CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   6th gen Camaro Convertible (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=301)
-   -   Trunk won’t open...again (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=557621)

Drsagacity 07-02-2019 11:17 PM

Trunk won’t open...again

I haven’t had the car out much yet but the other day I realized the trunk wouldn’t open again. Climbed in back and the key won’t turn either. I figure there must be an easy way to start taking the top down and reach in to manually pop the trunk, but don’t want to knock down the stupid divider because then the vert top wouldn’t go down again.

I will probably just take it in, but where is the manual latch inside the trunk? Will i be able to reach it when the top is on the way down?

Driski 07-03-2019 04:32 AM

Wish I could help. I have not experienced this one, yet! Will be watching for a cure in case...

driven2exceSS 07-03-2019 07:57 AM

Your battery may be low? Try popping the hood and putting a charger, or jump pack, on the posts and see if trunk pops? Just a thought... I've experienced this myself with my lithium battery. Worth a try...

Mark114 07-03-2019 10:52 AM

I had that problem with mine years ago. I pressed down on the trunk lid while pressing the release button and the latch released. Maybe the rubber spacers need to be adjusted to put less tension on the latch?

Mark114 07-03-2019 12:31 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The emergency latch release handle is up on the trunk lid near the back of the car.

driven2exceSS 07-04-2019 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drsagacity (Post 10561583)
trunk wouldn’t open again

How did you make out with this Drsagacity??

driven2exceSS 07-11-2019 10:29 PM

:emoticon3:

GroundhogSS 07-12-2019 09:34 AM

Probably too much horsepower, jammed the trunk on acceleration.

driven2exceSS 07-12-2019 12:31 PM

Haha.. I know right

Drsagacity 07-13-2019 02:19 PM

Sorry guys. I haven’t even tried to address it yet. I am going to start putting the top up and when it’s in the process, I will stop to access the trunk from top and will pull the emergency lever.

The problem with doing this is that I have to take down the divider which means if I fail, the top won’t come back down. :)

I like the battery recommendation too as I have definitely noticed the car has been sluggish starting (especially if I leave the AC on when I turn the car off.

driven2exceSS 07-14-2019 09:31 PM

I'd start with jumping the front posts first, then go "plan-B" on the latch if need be ;) For that matter have you tried popping trunk with the car running, if the battery even has enough to start all that HP, but seriously....

GroundhogSS 07-15-2019 04:59 PM

After almost three years, my battery was getting a bit weak. I got an Interstate from Costco, a direct replacement for the Camaro. Seems good now.

Drsagacity 07-17-2019 05:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by driven2exceSS (Post 10571216)
I'd start with jumping the front posts first, then go "plan-B" on the latch if need be ;) For that matter have you tried popping trunk with the car running, if the battery even has enough to start all that HP, but seriously....

I believe I have. I am traveling, but will give it a shot when I get back tomorrow. Will try when running and if that doesn’t work, plan b it is.

Either that or I since I am waiting for parts on my other car, I may just take the car to the mechanic and let him check it out.

Canadian Steve 07-18-2019 10:14 AM

I just had a similar problem for the first time this week. When pressing the trunk open buttom from the driver's seat, above the license plate, or on the key fob I could hear the mechanism operate but the trunk didn't release. If I tried to operate the convertible top a message indicated that the top couldn't be moved with the trunk open. Eventually I tried pressing down on the trunk and heard a click. After that, I was able to open the trunk normally.

To me it sounded like the unlock mechanism was working but it somehow got stuck only partly opened. By pressing down on the lid I re-engaged the locking mechanism and was then able to unlock it like usual.

Monitoring to see if this reoccurs.