CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tuning / Diagnostics (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=254)
-   -   Torque Management Advance Issues (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=590772)

LiqTenExp 04-08-2021 06:21 AM

Torque Management Advance Issues

2 Attachment(s)
Hey,

I'm having issues where TqMgtAdv is pulling timing under heavy acceleration, especially after switching gears (M6). I turned TC/SC off (5+ second hold) and it will still happen. Any recommendations?

When it occurs I will see ~2 seconds where it holds off timing using TqMgtAdv and then snaps it all back in, really upsets balance of car.

Attached are two examples, one was PTM S2, other was everything off using 5 second hold

NA18CamaroSS 04-08-2021 09:13 AM

You can max out all of your torque tables to eliminate the issue. Just be prepared for wheel spin when you step on the throttle. Don't ask me how I know.

Joshinator99 04-08-2021 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NA18CamaroSS (Post 10988715)
You can max out all of your torque tables to eliminate the issue. Just be prepared for wheel spin when you step on the throttle. Don't ask me how I know.

Nope, that's not how torque based tuning works. Yes, you can max the limiter but virtual torque and driver demand tables should not be just maxed out.

LiqTenExp 04-08-2021 12:09 PM

There really isn't a whole lot of control for TqMgtAdv directly related to TCS options. What are my options, am I stuck doing stuff like changing my min timing from allowing negative timing in these areas to not allowing it?

LiqTenExp 04-08-2021 11:22 PM

I think my actions are going to be the following after digging through some data

1) Inspect for Virtual Torque for being the limiting factor somtimes, found a couple cases where "Engine Torque" exceeded "Immediate Torque"

2) Found some cases where "Torque Management" / "Driver Demand" / "Increasing Predicted Normal/Tap" Delta torque values may be getting exceeded, will bump these tables up a little

Thoughts?

KingLT1 04-09-2021 09:00 AM

Mods?

NA18CamaroSS 04-09-2021 09:02 AM

Torque

1 Attachment(s)
This is my tuner's solution. Attempt at your own risk. It works for me.

LiqTenExp 04-09-2021 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NA18CamaroSS (Post 10989417)
This is my tuner's solution. Attempt at your own risk. It works for me.

Need to see Peak Tq table just to be complete.

LiqTenExp 04-09-2021 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingLT1 (Post 10989415)
Mods?

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=537171

This was the original setup, some minor changes here and there wheels, tires, toe bars, JMS FuelMax, etc.

Their tune seemed to avoid some of this issue by having the Min Spark high enough that you'd never allow negative tq based on TqMgtAdv. Trying to approach it differently by not setting TqMgtAdv in these cases. It also me trying to learn HP Tuners on GenV.

KingLT1 04-09-2021 10:54 AM

I don't think you can totally get around it without editing the minium spark table. If it was a torque limit issue then it would be closing the throttle blade. You could try adding 10% to the virtual torque tables. Highlight bottom row multiply by 1.1 then select entire map and interpolate selection then calculate coefficient. Rise repeat. However I believe there is some torque management tables that are not accessible and I believe it causes issues with M6 cars when in rev match mode. I haven't spent a lot of time on it since I haven't tuned any M6's but I don't notice the issue on my Brothers M7 C7Z. Wish I could be of more help.

NA18CamaroSS 04-09-2021 12:59 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by LiqTenExp (Post 10989471)
Need to see Peak Tq table just to be complete.

My tune vs stock peak torque table.

LiqTenExp 04-11-2021 10:00 AM

Lot's of good progress. I doubled the "Torque Management" / "Driver Demand" / "Increasing Predicted Normal/Tap" Delta torque values. I didn't want to blindly slap them to the max like I see some folk doing.

I have eliminated almost all of my TqMgtAdv stepping in and crushing my timing by buffing up 25-150 lb/ft in different spots of my Virtual Torque Table. Now that I timing isn't dropping out I found a new area that I needed to touch up above 3800 RPM. Next time I go out I expect it to be all resolved or very close to it.

This apparently is valid method to stop TqMgtAdv from coming in and stealing all your timing :)