CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   Cosmetic modifications (exterior and interior) (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=229)
-   -   NEW Camaro 6th Generation Retro Style High Rise Rear Spoiler At RPI Designs (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=470996)

Doyal_Mcneff 10-25-2016 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RPI Designs (Post 9373692)

If you make a wickerbill with this I'm buying two!

Dubchitts 10-26-2016 12:34 AM

+1 wickerbill

Whitemaro6 10-26-2016 12:47 PM

+1 on wicker

Corner carver 10-26-2016 01:20 PM

+1 on the wicker bill.... The masses have spoken lol:smoking:

RPI Designs 10-26-2016 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Corner carver (Post 9377016)
+1 on the wicker bill.... The masses have spoken lol:smoking:

Alright! We will look into doing it. :thumb:

RPI Designs 10-27-2016 07:22 AM

Install video of our new Camaro 6th Generation Retro Style High Rise Rear Spoiler

We did a short install video of our new Camaro 6th Generation Retro Style High Rise Rear Spoiler

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAqf...em-subs_digest

GP86 10-27-2016 08:52 AM

Gorgeous!!! This one is MUCH better than the others that are available. The others I've seen in this style are silly large.

Any pics with the trunk open? I love the 1 piece design and I think it will look really cool to have the spoiler overhanging the edges of the trunk when it's open.

Doyal_Mcneff 10-27-2016 09:28 AM

Wait I thought it installed in the factory pedestal holes? Does it not?

KMPrenger 10-27-2016 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doyal_Mcneff (Post 9378347)

What he said.

keon718nyc 10-27-2016 04:17 PM

I see that the spoiler goes into place through the holes and was wondering does it come with 3m tape around the bottom for mounting it, or does it just bolt on directly to the trunks paint? And also you said the existing holes just need to be tapered not to add new holes so i am a bit confused after watching the video. One last thing, is it possible to measure the height of the spoiler so i can compare the 6LE spoiler i currently have and see the height difference? Its hard to tell with the pics other then the middle section being shorter. Thanks again, Might switch it up and try yours out soon...

Doyal_Mcneff 10-27-2016 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keon718nyc (Post 9379022)
I see that the spoiler goes into place through the holes and was wondering does it come with 3m tape around the bottom for mounting it, or does it just bolt on directly to the trunks paint? And also you said the existing holes just need to be tapered not to add new holes so i am a bit confused after watching the video. One last thing, is it possible to measure the height of the spoiler so i can compare the 6LE spoiler i currently have and see the height difference? Its hard to tell with the pics other then the middle section being shorter. Thanks again, Might switch it up and try yours out soon...

It's shorter than your spoiler for sure.

keon718nyc 10-27-2016 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doyal_Mcneff (Post 9379267)
It's shorter than your spoiler for sure.

Wasn't my question at all, thanks for your info though.... :thumbsup:

RPI Designs 10-28-2016 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keon718nyc (Post 9379022)

1. The spoiler bolts directly to the deck lid. There is no tape used.

2. Three new holes will need to be drilled to mount our spoiler in addition to opening up a few of the holes to allow the larger bolt to slide through easier.

3. The height of the spoiler is about 4.5" tall. I measured this right next to the third brake light cut out.

Hope this help clarify things.

RPI Designs 10-28-2016 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doyal_Mcneff (Post 9378347)

Quote:

Originally Posted by KMPrenger (Post 9378567)
What he said.

Three new holes will need to be drilled to mount our spoiler in addition to opening up a few of the holes to allow the larger bolt to slide through easier.