CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   Europe (Continental) (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=305)
-   -   What did you do to your EU 6g Camaro today (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=554936)

MakCamaro 05-23-2019 11:54 AM

What did you do to your EU 6g Camaro today

I created this thread so that owners of the 6g Camaro in Europe can engage in a discussion about mods, suppliers of parts, exchange of opinions, events, post photos, ask questions, etc. I recently sold my Mustang EcoBoost and we had a similar thread at the M6G forums that was very active and actually very useful for everyone.

I am collecting my automatic, mosaic black 2018 SS in London on May 28th. I will post pictures and video clips as soon as I get it!

Lets keep this thread alive!

mrgoodbytes 05-25-2019 03:37 PM

Great initiative! There are a lot of European members on the forum.

Congratulations with your new Camaro, I'm sure you are going to be very happy with it. I remember when I got my 2018 in August last year, I had to wait 3 days after signing the papers. It is was unbearable. They were like; "maybe we will have it ready for you on Friday, otherwise Monday". Collected in Friday before a big US car meet in Denmark that I attended (I am Danish btw).

I'm really looking forward to see the pictures and hear your first impressions after collecting it. People definitely look twice when they see the new Camaro. In Europe I feel like the car is kind of an exotic car, maybe like an Italian sports car would be in the US. Btw. is your new car RHD or LHD?

To keep the thread on topic;

Today I washed my 2018 SS M6 and took it for a drive. Reached 9400 km.

emme10 05-26-2019 02:33 AM

Congratulations. This car is an absolut beast and its an exotic around here. Everyone is looking. I live in the mountains of Northern Italy and there are zero to none supercars or exotics except my Camaro.

Today I hit 2000 km and some days ago I pulled fuse 51.

I would recommend this new soundexperience to everyone..especially in tunnels ;)

mrgoodbytes 05-26-2019 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by emme10 (Post 10527933)
Congratulations. This car is an absolut beast and its an exotic around here. Everyone is looking. I live in the mountains of Northern Italy and there are zero to none supercars or exotics except my Camaro.

I would recommend this new soundexperience to everyone..especially in tunnels ;)

Definitely recommend removing fuse 51 as well! :clap2:

MakCamaro 05-26-2019 09:01 AM

By the way I am from Greece and I moved to London. I definitely look forward to getting the car. This is an LHD, I don't think Chevrolet produces RHD Camaros.

As a previous owner of a Mustang, I will have the opportunity to compare my new Camaro SS directly with it. I have only heard positive feedback so far.

Also, I am newbie to Camaro! What is fuse 51?

emme10 05-26-2019 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MakCamaro (Post 10528053)

Also, I am newbie to Camaro! What is fuse 51?

It is for the NPP. Pulling it will give you the good sound of the exhaust all the time without closing the valves.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tnHhMYLpqQ

MakCamaro 05-26-2019 11:03 AM

The first thing that I will do! Lol!

MakCamaro 05-26-2019 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrgoodbytes (Post 10527590)
Great initiative! There are a lot of European members on the forum.

Congratulations with your new Camaro, I'm sure you are going to be very happy with it. I remember when I got my 2018 in August last year, I had to wait 3 days after signing the papers. It is was unbearable. They were like; "maybe we will have it ready for you on Friday, otherwise Monday". Collected in Friday before a big US car meet in Denmark that I attended (I am Danish btw).

I'm really looking forward to see the pictures and hear your first impressions after collecting it. People definitely look twice when they see the new Camaro. In Europe I feel like the car is kind of an exotic car, maybe like an Italian sports car would be in the US. Btw. is your new car RHD or LHD?

To keep the thread on topic;

Today I washed my 2018 SS M6 and took it for a drive. Reached 9400 km.

Quote:

Originally Posted by emme10 (Post 10527933)

Thank you both. I am sure that I will absolutely love the car!

emme10 05-28-2019 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MakCamaro (Post 10528162)
I am sure that I will absolutely love the car!

How was your first experience with your car today ? :pop2:

MakCamaro 05-29-2019 02:12 AM

I will compare it directly to the Mustang, as I sold it a couple of weeks ago. There is only one word to describe it: stunning! First it drives in a straight line, it gives you more confidence. The car feels well planted to the ground. It has more extras and the quality inside out is better. It feels like a much more expensive quality car. Driving for more than 7 consecutive hours in the UK, from London up north, I found the heads-up display extremely useful.

And the sound... Oh that heavenly sound! I keep the exhaust on track mode all the time. I just didn't want to listen to the music at all. Haven't pulled the fuse #51 yet.

And there are just a few, if any, in the UK, so it is one of a kind and definitely a head turner. People were driving next to me just to look at the car.

Overall, it's an amazing car and I am glad I bought it. Chevy has done a great job and I wonder why they haven't sold a lot of Camaros in Europe. I will say it in one phrase for people to read: the car is definitely better than the Mustang.

Gary H 05-29-2019 04:04 AM

Good to hear Mak. I'm days away from my dream ZL1 being put on a boat :)

MakCamaro 05-29-2019 06:48 AM

Good to hear Gary. We should meet. There is another guy with a black Camaro in London. We can take them to the track and have some fun! This car is seriously underestimated!

mrgoodbytes 05-29-2019 07:42 AM

:needpics:

MakCamaro 05-29-2019 09:38 AM

Lets start posting photos then! I am up north with my Camaro (man, I love to say that!). I don't have my laptop and I cannot resize the photos for them to be posted here. Will do it as soon as I return in a few days! Bear with me!