CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Mustang Mach E (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=588322)

Thrashed1LE 02-13-2021 06:29 AM

Mustang Mach E

Just saw a commercial for this car. That is not a Mustang! I would be furious if Chevrolet came out with a crossover electric Camaro. I'd rather let it die in its current form than to soldier on as an electric crossover. I don't care how fast it is, that is not a Mustang and should have been named something else. To me, it cheapens the iconic muscle car history as much as the old Mustang II did. Rant over...........

LT1ornothing 02-13-2021 06:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thrashed1LE (Post 10954940)
Just saw a commercial for this car. That is not a Mustang! I would be furious if Chevrolet came out with a crossover electric Camaro. I'd rather let it die in its current form than to soldier on as an electric crossover. I don't care how fast it is, that is not a Mustang and should have been named something else. To me, it cheapens the iconic muscle car history as much as the old Mustang II did. Rant over...........

Welp, get ready to be furious...

pyroguy 02-13-2021 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1LEornothing (Post 10954946)
Welp, get ready to be furious...

:word: It'll be a sad day, but I'm sure it's coming.

I still like my idea of the Chevrolet Panther for an electric version of the Camaro. Have a nice muscle CAR that's EV and tag it with the slogan, "A new kind of muscle for a new kind of muscle car."

Thrashed1LE 02-13-2021 08:00 AM

I'm cool with an electric Camaro. I love driving the electric go karts we have here. Very entertaining with massive torque. I just don't want to see it as a crossover.

FarmerFran 02-13-2021 08:12 AM

I remember people bitching and whining about the Charger.

Pupilbone 02-13-2021 08:42 AM

They knew this thing would be a stretch from the beginning, which is why I think they slapped the Horsey on it. Hell... by the amount of Mustang’s I see around my area Ford must sell one per hour.

Couldn’t agree more with the statement that it waters down muscle car history. (Mustang II lol).

nancygrl 02-13-2021 08:47 AM

Yep, NOT a Mustang; never will be ************** PERIOD. End of story.

Ferociter 02-13-2021 10:18 AM

Yeah - so this happened to me at Sebring International Raceway in January. That Mach E was on track. I am a novice driver and the first time in my SS1LE, so I'm not trying to do anything but show the Mach E.

https://youtu.be/TdnAuhTCInE

JBinSD 02-13-2021 10:28 AM

I saw one in person yesterday on the road, I think they look great.

Number 3 02-13-2021 10:33 AM

My guess is they are toying with making Mustang a brand not just a model. Same with Bronco.

GM has on and off toyed with doing that with Corvette.

It's all about the $$$

Norm Peterson 02-13-2021 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thrashed1LE (Post 10954940)
Just saw a commercial for this car. That is not a Mustang! I would be furious if Chevrolet came out with a crossover electric Camaro. I'd rather let it die in its current form than to soldier on as an electric crossover. I don't care how fast it is, that is not a Mustang and should have been named something else.

Most real-Mustang owners agree.

The bigger problem is that hanging the Mustang name on this E thing apparently came from Jim Farley, who as you may know was moved up to CEO last fall upon Jim Hackett's departure . . .

Quote:

To me, it cheapens the iconic muscle car history worse than the old Mustang II did. Rant over...........
Fixed. The Mustang II eventually got a V8.

Norm

90503 02-13-2021 10:50 AM

Ford knows they are poaching the Mustang name this new CUV, SUV, Crossover, or whatever it is...It is no more a Mustang than the man in the moon, and they know it.

CUV's and SUVs are what sells...and they didn't want to build something running the risk of being just lost in the crowd. Smart move for marketing and publicity calling it a Mustang, but it is anything but a Mustang.

I think it does preview what will become of the Camaro. If the Mach E is a success, you bet GM will do the same with the Camaro.