CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=155)
-   -   Am I the only one?!? (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=403918)

Rockin'UU 04-11-2015 08:01 PM

Am I the only one?!?

Hello all, am I the only one who was really hoping that the Gen 6 was going to be a retro second Gen?
Also,
I don't like how they are calling it a "New" generation when it is the same body style. They did basically the same thing to the new Mustangs "looks pretty much the same as the old one". I think this is more of a marketing thing than anything else. How many subtile ( and not so subtile ) changes did the 3rd and 4th Gen Corvettes and Camaros go through? LOTS. Why can't it still be the 5th Gen, and when the car ACTUALLY changes call THAT a 6th Gen??

hypercarfanatic 04-11-2015 08:09 PM

Well, I am with you in that a large change would be nice (even though I know it won't happen and have never expected it to happen), but instead of it going retro, I would rather see it progress towards sports car (as pictured below).

http://uncrate.com/p/2013/09/bmw-i8-1-xl.jpg

http://www.topgear.com/uk/assets/cms...140324_10%3A17

http://speedlux.com/wp-content/uploa.../5-651x433.jpg

http://gearpatrol.wpengine.netdna-cd...ear-patrol.jpg

Rockin'UU 04-11-2015 08:17 PM

Thats what the Vette is for :w00t:
I am more than happy to keep the Camaro as more of a "Muscle" car. But yes, why the Gen change if all they are really doing is giving it a new engine, and a very small face lift.

For example the third Gen Camaros would today have been called the 3rd 70-73, 4th Gen = 74-77 5th Gen 78-81

And those changes still seem BIGGER than the ones taking place now?!? :noidea:

newb 04-11-2015 08:20 PM

Because it is a completely new car. It is a new gen. Regardless of the shape of the sheet metal, it's a new car.

hypercarfanatic 04-11-2015 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rockin'UU (Post 8356274)
Thats what the Vette is for :w00t:
I am more than happy to keep the Camaro as more of a "Muscle" car. But yes, why the Gen change if all they are really doing is giving it a new engine, and a very small face lift.

For example the third Gen Camaros would today have been called the 3rd 70-73, 4th Gen = 74-77 5th Gen 78-81

And those changes still seem BIGGER than the ones taking place now?!? :noidea:

That makes sense for sure. I just don't have the cash for a vette, nor could my imagination's dreams ever fathom being able to fit more than half my body in one :cry:

Muscle car is nice. But muscle car + aggressive styling + modern technology + powerful engine (within reason)......well who could turn that down? :happy0180:

Rockin'UU 04-11-2015 08:30 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by newb (Post 8356281)
Because it is a completely new car. It is a new gen. Regardless of the shape of the sheet metal, it's a new car.

Nothing about this car says "Completely new" the very first thing I say when I see this pic is "Oh its a Camo'ed 5th Gen Camaro" thats it.

hypercarfanatic 04-11-2015 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by newb (Post 8356281)

Well....its an evolution of the 5th gen, not a totally new car. An evolution, not redesign

Rockin'UU 04-11-2015 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hypercarfanatic (Post 8356312)
Well....its an evolution of the 5th gen, not a totally new car. An evolution, not redesign

Thank you. That is exactly my point. What is wrong with calling this car a 5th Gen? I believe the only reason they are is because of the "NEW" Mustang 5th Gen that IMO looks like the last Mustang too.

Number 3 04-11-2015 08:40 PM

Holy crap! Every part is new. New architecture, new chassis and new drive train with an all new interior.

Sorry but you are just wrong. In industry terms this IS a generational change. You may want to put down the familial Pony car look and maybe you are just trying to be funny. But this much change is a next Gen car.

Rockin'UU 04-11-2015 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Number 3 (Post 8356329)
Holy crap! Every part is new. New architecture, new chassis and new drive train with an all new interior.

Sorry but you are just wrong. In industry terms this IS a generational change. You may want to put down the familial Pony car look and maybe you are just trying to be funny. But this much change is a next Gen car.

No, Im not trying to be funny at all, the body looks exactly like a 5th gen.
The 7th gen Corvette body doesn't look exactly like a 6th gen. But these 6th Gen Camaro bodies look exactly like the 5th Gens.
I mean you CAN NOT say that it doesn't ?????

hypercarfanatic 04-11-2015 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rockin'UU (Post 8356320)
Thank you. That is exactly my point. What is wrong with calling this car a 5th Gen? I believe the only reason they are is because of the "NEW" Mustang 5th Gen that IMO looks like the last Mustang too.

Well, its not a 5th gen either given the below reasons \/

Quote:

Originally Posted by Number 3 (Post 8356329)

Yes it is a next gen. But this next gen is an evolution of a previous gen. Not a radically new car.

PYROLYSIS 04-11-2015 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hypercarfanatic (Post 8356366)
Yes it is a next gen. But this next gen is an evolution of a previous gen. Not a radically new car.

:crazy: Really? Have you read anything about the car? Styling is the only thing reported to be evolutionary. We still don't know to what degree that will be held to. We would expect that statement from a joe blo on the street that sees a Camaro and says, "hey! there's the new Mustang!", not from someone on a Camaro enthusiast site devoted to every minor detail of the sixth gen.

hypercarfanatic 04-11-2015 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PYROLYSIS (Post 8356403)
:crazy: Really? Have you read anything about the car? Styling is the only thing reported to be evolutionary. We still don't know to what degree that will be held to. We would expect that statement from a joe blo on the street that sees a Camaro and says, "hey! there's the new Mustang!", not from someone on a Camaro enthusiast site devoted to every minor detail of the sixth gen.

I will agree that "Styling is the only thing reported to be evolutionary", however, for the majority of consumers, that will be one of the primary things they will be basing their decision on.

I know, for myself, power, gear ratio, nit picky technical details and losing a half-second on a 1/4 mile will take a back seat to the technology & styling of the car. Thats really my primary concern - not how fast it goes, because that is speed that I will never need. The minor details I care about are adaptive speed control, driver oriented cockpit, adjustable traction control/launch control, and the such....plus the styling.

Number 3 04-11-2015 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hypercarfanatic (Post 8356366)
Well, its not a 5th gen either given the below reasons \/

Sorry, but no. It is a completely new car. Styling is evolutionary. Architecture, chassis and interior ummmmm all the parts, are revolutionary.

Sorry you don't see it that way.