CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=155)
-   -   Thanks You Dealer For This Mess (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=587081)

Ajs16400 01-15-2021 11:19 AM

Thanks You Dealer For This Mess

5 Attachment(s)
So i take my car into the dealer to have the broken air inlet door fixed and of course the dash has to come out. Told tje dealer i was very picky on pry marks and scratches in the plastics and agreed to be careful. Well surprise surprise damaged. Told by the dealer they would have their interior guy fix it. It looked better but just coated with something that looked like a bad armor all job. Went to wipe the dash down with a damp rag and this happened.

First pictures are the damage the others is the coating coming off.

craigss50 01-15-2021 11:23 AM

Oh damn. That is terrible. They should not have even given the car back to you like that.

legendary70 01-15-2021 11:30 AM

messed up.

Ajs16400 01-15-2021 11:43 AM

Tell me, hoping they step up and replace the two panels. The last email i got from said bring it back and will have tje interior guy see of he can fix it. I told them they need to be replaced and waiting for a response. Got gm involved but was told.they can talk to the dealer but cannot make them do anything. Cant believe they caused a customer service issue like this all over $300 for the two panels.

Joshinator99 01-15-2021 12:16 PM

GM dealers continue to be the weakest link...by far.

Brought my car in for a 1000 mile oil change, trans flush, and diff fluid change. Tech blasted so much trans fluid on the undercarriage it smoked for 2 hours straight. I had to pay a tech from Jiffy Lube to wipe the trans & crossmember down since I was away from home.

Then brought it in for a headlight change out under warranty (the LEDs in the headlight died). Tech proceeded to get grease all over my ceramic white seats and door bolsters.

I’m sure you guys have plenty of stories too...

Azerlazer26 01-15-2021 12:44 PM

I don’t even bother with Chevy dealers anymore. I have posted all my dealer experiences in a prior thread if you’d like to see the headaches I had to go through. Nonetheless, I’m thinking of having my car serviced at Cadillac or a indi-mechanic that specializes in GM performance vehicles

Chutzpah 01-15-2021 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Azerlazer26 (Post 10937550)
I don’t even bother with Chevy dealers anymore. I have posted all my dealer experiences in a prior thread if you’d like to see the headaches I had to go through. Nonetheless, I’m thinking of having my car serviced at Cadillac or a indi-mechanic that specializes in GM performance vehicles

Right on brother, I’m stunned by the lack of care for others property when brought to the typical Chevy dealer. I know there good ones out there (somewhere) I just haven’t run into one yet.

If and when I do have to go to the dealer, I’ll have seat and steering wheel cover(s) on, at a minimum.

spitz 01-15-2021 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Azerlazer26 (Post 10937550)

Just yesterday I had one of those follow up calls from the dealer. By the time I was done the little girl on the phone probably quit her job. I told her all my service work will be done at cadillac from now on. my wife has her cadillac go there and the service is outstanding. It can't compare to chevy.

Ajs16400 01-15-2021 02:37 PM

Well i am 0 for 2 with my local dealers and their interior guys. 1st one shortly after buying noticed the seat was pulling away from the back seat entry knob and instead of the pin thw manufacture said to use thet put stapes in them and was visual for all to see and not hidden under the cover and now this with the next closest dealer and insured me they did not us the say person when asked to fix the dash with him.

zaimer 01-15-2021 02:42 PM

Wow, what a mess. However, I can't say that I'm surprised. I would've denied the suggestion of trying to fix it; that simply isn't going to happen. Panels need to be replaced, end of story.

The latest experience with our local Chevy dealer was the last oil change on my Q50RS (nearest Infiniti is over 2 hours away). I typically took it in for maintenance items as I didn't have the setup to do it, and it also supports our local businesses. I picked it up and it had grease/oil on the inside of the door, steering wheel, center console, etc. Now, I can somewhat understand a tiny spot or two but that is absolutely ridiculous. This was a $60K sedan that had 6K miles on it. I also keep my cars quite clean (much cleaner than average). I have since purchased everything I need plus some; my vehicles will never see another shop unless it is unavoidable.

DC5 01-15-2021 03:02 PM

Those photographs make me sick. I know we all love our vehicles but, at some point, you have to say enough is enough. GM's poor quality control and incompetent dealership service network have me seriously contemplating selling my Camaro, even though it's been a great vehicle with no required trips to the dealership. I suppose I'm just tired of supporting a company that generally builds crap and generally doesn't give a crap about its customers.

Ajs16400 01-15-2021 03:15 PM

It was a hard choice to come back to gm with my last pontiac i bought brand new and was in and out of the dealer on a regular basis. Since then we have bought 4 kia/hyundais and only 4 trips to the dealer. Decide to get the camaro and here we go again.

ScatPack 01-15-2021 04:22 PM

Let me throw my story in. BRAND NEW 2017 1LE I got from my dealer. They offered free car washes and oil changes for life with new cars. And they did a fantastic job at delivery with my 1LE making it look perfect with the tireshine and all that. I figured I would be getting a new car delivery look everytime they washed it... Yeah I was wrong. First free car wash at 100 miles the next weekend after I bought it. They managed to scratch it from end to end on the passenger side. Like it was keyed. I lost it. They spent two days getting it buffed out and it looked great at pickup.

Learned my lesson you say?? Nope not me. Went back for that first free oil change a few months later and TOLD THEM NOT to wash it. Well they did anyway. And wouldnt you know it. THEY SCRATCHED IT FROM END TO END AGAIN. Almost the same exact way. I mean almost to the line. They swore up and down this time it was not them and it was hand washed. Well we went to the tape, and it was indeed washed in their automated wash bay machine. And sure enough there was a big ****ing rock in the wash mitt part of the machine in that exact place.

They probably destroyed several hundred cars with that machine over the course of who knows how long.

They once again buffed it out to my amazment. I thought it would go through the clear, but nope it was ok. I couldnt believe my luck with that car. Got rearended a few months later and ended up trading out of it.

Joshinator99 01-15-2021 05:06 PM

That Cadillac service idea is interesting. I might give that a try sometime.