CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   USA - NY / NJ / PA (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=241)
-   -   NJ Recommendations Dealer Service (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=527082)

jcastag 04-24-2018 06:31 PM

NJ Recommendations Dealer Service

Does anyone have recommendations for a NNJ or CNJ Chevy dealer that has a service center they trust and have had great experiences with??

I am bringing my car in for the dreaded tranny shudder.

WhiteNight 04-24-2018 10:43 PM

Stay away from Chevrolet of Jersey City. Look up a thread I started about engine failure.

jcastag 04-25-2018 05:25 AM

Thanks.. I was thinking bridgewater chevy would be my best bet

metros11 04-25-2018 10:25 PM

If you're in Clark, Bridgewater Chevy.

RickErnst 04-26-2018 02:42 PM

I purchase my car from Bridgewater and so far I've liked the whole experience. Mind you, I've only had one free general maintenance done (oil change / tire rotation) so not a lot of experience with the service department. The one time I did go it was done right and on time.

Msokeefe 05-14-2018 04:37 AM

Stay away from Bridgewater, I bought my 18 1ss there. They did an oil change. When I started it up, the low oil light came on, they underfilled the engine oil. I now go to Flemington, so far so good.

arpad_m 05-14-2018 05:06 AM

I've had a very positive experience with Schumacher Chevy in Denville, both sales and service, third car in a row now. They know the Camaro fairly well and are trustworthy, doing a good job. Not as perfect as a skilled owner with some mild OCD would, but very good nevertheless.

Vtor_ZL1 06-04-2018 07:13 PM

Paramus Chevy - so far, so good. Oil change - in and out less than 1 hr.

Asab8576 07-08-2018 07:12 PM

+1 for Schumacher they are a great dealership.

Mikezl1boost 10-04-2018 02:29 PM

I can tell you not where to go.
Jersey City ( garbage couldn’t even do a proper alignment)
Bellavita Chevrolet (east Rutherford) what clowns.
Had 2 make 2 appointments, not available on t in computer.
Then I show up they do a walk around on my car, telling me there is scratches all over, they don’t wanna get blamed for it. It wasn’t even scratched, you know the soap drip lines from car wash. That was the “scratches”.
The. Service manger tells me to leave because I disagreed with them telling me car has scratches all over. (It’s garaged & never out of my site for that to even happen)

FAIL.

Goohead 10-12-2018 09:15 PM

Another+ for Schumacher, went local to grab exhaust gaskets and they hadn’t fair prices, Called another dealer and they wanted literally more than 2x. Also had insurance body work done, good honest service, that’s 2 separate dealer ships in the same chain

17rsvert 10-13-2018 07:47 AM

Schumacher Denville fixed the broken slide cover (6 X 6 inch black plastic on the side of the rear seat) and I had a good experience. Staff seemed knowledgable and willing to help, not like some other dealers where they seem annoyed at your presence and are doing YOU a favor. Been there 2 times, for the broken cover and 1st oil change and was given a free rental car to use to get to work and back. I asked about the pinch weld lift points to jack the car (after reading about dealers damaging rocker panels on this forum) and they knew exactly what I was talking about.

arpad_m 10-13-2018 02:52 PM

Well guys, please don't take this as shilling, but I had business to do again today at Schumacher Chevy in Denville and it seems these guys are just getting better.

I took the Camaro in for a preventive diff fluid flush and also bought a replacement kid hauler for wifey, had to, don't ask why :dizzy:. Told the service manager about the new mods in my sig and asked him how the powertrain warranty would be handled going forward.

Instead of the dismissal and legalese I had kind of braced myself for, he got all excited and asked me what kind of blower it was, specs etc., then told me he would've done the same in my shoes and he'll take care of me in case of any future issues as much as possible :headbang:. He also knew about the Magnuson warranty handling process, so hopefully things will be managed well if trouble hits (also, they had already been very accommodating and helpful with my A8 worries).

In the meantime the sale went down without a hitch, the CPO Traverse I chose was just as clean as the sales guy had promised, basically everyone acted as a pro, the process was quick and painless. Since I had to take my three kids with me, I expected a bit of reluctance and sideways looks, but everyone was friendly, the kids were given things to keep them occupied, no trouble at all. The finance director even showed me pics of his gazillion horsepower Lingenfelter 'Vette and had me pop the hood to show him the Maggie and the install, which he enthusiastically approved of.

After the tech was done with the diff flush, a quick and clean job, the service manager came back, commented on how clean and OEM-like the supercharger install was, asked me who had done it and what that new custom valve under the engine bay was for as he hadn't seen that before (it's the catch can drain valve), then praised the installer again. Don't get me wrong, it's Jannetty's work so I'm not trying to strut, just wanted to share that this looks like a great mod-friendly dealership here in northern NJ.

Also, while I'm pretty picky in general, I also try to be reasonable, visiting a dealer for service or purchase shouldn't have to be a "me vs them stealers" affair, and I'm glad to see this reciprocated. Some businesses don't give two s**ts about you even when you purchase from them, but this apparently isn't one of them.

6spdhyperblue 10-23-2018 06:40 AM

Negative experiences with Schumacher here in the past

Tried to get intake gaskets from them recently and were a total rip off

I’m staying away. Got a gmc instead