CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=226)
-   -   Magnetic Ride control (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=553624)

overdriv 05-02-2019 01:58 PM

Magnetic Ride control

Is there noticeable differences in the ride of a 2SS with and without MRC?

There seems to be little if no talk about it and seems to be trouble free.

Any comments, appreciated.

2SSRS@Gen5diy 05-03-2019 10:29 AM

For the most part the MRC is trouble free, but every now and then it can loss connection with a computer, and if that happens you will need to get it re flashed, its a very small % of cars that have that happen but it does happen.

John_S 05-04-2019 02:31 AM

worth every penny

overdriv 05-05-2019 11:32 AM

That seems to be a common theme, but why is it money well spent?

Gen6_1Le 05-05-2019 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by overdriv (Post 10510435)
That seems to be a common theme, but why is it money well spent?

Simple ,it allows the Alpha platform to show its full capabilities.

zirad54 05-05-2019 01:32 PM

A must have.

TRZ06 05-05-2019 02:07 PM

It has 2 real benefits...

Smoother ride

Settles the chassis quicker after being upset than passive shocks.

overdriv 05-06-2019 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TRZ06 (Post 10510547)
It has 2 real benefits...

Smoother ride

Settles the chassis quicker after being upset than passive shocks.

Thank you, sounds like it is worth it.

Does it wear out like regular shocks?

Silentlegion 05-06-2019 09:27 AM

Hello,

Maybe i can answer your question... I just got a 2019 Camaro 2SS and i have not tested what it would feel like without the MRS but i do have it on my vehicle as i built mine. I can say you can and will feel the difference between each mode that you put it in and i defiantly enjoy the tour mode soft suspension on these long drives that i have been doing for my work. I have put it in sport mode and track mode and can say wow it defiantly stiffens up.
Unfortunately this is one of those options were you will need to find a owner of MRS and non- MSR to test out.

Now also to point out its not just the suspension that stiffens up in each mode: the steering wheel gets harder to turn (more responsive), the pedal goes from takes some pressure to respond to im going to go when you say go! and shift modes in auto are different (i went with manual because of all i have heard about autos (something to consider)).

Everyone that has it will say its worth the money, everyone who doesn't have it will say they are fine without it. As i said its one of those if your really worried about it, try it for yourself with an already owner (unfortunately with dealerships they wont let the cars off the lot anymore).

Wear time from my understand is the same but also i got informed by my dealership that i have lifetime warranty on them... but then again my car is fully covered for anything over the next 8 years but im paying for it in the end.

I hope this helps, if you have any further questions from a new owner perspective (over 5k miles on vehicle now) please feel free to reach out and ask.

2SSRS@Gen5diy 05-06-2019 09:47 AM

Some members need to understand how this car works, steering wheel getting harder to turn has nothing to do with the MRC, That is done in the electronic steering box, both MRC and Non MRC cars do that, The struts in both models wear out, so know that, we have both cars and two with the Multimatic DSSV (Dynamic Suspensions Spool Valve) IMO there the best but it is not for every one.

trohde78 05-06-2019 12:34 PM

This is probably the best answer that you'll get: "Everyone that has it will say its worth the money, everyone who doesn't have it will say they are fine without it." I'm in the group without it, but if I were to order a car, then I would definitely add this option. They say the non-MRC is basically like "Sport" mode all the time, and that is likely where I would keep mine even if it had MRC. However, the MRC would then give you the softer "Tour" and firmer "Track" options.

overdriv 05-06-2019 02:40 PM

Thanks for the info. I understand how it works just wanted to hear from some folks who knew how it rides, etc.

CamaroBody 05-06-2019 03:44 PM

i love magnets :D

Emoto 05-06-2019 04:06 PM

The convenience of changing the ride quality and damping at the touch of a button is tough to beat. Of course, one can program the driving modes to one's own taste to a degree as well.

https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-.../i-Xpnrt2L.jpg