM

There is, I've used it many times, either it's malfunctioning or you're doing something incorrectly.

Does it say competitive mode on the dash when you double tap the traction control button?

iPODFAN11 03-02-2018 02:14 PM

From the Book:

Quote:

Launch Control

A Launch Control feature is available, within Competitive Driving Mode, to allow the driver to achieve high levels of vehicle acceleration in a straight line. Launch Control is a form of traction control that manages tire spin while launching the vehicle. This feature is intended for use during closed course race events where consistent zero to sixty and quarter mile times are desirable.

Launch Control is only available when the following criteria are met:

•Competitive Driving Mode is selected.
•The vehicle is not moving.
•The steering wheel is pointing straight.
Manual Transmissions

•The clutch is pressed and the vehicle is in 1 (First) gear.
•The accelerator pedal is rapidly applied to wide open throttle.

The Launch Control feature will initially limit engine speed as the driver rapidly applies the accelerator pedal to wide open throttle. Allow the engine rpm to stabilize. A smooth, quick release of the clutch, while maintaining the fully pressed accelerator pedal, will manage wheel slip. Complete shifts are described in Manual Transmission.

Automatic Transmissions

•The brake pedal must be firmly pressed to the floor, equivalent to a panic brake event.
•The accelerator pedal is rapidly applied to wide open throttle. (If the vehicle rolls due to wide open throttle, release the throttle, press the brake pedal more firmly, and re-apply the accelerator to wide open throttle.)

After the vehicle is launched, the system continues in Competitive Driving Mode.

Competitive Driving Mode and Launch Control are systems designed for a closed course race track and not intended for use on public roads. The systems are not intended to compensate for lack of driver experience or familiarity with the race track.

Gen6 softtop 03-02-2018 02:20 PM

Probably not pressing brakes hard enough. I see it says equivalent to a panic stop

CruzySS 03-02-2018 03:09 PM

Smash the brake pedal hard. Go WOT fast and it should hold your car at 2k rpm

craigss50 03-02-2018 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CruzySS (Post 10094628)

Then hold on and enjoy the ride!

SuperSound 03-02-2018 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gen6 softtop (Post 10094567)
Probably not pressing brakes hard enough. I see it says equivalent to a panic stop

Quote:

Originally Posted by CruzySS (Post 10094628)

This, had trouble too my first time because punching a pedal through the floor is not natural lol.

On the other hand, I can beat LC every time launching manually.

jdasnt3 03-02-2018 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperSound (Post 10094679)
This, had trouble too my first time because punching a pedal through the floor is not natural lol.

On the other hand, I can beat LC every time launching manually.

Yes, until I was modded. Now I use LC every time at the track. Even tuned, it works.

Ambush 03-02-2018 05:04 PM

Thanks for the input. I will try it again tomorrow.

wwiiavfan 03-02-2018 05:22 PM

I’ve only tried it once, and it worked, but it bogged more than I like before it took off and left my intestines in the backseat. Haven’t had another chance to try it.

Need4Camaro 03-02-2018 06:18 PM

Dumb question but do the V6 models have launch control?

Ambush 03-02-2018 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Need4Camaro (Post 10094800)
Dumb question but do the V6 models have launch control?

I believe that's a no. sorry.

PnCRedJwl2SS 03-04-2018 12:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gen6 softtop (Post 10094567)

This is the issue. Press the brake harder. I couldn't get it to work the first few tries. That was my solution.