CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Nav, Radar, Electronics (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=228)
-   -   What are your Bose stereo settings? (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=445711)

misterjaayy 03-25-2016 12:04 AM

What are your Bose stereo settings?

I have been fiddling around with the stock Bose stereo in my 2SS for a week or so and I can't quite seem to find the sweet spot. So I'm curious, for all of you with the Bose system, how do you have it set up? Currently I'm at +4 Bass, no change with Mid Range, and +4 Treble (from the default stock settings with Bass, Mid Range, and Treble all in the middle). I also have the Fade -2 so more sound coming from the rear.

I want to like this sound system, but so far I have been underwhelmed. How are you guys getting the most out of the stock set up?

Glen e 03-25-2016 12:32 AM

I have a friend that's really accomplished with bose and he set it up this way and it does sound about the best for me :
Bass and mid one notch plus from middle
Treble mid

Fader one tap to the front.

suzook 03-25-2016 11:42 AM

Its gonna be different for everyone. We all have different opinions on what sounds "good". My entire life, I have always cut mids dramatically on every system I have had.

JoeAyalaM 03-25-2016 08:03 PM

The fronts are supposed to sound a little louder than the rears, you always face a concert's soundstage, right?

EstebanVerde 03-27-2016 08:29 AM

Door Speakers

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeAyalaM (Post 8991688)
The fronts are supposed to sound a little louder than the rears, you always face a concert's soundstage, right?

My door speakers in the front on my 2SS seem to be much quieter than the dash and back seat door speakers. Is this normal? I've played with the fade and this always seem to be the case.

chris227 03-27-2016 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EstebanVerde (Post 8993790)
My door speakers in the front on my 2SS seem to be much quieter than the dash and back seat door speakers. Is this normal? I've played with the fade and this always seem to be the case.

The front door speakers are bass.

EstebanVerde 03-27-2016 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chris227 (Post 8993869)
The front door speakers are bass.

Thanks. Good to know. Definitely makes things sound a little different than other cars.

misterjaayy 03-28-2016 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glen e (Post 8989855)
I have a friend that's really accomplished with bose and he set it up this way and it does sound about the best for me :
Treble mid

This worked out good. Thanks Glen.

cellsafemode 03-29-2016 12:33 AM

I have bass and treble just a bit above mid-level
middle is just around the middle

fader is way to the back so that you can just barely hear the rear speakers along with the front rather than only being able to hear the front. Volume, high enough that you can't hear the outside world.

SSport16 03-29-2016 09:29 AM

Bass and treble need to set much higher than mid, otherwise it sounds too dull, no depth to it. Think of it as a curve, bass and treble towards the top on the endsm and mid range in the middle, creates a nice curve, my fader it set 1 in favor of the front, perfect.

gblaue 03-29-2016 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glen e (Post 8989855)
Treble mid

What's his connection with Bose?

misterjaayy 03-29-2016 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SSport16 (Post 8997786)
Bass and treble need to set much higher than mid, otherwise it sounds too dull, no depth to it. Think of it as a curve, bass and treble towards the top on the endsm and mid range in the middle, creates a nice curve, my fader it set 1 in favor of the front, perfect.

So what are your settings? How many clicks from the middle for the bass treble and mid?

cellsafemode 03-29-2016 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SSport16 (Post 8997786)

The amp has it's own equalizer bias built in so even if your head unit is set to flat, it's not going to be flat at the speakers and to your ears. On top of the pre-processing that the music track itself has been under to make the song sound the way designed. I think bose has balanced the sound pretty good for it's own speakers so I dont feel there is any need to augment it more (at least for the music i've been listening to).

My system sounded completely biased to the front at dead center fade. Can't even hear that I have any speakers except the front in that configuration. Dropping the fade back and kicking volume up fills the cabin in a more fuller sound than only hearing audio from the much smaller front dash speakers.

Not sure what bose has stuffed under the dash but they look to be 4" speakers and while bose can drive tiny speakers plenty loud. I like using the larger rear ones to fill in what the tiny fronts dont seem to provide.

JonGSA 04-08-2016 03:45 PM

I'm still messing with my settings yet, but on the way home from work yesterday, I actually liked the sound a hair better when I pushed the fade to the front more. I think it cut out the rears a bit and made it sound like it was ALL coming from the doors/dash. But it could of been the song too. Im not 100% sure.

If i had one more request from Chevy, it would of been to give us more flexibilty with the soundstage and DSP. The way it is, is not everyones cup of tea....but it does remind me of the center speaker setup from a 67 camaro. haha