CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=155)
-   -   Not happy at all... (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=522935)

ChevyCav 03-11-2018 10:28 AM

Not happy at all...

So last night some douchebag decides to J-walk forcing me to slam on my brakes...okay whatever cool. However my buddy in the passenger seat proceeds to roll down the window as I start to drive away and screams "F*** you P***Y!" This dude in retaliation decides to scream back and approach my car and kicks it causing a dent above the passenger side wheel well. My buddy decides to pretty much almost get completely out the car to fight this guy but being that I was in Atlantic City, I have a state Job and can't afford to be arrested ever, I sped off and just filed a police report, for which they probably will never catch the guy even with thousands of cameras placed around the city.

In hindsight, I wish we got out the car because it disgusts me that someone can completely disrespect someone else's property especially when I was just the driver and did not say/do anything aka teaching that guy a lesson on respect. My buddy felt really bad and said he'll pay for the damages, I told it its all good man it could've been worse we could be arrested or who knows what kind of man that person was and could've had a concealed weapon or whatever. My question to the Camaro6 members is if I file a claim on my insurance ($500 deductible) would my rates go up? Like it wasn't my fault whatsoever...this dude literally vandalized my car. Also here are some attached pictures...if I don't file a claim how much would the estimated damage be? I think I did the right thing keeping a leveled head and just calling the police.

ChevyCav 03-11-2018 10:30 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Heres the picture...clearly see the boot mark

Glen e 03-11-2018 10:31 AM

dont file with your insurance and let your buddy pay for it. he's an idiot for getting involved....
find a new friend.....

jaysonstuart 03-11-2018 10:33 AM

All I see is the foot print. I can't see any dent.

(edit) Oh now I see it, yeah as Glen said your buddy is an idiot. He should be paying for the damage IMO.

CRF8 03-11-2018 10:38 AM

Agree, buddy needs to pay

2017 Camaro 2SS

keon718nyc 03-11-2018 10:42 AM

You did the right thing by driving away. It could have been ugly from either side if you would have stayed and got out. As others said, don't do the insurance claim have your buddy pay out of pocket as the F*ck you part was his mistake that led to a asshole kicking your car. Personally i would have lost my mind and been in jail already...

ChevyCav 03-11-2018 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keon718nyc (Post 10104334)
You did the right thing by driving away. It could have been ugly from either side if you would have stayed and got out. As others said, don't do the insurance claim have your buddy pay out of pocket as the F*ck you part was his mistake that led to a asshole kicking your car. Personally i would have lost my mind and been in jail already...

Lol Bro like I said in hindsight after seeing the actual dent I was a fired up.

ChevyCav 03-11-2018 10:47 AM

Also, I don't want it to break his bank obviously he's still my boy, why shouldn't I file with insurance? I'm hoping my rates would not go up being that I had no part in this situation. Also I figure it'll cost more than the $500 deductible... whats the estimated damages?

Also to add onto this does anyone know of any good collision shops in NJ? South jersey, Galloway area!

Soleil 03-11-2018 11:07 AM

What a prick. There are a lot of idiots out there. Try dend Dr. smart repair.

jimmypop13 03-11-2018 11:10 AM

Pay out of pocket or have your friend pay. He caused the whole thing acting like an idiot

ChevyCav 03-11-2018 11:13 AM

I did a little research, I guess this would fall under my comprehensive insurance...costs $0 deductible. Should I still do out of pocket (make him pay anyways)?

keon718nyc 03-11-2018 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChevyCav (Post 10104344)
Also, I don't want it to break his bank obviously he's still my boy, why shouldn't I file with insurance? I'm hoping my rates would not go up being that I had no part in this situation. Also I figure it'll cost more than the $500 deductible... whats the estimated damages?

Also to add onto this does anyone know of any good collision shops in NJ? South jersey, Galloway area!

I had a guy hit my BMW from the back and claim he didnt hit it when the cops came. I went through my insurance to have it fixed and regardless who caused my insurance went up. If the damage is not far over the $500-$800 mark which it may not be then i would go about looking to fix it yourself IMO. Next time i will do the same. All insurance companies have different policy's so i would inquire with yours before making any decisions as i don't think it could hurt.

4door65guy 03-11-2018 11:24 AM

That’s a tough situation I’ve definitely had similar experiences but never had anyone hurt my car! I’d probably have my friend pay for it if it hurt my insurance rates it’s his fault after all.

motorhead 03-11-2018 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glen e (Post 10104315)
dont file with your insurance and let your buddy pay for it. he's an idiot for getting involved....
find a new friend.....

:word: no need to say anymore. This x100.