CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   Forced Induction Discussions (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=236)
-   -   LT4 blower on lt1 Camaro (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=572228)

714camaro 03-21-2020 02:24 PM

LT4 blower on lt1 Camaro

I just picked up an LT4 blower off a zl1 and don’t have any supporting parts.
I know this topic has been discussed before but I’m a little confused on handling the pcv.

I’m aware that i will need these parts complete and run the supercharger on my stock Camaro:

1 adapter plates and bolts
2. Heat exchanger
3. Intercooler pump
4. All pulleys w/bracket and balancer
5. Belt
6. LT4 valley cover w/ extension pipe from lsa conversion store.
7. I also plan on doing LT4 injectors and fuel pump.

I need help confirming and figuring out what parts i need to get this supercharger up and running. All help Is appreciated!

Tim M 03-21-2020 03:19 PM

I just did the conversion...see my thread.

Recommend going with ADM (or WeaponX?) kit without the supercharger - it is what I did. It has many parts that are not obvious.

PCV: what is your question? Switching to the LT4 valley makes it LT4 OEM - same as mine. 300 (s)miles so far!

Davispaintandbody 03-25-2020 07:50 AM

whats the link ?

DorkMissile 03-26-2020 06:43 AM

Look - I am not picking on anyone's build here, but unless you got the 1.7 blower for next to nothing, by the time you buy all the other components, are you really spending less money than a Whipple or Maggie?

There is a reason these people take them off the LT4s

KingLT1 03-26-2020 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DorkMissile (Post 10753434)
Look - I am not picking on anyone's build here, but unless you got the 1.7 blower for next to nothing, by the time you buy all the other components, are you really spending less money than a Whipple or Maggie?

There is a reason these people take them off the LT4s

I haven't looked up pricing in a while but WeaponX use to sell the LT4 kit for 4500.00 that included everything.

To be fair the LT4 is a little bit different. For one it already has a better fuel system. It's also lower compression and has better piston's. It does however require more boost to reach X power compared to the LT1. The LT1 will make LT4 power with a couple less lbs of boost because of the compression difference. Not spinning the little 1.7 as hard equals better efficiency. So for somebody just wanting a low boost setup it's not a bad deal. I do agree 100% that if you plan on pushing the setup later then just start with a bigger supercharger.

DorkMissile 03-26-2020 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingLT1 (Post 10753498)
I haven't looked up pricing in a while but WeaponX use to sell the LT4 kit for 4500.00 that included everything.

To be fair the LT4 is a little bit different. For one it already has a better fuel system. It's also lower compression and has better piston's. It does however require more boost to reach X power compared to the LT1. The LT1 will make LT4 power with a couple less lbs of boost because of the compression difference. Not spinning the little 1.7 as hard equals better efficiency. So for somebody just wanting a low boost setup it's not a bad deal. I do agree 100% that if you plan on pushing the setup later then just start with a bigger supercharger.

As of today the pricing for the kit with the fuel components is $5k.

I mean for that money you are so close to a much more efficient setup. I know this option is cheaper, but at certain times of year you can reach the price of the Maggie or Whipple with the throw of a stone from $5k

I think my ECS kit (Novi 1500) with the all black powder coat was like $5700 on Black Friday

KingLT1 03-26-2020 02:20 PM

I agree. I bought my Whipple kit new off a guy for 5500.00 and ended up around 5k after I sold the HPtuners that came with it since I already had it... so yes deals can be had for sure if you shop around.

camaro717 05-05-2020 04:12 PM

if i doing the lt4 to lt1 conversion do i need to change my fuel lines or will the factory lines on a 2017 ss work also do i need to change my fuel line booster hoses, purge lines and what sensors do i need to change. i have the supercharger, all pulleys with belt, valley cover

Tim M 05-07-2020 10:33 AM

camaro717: Your OEM SS fuel line works - I just removed a segment and clipped it in. The rest of the info is on the forum - my 'Member Car Journal' thread has quite a bit, but I don't know all the part numbers - fortunately it is all GM parts so get friendly with a dealer or call ADM/Weapon X. They are very helpful!

Just crossed 1000 miles with +200 CHP - highly recommend it!