CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   Dragstrip and Launching Discussion (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=256)
-   -   Aerospace front brakes, feedback appreciated. (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=588165)

Wilka_SS 02-08-2021 09:27 PM

Aerospace front brakes, feedback appreciated.

Anyone have experience with driving on them on the street? Heard some people say they stop fine, some say increased pedal travel, and barely stop. Any experience or feedback appreciated.

laynlo15 02-09-2021 08:36 AM

What reason are you replacing the fronts? To save weight? I'd save the money and use it somewhere else if your building a street strip car.

Umbriel 02-09-2021 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by laynlo15 (Post 10952692)
What reason are you replacing the fronts? To save weight? I'd save the money and use it somewhere else if your building a street strip car.

What do you recommend? I was planning on doing the Aerospace street brake kit on mine to save rotational weight off of the car but open to suggestions.

Snowblind 02-09-2021 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wilka_SS (Post 10952523)
Anyone have experience with driving on them on the street? Heard some people say they stop fine, some say increased pedal travel, and barely stop. Any experience or feedback appreciated.

I think I answered you on FB already but here is more detail of my opinion...I believe I was the 2nd person to have them after Brandon (June 2018) and I love them. I mentioned that their was slightly more travel but the pedal is firm and stopping power is comparable to the Brembos imo, they hold the car well in the bleach box at the track too. You will enjoy the 47lbs of weight savings (some rotational) and coupled with skinny fronts the inertial steering is fantastic. The pads may be a little more aggressive than the stockers and you may see more brake dust.

The only drawback I could see someone complaining about is the pad chatter. The calipers are quick release and their is very little pressure on the rotors when the brakes are not being used...hence the chatter. You could possibly glue the pad backing to the piston ring (I think they do that on the C8 now) but it doesn't bother me, it serves its purpose.

Umbriel 02-09-2021 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snowblind (Post 10952896)
I think I answered you on FB already but here is more detail of my opinion...I believe I was the 2nd person to have them after Brandon (June 2018) and I love them. I mentioned that their was slightly more travel but the pedal is firm and stopping power is comparable to the Brembos imo, they hold the car well in the bleach box at the track too. You will enjoy the 47lbs of weight savings (some rotational) and coupled with skinny fronts the inertial steering is fantastic. The pads may be a little more aggressive than the stockers and you may see more brake dust.

The only drawback I could see someone complaining about is the pad chatter. The calipers are quick release and their is very little pressure on the rotors when the brakes are not being used...hence the chatter. You could possibly glue the pad backing to the piston ring (I think they do that on the C8 now) but it doesn't bother me, it serves its purpose.

Do you have front and rear or just front?

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Snowblind 02-09-2021 05:13 PM

I had fronts only in 2018 and went all around in 2019-present.

Umbriel 02-10-2021 06:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snowblind (Post 10952948)
I had fronts only in 2018 and went all around in 2019-present.

So street driving with a full set of them is ok and not sketchy?

parish8 02-10-2021 09:59 AM

I have them in the front and some other brand in the rear. Like others have said there is a rattle. I have no issue making repeated stops at the track from nearly 160mph. The pedal does feels funny to me but I only notice it when parked and pushing on the breaks. When driving i don’t notice anything because I never have to mash the pedal very hard.

parish8 02-10-2021 10:54 AM

And, if your running skinnies all the time like I do now those brakes are more than enough to over power the tires. Those skinnies really scream when you hit the brakes hard.

Umbriel 02-10-2021 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by parish8 (Post 10953346)
And, if your running skinnies all the time like I do now those brakes are more than enough to over power the tires. Those skinnies really scream when you hit the brakes hard.

Thanks for the information. I am going to have to most likely put the brakes on the back burner as I think my trans is not happy with my power level right now.

Choda 02-10-2021 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snowblind (Post 10952896)
47lbs of weight savings

damn thats a lot.

Wilka_SS 02-10-2021 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Umbriel (Post 10953171)
So street driving with a full set of them is ok and not sketchy?

That's my main concern or being able to stop from interstate speeds.

Umbriel 02-11-2021 05:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wilka_SS (Post 10953779)
That's my main concern or being able to stop from interstate speeds.

Yeah I am just trying to figure out if street driving is compromised with them or not. My car is a street car that will see the occasional drag strip and roll race.

KingLT1 02-12-2021 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wilka_SS (Post 10952523)

It depends on the car and mods.

Stock weight or heavier car with 20" wheels or even some drag packs is going to stop like shit with smaller brakes which is why they come with what they do from the factory.

Basic weight reduction car on a smaller wheel drag pack setup will probably stop ok with smaller brakes.

Extensive weight reduction car with 15" drag pack will probably stop as good as it once did from the factory...maybe even better.