CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=155)
-   -   Insurance for 2016-2017 camaro 2ss (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=490693)

6ixrosario 04-08-2017 06:39 PM

Insurance for 2016-2017 camaro 2ss

I'm 19 and I'm been lookin around for some good insurance on a camaro. Anyone know any good insurance places that offer good insurance for a good price? I just need basic coverage for now and everywhere ive been looking want like 500+ except Geico they offer $231.

Frank237 04-08-2017 07:32 PM

When I was 19 and owned a Corvette...My monthly insurance paymt was MORE than my car payment. The curse of being a high risk, young adult.

Good Luck.

01pewterz28 04-08-2017 08:08 PM

Take the Geico good luck. I will tell you I just priced out insurance via Grundy collector car insurance. With an agreed value of $55k for a 17 2SS convertible I was quoted $735 for 12 months. Problem with collector car insurance is you need to be 25 or older, have a reliable daily driver, and your collector car cannot be you main mode of transportation.

Metsfan 04-08-2017 08:12 PM

Unfortunately that's about right. That geico price is pretty fair for your age. The only way you're going to get a lower rate is if you get added to your parents policy or someone much older than you. If that's not an option, just be prepared to pay higher rates until about 25.

6ixrosario 04-08-2017 09:14 PM

Yeah i was thibking the same thing I mean im fine with $231 thats a good price for me I put down a big amount on the down payment so the monthly note isn't bad. Ik some people told me to try USAA too or see of if military discounts can help take some off. But thanks for for responses guys

Frank237 04-08-2017 09:21 PM

If You are Military...absolutely look into USAA!

I'm 66 yoa. Zero points or past violations. I still pay $1100 per year, with a $500 deductible. But also opted for some better coverage for uninsured, higher medical coverage, etc. So not really a base level policy.

Est98SS 04-08-2017 09:22 PM

$231 sounds pretty good, when I first got my 16' 2SS I was 17 only had a drivers permit so I didn't need to be on the insurance policy, only my grandparents were, so it was about $1800 a year for just the Camaro then when I got my license and got on the policy it went up to around $4000 a year. This is it with AAA full coverage.

Drizzt ss 04-08-2017 09:54 PM

Check out nationwide, I'm not as young as you(god bless you, I wish I was haha) but my insurance actually dropped when I traded in my sti for the camaro.

Deviousin10tions 04-08-2017 10:06 PM

You will find USAA to not be any cheaper than the rest. I had an USAA Policy for 10 years before my wife said lets look around, Geico Advantage was cheaper held onto them for 3 years unti my wife got a DUI then they dropped my coverage. I ended up with Progressive even with my wife's DUI it's cheaper than even the Geico Policy I had.

parish8 04-08-2017 10:24 PM

i have checked prices everywhere. geico was 1/2 what the others were. less than $600/year. i tell everyone about it when it comes up. younger guys report they don't have the best deals but older people with good records get great prices.

thescout6 04-08-2017 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deviousin10tions (Post 9662113)
You will find USAA to not be any cheaper than the rest. I had an USAA Policy for 10 years before my wife said lets look around, Geico Advantage was cheaper held onto them for 3 years unti my wife got a DUI then they dropped my coverage. I ended up with Progressive even with my wife's DUI it's cheaper than even the Geico Policy I had.

Difference is the quality of customer service. Any issues with my car USAA had it fixed or paid out in literally 3-4 days. I have family members and friends that have Geico and they have to fight for weeks or months to get geico to cover something. They fight you on everything and try to get out of having to pay. I know a few that have had a decent experience with them, but the vast majority of those I've encountered do not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

euroconvert 04-09-2017 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deviousin10tions (Post 9662113)

Here in NY you can not beat USAA, I have them and got a Geico quote a month ago, it was a joke compared to USAA, almost double, I am young as well (Mid 20's) :noidea:

If you can get USAA, get a quote for sure!

Only thing I could think of is I have been insured by USAA since I was 16 on my parents policy before I got my own a few years ago so maybe that helps my premium?

BrianL 04-09-2017 08:49 AM

19 and a 2SS! Wow, that is quite a car for being 19. Congratulations for being in a position to get something like that.

Resist the temptation for something that is going to get you a ticket, or you will feel much pain when it's reported to the insurance company!

6ixrosario 04-09-2017 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrianL (Post 9662459)
19 and a 2SS! Wow, that is quite a car for being 19. Congratulations for being in a position to get something like that.

Resist the temptation for something that is going to get you a ticket, or you will feel much pain when it's reported to the insurance company!

Thank you! I worked hard to get where I am today. Hard work pays off big time. But thank you everyone for suggestions!