CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   Wheels | Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=227)
-   -   G-FORCE COMP-2 A/S PLUS - UPDATE (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=590452)

FarmerFran 04-02-2021 06:49 AM

G-FORCE COMP-2 A/S PLUS - UPDATE

I have had the tires for a couple of months now and I have a mini update...

They work really good in the cold - 27°F

They work great in the rain, we had a wicked south eastern thunderstorm with a heavy down pour and I felt fine the entire time driving.

No "hot weather" yet but it is coming and I will report back.

WhiteMale 04-02-2021 07:27 AM

I was most curious on snow, the previous version I'd concur with everything you said but they were bad on anything more than a dusting of snow. I needed more than that, a little bit, and stepped up this winter for the PA4 winter performance tire and it was much better on light snow and a superb tire in cold/wet/dry.

avalonandl 04-02-2021 12:23 PM

Mine did NOT like snow....

FarmerFran 04-03-2021 01:15 PM

I guess I should have stated, they will never see snow. I want a superior cold weather/wet/dry tire. And these so far are quite a bit better than the AS3

Vaska 04-03-2021 11:31 PM

10/10 review, would read again.

I take it people that don’t need dedicated winter tires get A/S? Not totally summer but enough to keep you out of trouble on those chilly mid-west days? Is it worth sacrificing full summer tire grip for a few weeks of almost-winter weather? These are the questions that need answering.

FarmerFran 04-04-2021 06:44 AM

I will be able to answer those when the weather gets a tad warmer here. These tires grip as good as the GY so far up to about 70°F

VT-1LE 04-04-2021 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FarmerFran (Post 10984859)
I have had the tires for a couple of months now and I have a mini update...

They work really good in the cold - 27°F

They work great in the rain, we had a wicked south eastern thunderstorm with a heavy down pour and I felt fine the entire time driving.

No "hot weather" yet but it is coming and I will report back.

What size do you have. I bought a set from a guy on here (super nice guy). They were on after market lookalike SS 1LE rims. He had them on a 50th convertible but sold the car. They are 275/35 fronts and 305/35 I think I will need to relocate a wire on the driver side rear if I want to run them.

Curious about your situation and if you had to make any adjustments to your car.

Msquared 04-04-2021 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FarmerFran (Post 10984859)
They work really good in the cold - 27°F.

Cold? That's not cold! Back in my day...

Just kidding. Seriously, that's a pretty impressive data point. Thanks for posting.

FarmerFran 04-09-2021 09:16 AM

In the 80f heat the hook very weil

WhiteMale 04-09-2021 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vaska (Post 10985913)

I take it people that don’t need dedicated winter tires get A/S? Not totally summer but enough to keep you out of trouble on those chilly mid-west days? Is it worth sacrificing full summer tire grip for a few weeks of almost-winter weather? These are the questions that need answering.

To try and answer that I needed more snow capability than an A/S but I don' tneed a snow/ice/studless tire so I settled in the middle for the PA4 Performance winter tire and I was very happy with those, extremely pleased. I didn't feel trapped in light snow like I have with an A/S in the past.
Given we had a winter with not much snow fall.

FarmerFran 04-11-2021 06:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vaska (Post 10985913)

Correct, My Camaro is my DD and while I will not see much weather below 40°F here we do get some winters that are colder than others and I would just rather not risk the summer only in that instance. I do not push the car that hard to worry about the minor drop in performance on hot summer days. I do not go anywhere if it snows around here. I moved from a snow state to a "non-snow" state and a lot of people here are just not used to the snow and drive like knuckleheads, so I just stay home. It usually (literally) only lasts a few hours or maybe a day before the roads are clear. This year we got about 2-3" overnight and by noon you could not tell it snowed. In an "emergency" situation I have my truck if I needed to go out.

So yes. for me I only need AS tires. for Dry/Wet/Cold - not snow

FarmerFran 04-11-2021 06:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VT-1LE (Post 10985985)
What size do you have. I bought a set from a guy on here (super nice guy). They were on after market lookalike SS 1LE rims. He had them on a 50th convertible but sold the car. They are 275/35 fronts and 305/35 I think I will need to relocate a wire on the driver side rear if I want to run them.

Curious about your situation and if you had to make any adjustments to your car.

Stock SS size. 245 front/ 275 rear so no adjustments

ctrlz 05-17-2021 10:37 AM

I switched over to these tires 2 days ago. Seems like slightly less noise than the General Gmax. I'll do an SPL measurement this week on the same stretch of road I used to measure the Generals.
I don't get the growl. The change from Comp 2 to Comp 2 Plus was a compound change. Not sure why they did that (noise?, grip?, save 50 cents per tire in manufacturing?).

CanadianVetZL1 05-17-2021 10:52 AM

I find it funny calling 27F a cold weather tire. Strange world when our tires are in danger of cracking at 20F

think i will need all seasons just to park in garage!!