CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   ZL1 Discussions (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=235)
-   -   Raising the spoiler (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=564857)

Smokin19 11-07-2019 06:21 AM

Raising the spoiler

Might have been mentioned already, just not sure. Does anybody here do 3d printing? Was wondering if it is possible to make extensions of the mounts for the spoiler or even feasible. Not interested in going the 1LE rout for a spoiler but, maybe raising the stock one about 2". The extensions would go on top of the existing due to the configuration on the deck lid. Ideally new one piece mounts 2" taller would be better. Not even sure it would look right, just thinking if it's possible. Can anyone photoshop this?

Realist 11-07-2019 07:09 AM

Not a bad idea, would like to see this myself. :popcorn:

Rlhay2 11-07-2019 11:42 AM

If done right, I'd purchase some too!

ssmofo 11-07-2019 12:50 PM

Why? Honda has a car built just for you.

GreatWhiteLT 11-07-2019 01:24 PM

Not sure why Honda has anything to do with this? He's not interested in slapping a pep boys spoiler on the car and slamming it to the ground. To OP, what do you mean by going on top of the existing extensions? I thought the spoiler was bolted down to those small extensions. I could be very wrong I have never taken off my spoiler, but I would be interested to see what this would look like as well!

Flsupraguy 11-07-2019 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ssmofo (Post 10656429)
Why? Honda has a car built just for you.

Some people actually track their cars instead of trying to impress their sister at the drag strip.

Smokin19 11-08-2019 07:22 AM

Not everyone wants the 1LE wing because of the height. And NO I am not trying to turn my ZL/1 in to a Honda.
Adding an extension to the original mounts is probably not what I want to do. Just a taller mount would have a cleaner look. Any vendors out there able to do this? Here is a video link to what the mounts look like before install.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHmh3JqXgY0

crosive 11-08-2019 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smokin19 (Post 10656862)
Not everyone wants the 1LE wing because of the height. And NO I am not trying to turn my ZL/1 in to a Honda.
Adding an extension to the original mounts is probably not what I want to do. Just a taller mount would have a cleaner look. Any vendors out there able to do this? Here is a video link to what the mounts look like before install.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHmh3JqXgY0

I'm curious what it would look like. nothing crazy, just maybe an inch or 2. It could be sinister or clown, who knows

I still have my old SS wing (I replaced it with a zl1 wing as well). I know the holes line up, but I'm wondering if the stock riser footprints are close enough between the ss and the zl1 for both to use the same extensions if they are made

minn19 11-08-2019 07:42 AM

I guess us ZLE guys should've bought a Honda Civic Type R. :rolleyes:

Oddspyke 11-08-2019 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by minn19 (Post 10656877)
I guess us ZLE guys should've bought a Honda Civic Type R. :rolleyes:

It has at least 4x the winglets!!! Plus all those "cooling vents" (actually non-functional, solid black plastic). How could you not want one?

crosive 11-08-2019 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oddspyke (Post 10656927)
It has at least 4x the winglets!!! Plus all those "cooling vents" (actually non-functional, solid black plastic). How could you not want one?

My selling point was how you can launch the car without your hands on the steering wheel and you get absolutely 0 torque steer.

Yes, they emphasized that to me.

I mean, I do it so often too....

minn19 11-08-2019 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oddspyke (Post 10656927)

Quote:

Originally Posted by crosive (Post 10656928)
My selling point was how you can launch the car without your hands on the steering wheel and you get absolutely 0 torque steer.

Yes, they emphasized that to me.

I mean, I do it so often too....

They probably are a ton of fun to drive, but FWD turns me off right away. Even if they have the "magical" diffs like GTIs etc.

Matos1LE 11-08-2019 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smokin19 (Post 10656181)
Might have been mentioned already, just not sure. Does anybody here do 3d printing? Was wondering if it is possible to make extensions of the mounts for the spoiler or even feasible. Not interested in going the 1LE rout for a spoiler but, maybe raising the stock one about 2". The extensions would go on top of the existing due to the configuration on the deck lid. Ideally new one piece mounts 2" taller would be better. Not even sure it would look right, just thinking if it's possible. Can anyone photoshop this?

I do 3D printing. If anyone with a ZL1 in South Florida wants to let me take measurements off their wing stands, I could prototype it for you guys. Alternatively, if you could give me accurate measurements, I could also try it that way.

Smokin19 11-08-2019 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matos1LE (Post 10656947)
I do 3D printing. If anyone with a ZL1 in South Florida wants to let me take measurements off their wing stands, I could prototype it for you guys. Alternatively, if you could give me accurate measurements, I could also try it that way.

Somebody take up the man on the offer. There is a subtle curve on the mounts to the deck lid. This could be a business venture for someone.