CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=237)
-   -   Oil Change Cost (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=625000)

jfkheat 04-19-2024 12:36 PM

Oil Change Cost

For those of you that let the dealership change the oil in your ZL1, what does it cost. I called a couple dealers near me and was given prices from $89 to $250. I told the one with the $89 price that I knew that wasn't right because the oil and filter cost more than that. He insisted that it was right.
Thank you, James

arpad_m 04-19-2024 12:43 PM

I paid $130 last time, but that was 2 years ago, haven't been to the dealership since then.

WhiteMale 04-19-2024 12:46 PM

Ya the 10qts of 0W-40 and a filter are > $89, you're right to have questioned that one.

NYTMARE23 04-19-2024 12:50 PM

I got my first one(at 500 miles) last year free, then I asked what it would be this year when I bring it out at 1,000 and he said $130.00.
I'm fortunate enough where they let me drive my car back to the lift, and they let me watch them put the lift under it on my lift pads and watch them do the oil change, so that's nice, but I'd be lying if I said my anxiety wasn't through the roof while it's dangling in the air...:smiling1::smiling1::faint:

2023_ZL1-AUTO 04-19-2024 01:12 PM

So... yeah.... a dealer will never change my oil... EVER ! I called a local dealer and asked the cost of an oil change for my 2023 ZL1. I had to speak to two different people to try and get a price. Both people I spoke with had to check with someone else. Then, they told me it was a set price for "Oil Changes for Camaros" and it was $189. I told them I wasn't sure that was accurate, so they transferred me to the "service manager". I asked her and she put me on hold twice and then finally came back and said it would be: $225. I said OK, can you tell me what kind of oil they will use for my oil change and she seemed clueless. She said hold on and then came back and said, it's Mobile, then paused for a few seconds and blurted out: Full Synthetic. I said yeah, ok but what actual oil is it they will use. She said let me check, and then came back and just said "Dexos". I asked what Mobile Dexos type: High Performance, High Mileage, Euro, Supercar or what? She said hold on a second and she transferred me. Then the person answered, "Parts Department", and I simply hung up the phone. That made me decided to do it myself, forever!

NYTMARE23 04-19-2024 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2023_ZL1-AUTO (Post 11419503)
So... yeah.... a dealer will never change my oil... EVER ! I called a local dealer and asked the cost of an oil change for my 2023 ZL1. I had to speak to two different people to try and get a price. Both people I spoke with had to check with someone else. Then, they told me it was a set price for "Oil Changes for Camaros" and it was $189. I told them I wasn't sure that was accurate, so they transferred me to the "service manager". I asked her and she put me on hold twice and then finally came back and said it would be: $225. I said OK, can you tell me what kind of oil they will use for my oil change and she seemed clueless. She said hold on and then came back and said, it's Mobile, then paused for a few seconds and blurted out: Full Synthetic. I said yeah, ok but what actual oil is it they will use. She said let me check, and then came back and just said "Dexos". I asked what Mobile Dexos type: High Performance, High Mileage, Euro, Supercar or what? She said hold on a second and she transferred me. Then the person answered, "Parts Department", and I simply hung up the phone. That made me decided to do it myself, forever!

Not trying to be rude here, but sounds like your dealership sucks.:mad0259: I guess me having a 12+ year relationship with my dealership, knowing 3/4 of the employees there very well, they know my expectations and quite honestly cater to what I want when I bring my vehicles out there....they don't HAVE to let me drive my car back there and they don't HAVE to let me stay and watch the work they're doing and double checking the oil they're putting in, etc...but they do, and I appreciate it...its a mutual respect thing and I'll let my dealership do work on my car as long as they continue to let me "hover"...if the time comes and they don't allow it, then yeah, I'll probably do it myself at that point. :noidea::D

2023_ZL1-AUTO 04-19-2024 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYTMARE23 (Post 11419521)
Not trying to be rude here, but sounds like your dealership sucks.:mad0259: I guess me having a 12+ year relationship with my dealership, knowing 3/4 of the employees there very well, they know my expectations and quite honestly cater to what I want when I bring my vehicles out there....they don't HAVE to let me drive my car back there and they don't HAVE to let me stay and watch the work they're doing and double checking the oil they're putting in, etc...but they do, and I appreciate it...its a mutual respect thing and I'll let my dealership do work on my car as long as they continue to let me "hover"...if the time comes and they don't allow it, then yeah, I'll probably do it myself at that point. :noidea::D

I agree... but yeah, this isn't my "dealership" I bought my car at a dealer that's 100 miles from my house. This was the local "best service department in Central Ohio Chevy Dealer! "

NYTMARE23 04-19-2024 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2023_ZL1-AUTO (Post 11419523)
I agree... but yeah, this isn't my "dealership" I bought my car at a dealer that's 100 miles from my house. This was the local "best service department in Central Ohio Chevy Dealer! "

Oh. I gotcha! I understand now why you feel like you do! :thumbup::happy0180:

Iconic 04-19-2024 02:37 PM

My cost of 10 quarts Mobil1 0W-40 and a Wix filter is $100 and I do it myself. I didn't even take it in for the initial free oil change.

Rock-It Man 04-19-2024 04:00 PM

I got my first oil change free, of course. The device manager was well aware of the correct oil to use, as well as the correct oil for the differential.

Any dealer can get the correct information based on the VIN. Also my dealer was prepared to lift my ZL1 correctly and safely.

I owned a 2010 SS for 13 years and did all my own oil changes (including declining the free ones), but you know what? I'm 71 years old now and I'm letting the dealer take over now on the ZL1.

I do understand the frustration of dealing with service "managers" who are uninformed. Been there, done that, but actually my Chevy dealer's competence is one of the reasons I own Chevy cars.

CalgaryZL1 04-19-2024 06:17 PM

My oil change cost me a piece of mind no matter the cost, because I do it myself. I know for a fact no monkey is playing the drum for pennies.

Vigilante375 04-20-2024 08:37 PM

If you can do it yourself, do it yourself.

Other than that, go buy the oil and filter yourself and take it to a place you want. It doesn't have to be a dealership, you can take it anywhere that someone can simply lift the car up, drain the oil, remove the oil and put on your filter and in your oil.

Dealerships are usually clueless when it comes to special vehicles like the ZL1 or Corvettes.

Kamero6 04-20-2024 10:39 PM

Around $300 with 10 qts of mobil 1 supercar.
They quoted me the $189 and when they asked what engine, then they came up with "supercar" and $300...

JoeCamaro444 04-21-2024 12:00 AM

Just got my annual oil change last week. I drive it less than 1K per year. It was either $125 or $130.