CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   I4 Turbo LTG Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=234)
-   -   Trifecta (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=476514)

DarkFangz1100 12-09-2016 01:07 AM

Trifecta

Has anybody done a Trifecta Tune? Whether it be Advantage, Advantage+, or Elite?

Adp2017 12-09-2016 08:30 AM

I will be doing the trifecta tune in the spring. I had them tune my old Cobalt SS and they were great to work with and the tune was super easy to install. I want to get the Elite just for the greatest performance. Installing a CAI, dp and catback will be my first move before tuning however.

I do see you have the 2016 which I have read is easier to tune. The 2017 models apparently have some sort of firewall in the computer that needs to be hacked on a car by car basis which adds lead time to Trifecta being able to tune the 2017's.

Evil-Bee-NH 12-09-2016 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adp2017 (Post 9446478)
I will be doing the trifecta tune in the spring. I had them tune my old Cobalt SS and they were great to work with and the tune was super easy to install. I want to get the Elite just for the greatest performance. Installing a CAI, dp and catback will be my first move before tuning however.

I do see you have the 2016 which I have read is easier to tune. The 2017 models apparently have some sort of firewall in the computer that needs to be hacked on a car by car basis which adds lead time to Trifecta being able to tune the 2017's.

Vince can do the 2017 it will just take longer you need to do an Infolog at a dyno to pull the PIN that allows access to the ECM for tuning. GM's way of seeing if you voided your warranty or not I spose.

Adp2017 12-09-2016 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil-Bee-NH (Post 9446606)
Vince can do the 2017 it will just take longer you need to do an Infolog at a dyno to pull the PIN that allows access to the ECM for tuning. GM's way of seeing if you voided your warranty or not I spose.

The tune is transparent still tho isn't it?

Evil-Bee-NH 12-09-2016 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adp2017 (Post 9446887)
The tune is transparent still tho isn't it?

Everything is there is no hidden tune despite what some tuners will claim. The 2017 just basically let's GM know you tuned the car lol.

Jason@JacFab 12-09-2016 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil-Bee-NH (Post 9447010)
Everything is there is no hidden tune despite what some tuners will claim. The 2017 just basically let's GM know you tuned the car lol.

GM will know if it's tuned as soon as it's plugged in at the dealer, whether or not they actually care at the time your car is in for service depends on why you're in there. If you have an engine failure, they WILL look at the tune, and they WILL see it.

DarkFangz1100 12-12-2016 01:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adp2017 (Post 9446478)

I plan on getting the Elite as well simply because they put the little claim stating "The TRIFECTA Elite Calibration offers premium tier-1 support. With this product, customers can request specific calibration changes and support for third party hardware. Remote-tuning services are offered with this tier."

Adp2017 12-12-2016 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkFangz1100 (Post 9450766)
I plan on getting the Elite as well simply because they put the little claim stating "The TRIFECTA Elite Calibration offers premium tier-1 support. With this product, customers can request specific calibration changes and support for third party hardware. Remote-tuning services are offered with this tier."

Another selling point I did not know of. Thankyou

DarkFangz1100 12-13-2016 04:25 AM

That's why I was wondering if anybody has used them previously to see what kind of third party items they have had experience with.

Evil-Bee-NH 12-13-2016 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkFangz1100 (Post 9452490)
That's why I was wondering if anybody has used them previously to see what kind of third party items they have had experience with.

Trifecta has vast experience and a shaky reputation on the 5th Gen V6 platform. They've made big changes in that department according to them and if they truly live up to the tier-1 experience i'll be on their side 100% again. But as for their experience I have no doubt they do know what they are doing.

cellsafemode 12-13-2016 10:26 AM

I have a trifecta tune on my V6 2016 camaro. The entire experience went smooth and it was all very easy to complete.

you get a ECM and a TCM calibration (tune). The entire process will take you around half an hour. Afterwards your car will probably run weird while it re-learns everything. I would drive around for a day or two before really judging how the tune is behaving.

On your turbo cars it should be really obvious. The V6 doesn't leave as much power on the table so it's more subtle but still noticeable.

edit: they have an option to flash with their shadow/transparent feature to not trigger the flash counter. I'm not sure as to the efficacy of this as I have not brought my car to the dealer since nor do I have any contacts in a service dept to check if they can detect it. So if that's a concern for you, you'll have to wait until someone else can chime in with definitive proof either way.

X24amd 01-15-2022 03:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cellsafemode (Post 9452882)
I have a trifecta tune on my V6 2016 camaro. The entire experience went smooth and it was all very easy to complete.

you get a ECM and a TCM calibration (tune). The entire process will take you around half an hour. Afterwards your car will probably run weird while it re-learns everything. I would drive around for a day or two before really judging how the tune is behaving.

On your turbo cars it should be really obvious. The V6 doesn't leave as much power on the table so it's more subtle but still noticeable.

edit: they have an option to flash with their shadow/transparent feature to not trigger the flash counter. I'm not sure as to the efficacy of this as I have not brought my car to the dealer since nor do I have any contacts in a service dept to check if they can detect it. So if that's a concern for you, you'll have to wait until someone else can chime in with definitive proof either way.

Hey man I just ordered one for my 17 auto, do you have to ask for the transmission tune seperately or does it come with both? Thanks

Davescamaro 01-15-2022 09:36 AM

You need both ecm and tcm for auto trans. The elite package is for if you have bolt ons and upgrades. I love mine, it's not a burple or exhaust popping, but I did notice smoother pulls and more torque than anything.