CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Tiger Woods (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=589073)

Petrol Head 03-05-2021 08:36 AM

Tiger Woods

Looks like the sheriffs department investigating Tiger Woods crash has a search warrant for the Hyundai’s black box.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/news...h3I?li=BBnbfcL

One thing the article talks about is the lack of skid marks. Someone should let the author know that since the advent of ABS and traction control as standard equipment on most cars in the last 20 years, you’ll likely never see skid marks on an accident scene again. Just because there’s no tire marks doesn’t mean he didn’t slam on the brakes and try to steer. That’s what the black box computer will show.

Gone are the days of locked up skid marks 50 feet before an accident scene.

Silver14 03-05-2021 08:37 AM

https://www.cedtechnologies.com/are-...h-abs-systems/

xc_SS/RS 03-05-2021 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Petrol Head (Post 10966760)
Looks like the sheriffs department investigating Tiger Woods crash has a search warrant for the Hyundai’s black box.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/news...h3I?li=BBnbfcL

One thing the article talks about is the lack of skid marks. Someone should let the author know that since the advent of ABS and traction control as standard equipment on most cars in the last 20 years, you’ll likely never see skid marks on an accident scene again. Just because there’s no tire marks doesn’t mean he didn’t slam on the brakes and try to steer. That’s what the black box computer will show.

Gone are the days of locked up skid marks 50 feet before an accident scene.

I thought he was driving a Lexus RX. Guess i need my eyes checked lol

FarmerFran 03-05-2021 09:02 AM

Yep a Hyundai. I keep hearing all about how safe they are now.

Petrol Head 03-05-2021 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silver14 (Post 10966764)

Sounds like a combination witch doctor/ambulance chasing attorney's office :smiling1:

Petrol Head 03-05-2021 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xc_SS/RS (Post 10966767)
I thought he was driving a Lexus RX. Guess i need my eyes checked lol

Apparently it was a sponsor vehicle, and he insisted on driving himself even though these events with sports/music/entertainment stars will certainly pick them up and drive them.

With Tiger being worth something around $900m, a $35,000 SUV is probably not in his garage. He loses that amount of money in the cushions of his sofa in loose change every week :smiling1:

FarmerFran 03-05-2021 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Petrol Head (Post 10966786)
Apparently it was a sponsor vehicle, and he insisted on driving himself even though these events with sports/music/entertainment stars will certainly pick them up and drive them.

With Tiger being worth something around $900m, a $35,000 SUV is probably not in his garage. He loses that amount of money in the cushions of his sofa in loose change every week :smiling1:

Maybe he pulled a Jeremy Clarkson - but followed through with it.

90503 03-05-2021 10:02 AM

Thousands and thousands of drivers successfully negotiate that stretch of road daily. Is it dangerous? It can be, depending on how you drive. Can it be made safer? Yes, absolutely. To me the most glaring feature that is absent is the use of a center median and barrier to prevent traveling into the opposite direction of on-coming cars and head on collisions.

You must remember where this is. A very up-scale neighborhood where a functioning center median would look like the Berlin wall, and a pitchfork mob would spell the end of any councilman's career who promoted it's construction. Aesthetics and landscaping sometimes are more important than what can make something safe, depending on where you live.

There is a serious accident there on average once a month. But now that one involved Tiger Woods, perhaps the road will be made safer. My $.02.

Petrol Head 03-05-2021 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 90503 (Post 10966821)
Thousands and thousands of drivers successfully negotiate that stretch of road daily. Is it dangerous? It can be, depending on how you drive. Can it be made safer? Yes, absolutely. To me the most glaring feature that is absent is the use of a center median and barrier to prevent traveling into the opposite direction of on-coming cars and head on collisions.

You must remember where this is. A very up-scale neighborhood where a functioning center median would look like the Berlin wall, and a pitchfork mob would spell the end of any councilman's career who promoted it's construction. Aesthetics and landscaping sometimes are more important than what can make something safe, depending on where you live.

There is a serious accident there on average once a month. But now that one involved Tiger Woods, perhaps the road will be made safer. My $.02.

I'm not blaming anyone or anything other than questionable driving by Tiger. Unless and until the car's black box data proves what happened, it just seems like he either wasn't paying attention or was under some kind of influence (which I doubt). Like you say, thousands of drivers successfully negotiate that stretch of road daily. If you just slow down and pay attention, there's no need for a divider.

90503 03-05-2021 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Petrol Head (Post 10966833)
I'm not blaming anyone or anything other than questionable driving by Tiger. Unless and until the car's black box data proves what happened, it just seems like he either wasn't paying attention or was under some kind of influence (which I doubt). Like you say, thousands of drivers successfully negotiate that stretch of road daily. If you just slow down and pay attention, there's no need for a divider.

Yes. Had he collided with and injured another motorist, there would definitely be blame assigned. Part of that blame would be the lack of a center barrier. Just below where tiger came to a stop are the first of two runaway vehicle escape lanes. A road that needs two escape lanes could also use a good center divider.

Silver14 03-05-2021 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 90503 (Post 10966821)

Looks like it wouldn't take much to get into trouble on that road. A little inattention due to a cell phone, not realizing the speed downhill, etc. I can't find it now, but I recall reading that there were 2 additional wrecks that day on that stretch of road and that the road has a couple of those runaway truck sand/gravel exits.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Petrol Head (Post 10966781)
Sounds like a combination witch doctor/ambulance chasing attorney's office :smiling1:

Looks legit to me, I'm sure they do a bunch of work for accident attorneys though. The customers they have doesn't make their forensic/accident reconstruction invalid. If you do a panic stop in a car with ABS, you'll likely still see tire marks, just not a solid thick stripe of rubber like the good ol' days.

2013ZL1FUN 03-06-2021 05:27 PM

I heard someone was chasing him with a golf club!

BMR Sales 03-08-2021 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Petrol Head (Post 10966786)
a $35,000 SUV is probably not in his garage.

They start at $49,000

1JEWLDSSRS 03-09-2021 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2013ZL1FUN (Post 10967624)
I heard someone was chasing him with a golf club!

^^ now that's not even funny!!! He could have been killed in the crash! :crazy: