CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=297)
-   -   Maryland speed never again (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=524637)

jasonward1978 03-29-2018 05:04 PM

Maryland speed never again

so my wife decided to order me full exhaust for my camaro for my 40th birthday back in january.. she odered me the kooks headers and borla exhaust package from maryland speed and here it is almost april and still no part shipped to my house.. when parts was ordered i was told that i would have them by the end of january and at that time i started to email them asking for eta when i could expect my order.. every week it was the same answer that they would check but should be shipped the following week.. each passing week and still no parts and just kept saying that they would check and it should be next week.. finally on feb 23 i got an answer that they had shipped from kooks.. well again here we are almost april and still no parts.. now keep in mind my credit card was charged on january 2nd.. so today i decided to call Kooks and see if they could help me since its now been 3 days and no answer via email or a call back after they said they would. so my call with kooks was interesting and i explained that i had placed an order with one of there vendors in january and still not recieved my order.. the lady on the phone instantly said that it was maryland speed and brandon.. this made me curious and i asked how she knew that and she informed me that they are no longer allowed to buy parts from them and have not placed an order since october due to a legal dispute.. so my question is now what do i do.. i asked for a refund multiple times and of course never got it and if i dispute with my credit card company will take 6-8 weeks and i actually have an event that im going to next month and was looking to have that on my car for that.. i would like to thank maryland speed and brandon for making my wifes sweet gesture for my 40th bday a complete and total nightmare.. i was hoping not to do this but im on the verge of contacting my lawyer friend.. im sure it would cost me more but its just the principle of the thing.. any help would be great

ninetres 03-29-2018 05:26 PM

Cut your losses. Complete a CC chargeback and cut you losses. Order elsewhere ASAP.

JoshuaHyperblue2ss 03-29-2018 05:26 PM

Hopefully you used your CC you have enough evidence to have your CC company dispute and reverse charges 1 u have no product that is always a auto win with a cc company dispute. So I pray you were smart and used a CC and not bank draft through paypal.

Chutzpah 03-29-2018 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jasonward1978 (Post 10126919)
so my wife decided to order me full exhaust for my camaro for my 40th birthday back in january.. she odered me the kooks headers and borla exhaust package from maryland speed and here it is almost april and still no part shipped to my house.. when parts was ordered i was told that i would have them by the end of january and at that time i started to email them asking for eta when i could expect my order.. every week it was the same answer that they would check but should be shipped the following week.. each passing week and still no parts and just kept saying that they would check and it should be next week.. finally on feb 23 i got an answer that they had shipped from kooks.. well again here we are almost april and still no parts.. now keep in mind my credit card was charged on january 2nd.. so today i decided to call Kooks and see if they could help me since its now been 3 days and no answer via email or a call back after they said they would. so my call with kooks was interesting and i explained that i had placed an order with one of there vendors in january and still not recieved my order.. the lady on the phone instantly said that it was maryland speed and brandon.. this made me curious and i asked how she knew that and she informed me that they are no longer allowed to buy parts from them and have not placed an order since october due to a legal dispute.. so my question is now what do i do.. i asked for a refund multiple times and of course never got it and if i dispute with my credit card company will take 6-8 weeks and i actually have an event that im going to next month and was looking to have that on my car for that.. i would like to thank maryland speed and brandon for making my wifes sweet gesture for my 40th bday a complete and total nightmare.. i was hoping not to do this but im on the verge of contacting my lawyer friend.. im sure it would cost me more but its just the principle of the thing.. any help would be great

Your wife is keeper, seriously that was really nice of her. If it were me, I would have disputed the charges long ago. But, I guess that’s water under the bridge at this point.

I’d dispute the charges today and buy your parts from a reputable company using the same card, today. You’ll want to share your plan with the credit card company, before you make the purchase. I’m not quite certain why it would take 6-8 weeks for a dispute to be resolved. I’ve been credited within days of showing proof that the vendor didn’t provide the service I paid for. You have emails, I would assume that would be good enough....also wouldn’t waste your time, energy or $$ trying to sue him. Move on and just keep spreading the word, as others on this site have, DON’T BUY AT MARYLAND SPEED.

jasonward1978 03-29-2018 05:47 PM

yes i used my credit card and charge back has been entered.. now where would you recommend getting a good exhaust at.. i would like headers xpipe the whole works..

fastball 03-29-2018 06:11 PM

My head hurts after trying to get through two lines of that run on lump of incoherent garbled mess of a never ending paragraph..... how did you guys get through reading all that?

Arugon 03-29-2018 06:38 PM

Sounds alot like 6LE Designs! Another company that pulls the same Bull-Sh.

Call your CC Company and file a dispute. Depending on the CC Company they may credit you the money immediately like Chase did for me.

F1FTY 03-29-2018 06:41 PM

RDP store is pretty good and can get you the kooks for a good price.

Nsxmatt 03-29-2018 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fastball (Post 10127013)
My head hurts after trying to get through two lines of that run on lump of incoherent garbled mess of a never ending paragraph..... how did you guys get through reading all that?

Hope you made it to the store before you bled through your underwear man. I know this time of the month is brutal.

glenB 03-29-2018 07:38 PM

You're 40 y/o?

fastball 03-29-2018 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nsxmatt (Post 10127056)
Hope you made it to the store before you bled through your underwear man. I know this time of the month is brutal.

Better to keep your mouth shut and let people think you're an ass hole than open your mouth and remove all doubt.

SJFGTO 03-29-2018 07:50 PM

Wow. I just ordered Kooks LTs, catless mids etc from Maryland Speed. Never had a problem with them before. But, if they are no longer doing business with Kooks, why did they take my order? I am making a few calls tomorrow. If they took my order and charged my card (already charged to my card) with no present ability to provide the items I have been charged for, that is theft. Would not be pretty.

warren3537 03-29-2018 08:19 PM

I had an issue with Maryland speed, I had ordered the BMR strut tower brace and the drive line tunnel brace and I had no idea how they would act, I mean the price was right so I ordered them, well it took me 2 months and a lot of emails as well as talking with a rep at BMR to get my stuff, that is one place I will stay away from, they take your money and in turn you don't get what you ordered for a long time, I feel lucky that I finally got what I had ordered but what they did id not right, I am still surprised that they are still in business.

Chevyman2 03-29-2018 09:39 PM

Maryland speed has problems in many forums same issue little pyramid type scheme. Take many people’s money then once they have enough orders to buy in bulk from somewhere other than supplier they deliver 6-8 months later.