CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   6th gen Camaro 1LE (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=296)
-   -   1LE 6th gen Camaro to debut in Chicago? (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=438061)

HuJass 01-27-2016 12:06 PM

1LE 6th gen Camaro to debut in Chicago?

Spy video in case you missed it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXB1FHJyjQs

Left Lane News is reporting that the 6th gen 1LE will debut in Chicago this year.

http://www.leftlanenews.com/chevy-to...ago-90852.html

Chevrolet has announced that it will introduce two new vehicles at the upcoming Chicago auto show. The Chicago unveilings will follow closely on the heels of the production debuts of the Chevy Bolt and Cruze Hatch, both of which bowed at the 2016 Detroit auto show.

First up will be a mid-cycle refresh for the Trax compact crossover. Introduced just 13 months ago, the Trax's 2017 update is expected to be relatively minor, with just slight revisions to the CUV's exterior and interior styling.

Chevrolet will also travel to the Windy City with a new 1LE performance package for its all-new Camaro. Set to become available for the 2017 model year, Chevy hasn't dished out the details on its latest 1LE pack, but last year's version included 20-inch wheels, sticky Goodyear Eagle tires, a performance suspension, a unique rear spoiler and a flat bottom steering wheel. The 1LE package should add about $3,500 to the Camaro SS' bottom line.

Although not a new model line, Chevy will also show off its latest Midnight Edition package for its Colorado, Silverado and Silverado HD pickup trucks in Chicago.

The Chicago auto show will kick off on February 11.

Bhobbs 01-27-2016 12:07 PM

I hope so. I guess we will find out in 15 days.

Eric SS 01-27-2016 12:19 PM

I would love to know their source so that I can put a % on how believable this is. I was thinking the next big Camaro reveal would be at New York but I'll definitely be anxiously awaiting the Chicago show now.

The only problem is if they introduce a 1LE for 2017, I'll have to wait even longer to buy!

SuperSound 01-27-2016 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric SS (Post 8866723)

The only problem is if they introduce a 1LE for 2017, I'll have to wait even longer to buy!

You know that's probably what is going to happen.

Karma81 01-27-2016 12:38 PM

Quote:

I would love to know their source so that I can put a % on how believable this is. I was thinking the next big Camaro reveal would be at New York but I'll definitely be anxiously awaiting the Chicago show now.

Im just hoping they do make it available for 17, I was afraid they wouldnt do anything until the 18 model year...or never!!

SS 1LE 01-27-2016 01:24 PM

PLEASE be true.

Plus let us remember that the 1LE isn't a "big model debut". It's an option package on the SS. The next Zxx will be the big reveal.

MrImSoFly 01-27-2016 01:30 PM

If its true I'll be there front and center.

Imp 01-27-2016 01:36 PM

Quote:

If they do, I will wait. I wasn't expecting them to announce anything until the summer.. but if they do say that a 2017 1LE will be available for order in the summer for fall delivery... yowza. I can wait 15 days to order. :wub:

--kC

suzook 01-27-2016 01:43 PM

Whats the big draw to the 1LE??? I guess everyone is tracking their car?

CapeCruisin 01-27-2016 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzook (Post 8866871)

its just a performance package. makes the car more fun to drive and look at.

5th gen 1le:
greatly improved suspension
upgraded gear ratios
upgraded wheels and tires
added front splitter
distinct appearance

SSport16 01-27-2016 02:19 PM

Quote:

Yeah I am not a fan, just really a tire and suspension update, or at least that was the package for the 5th gen.

Memphis43 01-27-2016 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SSport16 (Post 8866944)
Yeah I am not a fan, just really a tire and suspension update, or at least that was the package for the 5th gen.

Gear ratio was the biggest thing. Maybe they do a brake upgrade?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Karma81 01-27-2016 02:25 PM

Quote:

For me its the look mostly, Red calipers, The wider Tire/Wheel combo gives the car a much meaner stance. Shifter, steering wheel feel etc. I dont like the rear spoiler on the SS , (Just my opinion! Dont everyone freak out on me) So hopefully they offer a blade splitter for the 1LE as well....No I dont track my cars, I race motocross and baby my cars!

Imp 01-27-2016 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CapeCruisin (Post 8866906)
its just a performance package. makes the car more fun to drive and look at.

5th gen 1le:
greatly improved suspension
upgraded gear ratios
upgraded wheels and tires
added front splitter
distinct appearance

I do SCCA National Autox Events.

One of the rules for the base level of prep "Street" only allows limited aftermarket modifications (shocks-not springs, one swaybar change, wheel diameter-not width, and a few other things). If you could get other things as OEM, like bigger wheels, suspension, aero, even gearing? then they get allowed. :)

Many of the LPO options available on the SS (other than the same sized OEM wheels) are not allowed in the base "Street" class. Individual things like the front lip, switching from the wing to the spoiler, ground effects kit, etc... would bump you to a higher level of prep. Almost everything dealer installed is not allowed and would bump you.

But being able to order the 1LE package and have it installed via the factory - would be legal for the class. (If the 1LE stays in the same class as the SS)

Hope that helps. It's more than just looks and minor upgrades... it's upgrades that give it just enough of an edge to "win". :)

--kC