CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=155)
-   -   Camaro Sales (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=532895)

rburke76 07-02-2018 12:40 PM

Camaro Sales

anyone hear yet on how many camaros sold last 3 months?

tman0327 07-02-2018 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rburke76 (Post 10237250)
anyone hear yet on how many camaros sold last 3 months?

No, won't be until sometime tomorrow maybe... Today is last official day of fiscal month.

hotlap 07-02-2018 01:14 PM

Quote:

GM Announces 2018 Q2 Earnings Conference Call Details
2018-06-26

DETROIT – General Motors Co. (NYSE: GM) will announce its second quarter 2018 financial results on Wednesday, July 25 at approximately 7 a.m. EDT.

http://media.gm.com/media/us/en/gm/h...ings-call.html

camaro5 07-02-2018 01:53 PM

^ That's stock market report for dollars and cents. Not sales numbers.

ol

01pewterz28 07-02-2018 03:25 PM

I would say not enough sold even with the refresh announcement.

oneredry 07-02-2018 03:39 PM

i hope they find better marketing skills similar to that of say a dodge. They have some pretty sweet commercials.

TheWiseWolf 07-03-2018 12:56 AM

I think they sold like 9

theamcguy 07-14-2018 08:14 AM

2Q Camaro Sales numbers GM sold 13,588 Camaros. This puts Camaro in last place for MY 2018 compared to sales of the Challenger and Mustang. First time that has happened since all 3 manufacturers have sold pony cars. For comparison Dodge has sold 12,000+ more Challengers than Camaros for 2018. Gee I guess that redesign didn't go as planned.

mmadden2 07-14-2018 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theamcguy (Post 10249227)
2Q Camaro Sales numbers GM sold 13,588 Camaros. This puts Camaro in last place for MY 2018 compared to sales of the Challenger and Mustang. First time that has happened since all 3 manufacturers have sold pony cars. For comparison Dodge has sold 12,000+ more Challengers than Camaros for 2018. Gee I guess that redesign didn't go as planned.

Those Dodges and Fords are everywhere. They're so prevalent, that seeing one (to me anyway), is like seeing a Camry, not special. I like driving less ubiquitous vehicles which may be bad for GM sales but is fine with me. If you go to a car show and see 50 Dodges or Mustangs lined up it's like being at a dealership, no thanks. Most people like rarer cars, not cars they see at every turn.

Number 3 07-14-2018 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oneredry (Post 10237440)
i hope they find better marketing skills similar to that of say a dodge. They have some pretty sweet commercials.

To be clear, TV commercials are a subset of advertising. Advertising is a subset of marketing.

GM does a pretty good job of marketing the Camaro. They just don't use TV commercials. And it only seems like a few on this site want to see the commercials. But as you are already here an know about the Camaro and probably own one or want to, a commercial does nothing for you......or GM.

gringo 07-15-2018 01:56 AM

Commercials? Who in the heck watches TV anymore anyway? Most people have their noses stuck in their personal devices surfing on social media sites.

Martinjlm 07-15-2018 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Number 3 (Post 10249240)
To be clear, TV commercials are a subset of advertising. Advertising is a subset of marketing.

GM does a pretty good job of marketing the Camaro. They just don't use TV commercials. And it only seems like a few on this site want to see the commercials. But as you are already here an know about the Camaro and probably own one or want to, a commercial does nothing for you......or GM.

This. Every...Single...Word

Quote:

Originally Posted by gringo (Post 10249914)
Commercials? Who in the heck watches TV anymore anyway? Most people have their noses stuck in their personal devices surfing on social media sites.

I walk into a room where we have a 50” smart TV on the wall. It is capable of streaming YouTube, Netflix, Hulu, has OnDemand for HBO, Cinemax, and Showtime. The TV is off. My 21 year old is watching YouTube on his phone. My 19 year old is watching Netflix on his phone. I asked why neither of them bothered to turn on the TV and stream there (note - even streaming on the big screen they avoid mainstream commercials). They both said, almost in unison..... “Because I don’t need to be tied down to staying in this room.”

Balzdeep 07-15-2018 08:34 AM

The outside visual front end changes and zero power changes equal slow camaro sales (without manufacturer rebate help) through 2020. Lol.

Deputy Dog 07-15-2018 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Martinjlm (Post 10249997)

I walk into a room where we have a 50” smart TV on the wall. It is capable of streaming YouTube, Netflix, Hulu, has OnDemand for HBO, Cinemax, and Showtime. The TV is off. My 21 year old is watching YouTube on his phone. My 19 year old is watching Netflix on his phone. I asked why neither of them bothered to turn on the TV and stream there (note - even streaming on the big screen they avoid mainstream commercials). They both said, almost in unison..... “Because I don’t need to be tied down to staying in this room.”

I haven't looked at TV in a month, nothing but Fake News and stupid TV shows now...so on my computer looking at on demand stuff mostly. That being said still nothing stopping GM to do exciting internet ad videos. They havn't even done that. And...since fewer people watch TV, advertising prices have dropped for TV, they need to take advantage of that drop too.:caked: