CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Nav, Radar, Electronics (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=228)
-   -   Android auto projection doesn't work (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=548093)

Bosse'sBoss 02-13-2019 04:18 PM

Android auto projection doesn't work

Hi Guys,
I followed the steps to connect my Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus to my '16 Camaro SS, but it doesn't connect, and neither the wireless charger seems to work with my cellphone. Is there's any solution to this?

HyperM3 02-13-2019 04:21 PM

Does Android Auto work regularly when you are connected via USB? Do you have a case on your phone?

I`m Batman 02-13-2019 05:29 PM

Early 2016 Camaros didn't come with AA from factory. You had to go get a new firmware update from the dealer. I did. It was free back then, not sure about now.

Bosse'sBoss 02-13-2019 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I`m Batman (Post 10436519)
Early 2016 Camaros didn't come with AA from factory. You had to go get a new firmware update from the dealer. I did. It was free back then, not sure about now.

Thanks I would try the update

Bosse'sBoss 02-13-2019 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HyperM3 (Post 10436457)
Does Android Auto work regularly when you are connected via USB? Do you have a case on your phone?

No it didn't worked with the USB.
I removed the case to charge my cellphone but it didn't fit, is larger than the available space and didn't charge at all.

crosive 02-14-2019 04:12 AM

I had some issues with my s8+ when I got my car. I traced it down to a couple of my cables that didn't play well with AA. One wouldn't work at all, the other would only work when the cable was plugged in a specific way, but I would get no audio at all through the headunit, no music, no tones, nothing.

Finally found a good reliable cable that isn't 37 feet long.

Bodyslide 02-14-2019 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I`m Batman (Post 10436519)

I think now they charge $150.00 for the update. The free one ended sometime back in 2017.

HyperM3 02-14-2019 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bosse'sBoss (Post 10436733)
No it didn't worked with the USB.
I removed the case to charge my cellphone but it didn't fit, is larger than the available space and didn't charge at all.

Yeah, I have found that you need to use the OEM cable that came with the phone in order to make AA work well in ANY car. Try that, see if it helps. Regarding the wireless charging, if the charging ring isnt spot on, it wont charge. Again, thats with any wireless charging dock and phone.

TJay74 02-14-2019 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HyperM3 (Post 10436958)
Yeah, I have found that you need to use the OEM cable that came with the phone in order to make AA work well in ANY car. Try that, see if it helps. Regarding the wireless charging, if the charging ring isnt spot on, it wont charge. Again, thats with any wireless charging dock and phone.

The OP has a 2016, they didnt come with AA or Apple Car Play from the factory. The original owner had to bring it back into the dealer to have them update the firmware to add AA/ACP to the vehicle.

As said now GM wont cover it for free so you are up to the dealer charge to have the update flashed into the vehicle. Any Android cable will work, Android isnt nearly as picky as Apple is with the cable requirements.

crosive 02-14-2019 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TJay74 (Post 10437003)
Any Android cable will work, Android isnt nearly as picky as Apple is with the cable requirements.

while I can't comment on the pickiness of apple, the android phones I've tried on mine do care which cable to use. I've had several not work, and they were good cables for everything else other than AA.

HyperM3 02-14-2019 10:11 AM

Quote:

The OP has a 2016, they didnt come with AA or Apple Car Play from the factory. The original owner had to bring it back into the dealer to have them update the firmware to add AA/ACP to the vehicle.

As said now GM wont cover it for free so you are up to the dealer charge to have the update flashed into the vehicle. Any Android cable will work, Android isnt nearly as picky as Apple is with the cable requirements.

Didnt realize that, thanks for the clarification. And yes, Androids are just as picky about cables.

custommx3 02-14-2019 10:29 AM

Androids use an industry standard usb connections and arent picky about the cables.

The issue people have with cheap cables is they aren't utilizing the data connection pins in the cable, only power and ground, thus no data is transferred, just power for charging.

HyperM3 02-14-2019 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by custommx3 (Post 10437119)
Androids use an industry standard usb connections and arent picky about the cables.

The issue people have with cheap cables is they aren't utilizing the data connection pins in the cable, only power and ground, thus no data is transferred, just power for charging.

Which sounds picky to me.

Sev 02-14-2019 02:46 PM

Quote:

That was true for early 2016's, later 2016's (like mine) came from the factory with AA/carplay.