CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   6th gen Camaro 1LE (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=296)
-   -   I HATE the recaro 1LE seats. (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=591404)

NeverDie 04-27-2021 10:29 AM

Hmm, I've always felt that these were pretty wide for performance seats.

JSH 04-27-2021 11:30 AM

Mine is more comfortable than were my GTRs, so much so that I don't think about it.

RUQWIKR 04-30-2021 07:44 AM

You want to talk about narrow Recaro's, for any of us decent sized body width, try out those in Focus ST / RS.

50MileSmile 04-30-2021 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RUQWIKR (Post 11002144)
You want to talk about narrow Recaro's, for any of us decent sized body width, try out those in Focus ST / RS.

The Fiesta ST Recaros are ridiculously narrow too - the side bolsters on the seatback caught me in the shoulder blades; the stock seats are OK for a daily driver. The Recaros in my 1LE are fine, but I do wish the seatbacks reclined another inch or two.

Boost Creep 04-30-2021 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 50MileSmile (Post 11002331)
The Fiesta ST Recaros are ridiculously narrow too - the side bolsters on the seatback caught me in the shoulder blades; the stock seats are OK for a daily driver. The Recaros in my 1LE are fine, but I do wish the seatbacks reclined another inch or two.

Pretty sure there's a mod you do to the seat to allow it to recline further.

Jason Mellon 04-30-2021 05:09 PM

Recaro

1 Attachment(s)
I decided to keep my seat in place even after acquiring another Performance Recaro that had even higher side bolsters. I’m >6’2” @ 290# and in the carousels & decreasing radius turns, I have a really hard time staying planted, as I’m sure yo all have experienced. My intention was to mount this other seat so I could employ 5 point restraints. But my wife complained that it was going to look dumb with mis-matching seats. Plus in order to properly install the 5 point belts, I’d need to install a rear hoop and bars to maintain the proper angle one the shoulder belts. So, I’m just keeping as is. {for the time being}. Anyone need a Recaro capable of accepting 5 points shoulder belts?

LT4Greg 05-07-2021 02:44 PM

The Recaros will break in to your body shape/weight in due time of driving around. I find them more comfortable than the seats in my old 2016 2SS that I had plus more supportive for my lower back.

Jefe44 06-10-2021 04:10 AM

Get a cinder block and age your left leg bolster. Let it sit and loosen it up. I'm 6 ft 240 and I haven't been to the chiropractor since I bought this car. Totes comfortable. Maybe stretching/ wearing it would help? I dunno, it could help. Be a shame to spend cash if there's an easier fix.

Whitespeed 06-10-2021 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jefe44 (Post 11023457)
Get a cinder block and age your left leg bolster. Let it sit and loosen it up. I'm 6 ft 240 and I haven't been to the chiropractor since I bought this car. Totes comfortable. Maybe stretching/ wearing it would help? I dunno, it could help. Be a shame to spend cash if there's an easier fix.

There's a hoop made from a thick metal rod that supports the bolsters. Putting a cinder block on it isn't going to do much. You really have to pull the cushion off and bend the hoops out.

G2K 06-10-2021 10:24 AM

I'm 6ft 260... they're tight but that's them doing their job... I didnt notice a difference the other day that I sat in the passenger seat... so maybe with time they will open up a bit....

Sit in bride or other types of recaro seats and you'll be grateful for these :P

G2K 06-10-2021 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jason Mellon (Post 11002466)
I decided to keep my seat in place even after acquiring another Performance Recaro that had even higher side bolsters. I’m >6’2” @ 290# and in the carousels & decreasing radius turns, I have a really hard time staying planted, as I’m sure yo all have experienced. My intention was to mount this other seat so I could employ 5 point restraints. But my wife complained that it was going to look dumb with mis-matching seats. Plus in order to properly install the 5 point belts, I’d need to install a rear hoop and bars to maintain the proper angle one the shoulder belts. So, I’m just keeping as is. {for the time being}. Anyone need a Recaro capable of accepting 5 points shoulder belts?

arent these mustang recaros? Always loved the look on these.... how did you plan on installing these? Rails? Electronics? etc?

If this is doable I might go this route.... I honestly never loved the fact that our recaro seats look like just regular seats with just more bolsters...

I loved the 5th gen z28 seats... and these mustang seats aswell... funny story the ONLY reason why I dont have a mustang today is because I couldnt find a recaro with yellow stitching interior which was my #1 request on the mustang. So I went camaro and so glad I did.

CanadianVetZL1 06-10-2021 01:34 PM

I wish I was as small as you guys.

5'7" 360 plus. For some reason the left leg bolster digs into left leg a fair bit...........

Yea yea lose weight but obviously I have some other issues. How do I flatten out that seat?

kropscamaro16 06-10-2021 01:45 PM

i wanted a set of 1le/zl1 seats so bad but could never find any for a good deal so i finally broke down and got a sparco qrt r and also a harness half cage and rear seat delete should have it all installed here in a week or so

N Camarolina 06-10-2021 06:26 PM

Complain all you want about the Recaros, but consider what purpose was intended by GM for the cars that have them.

I recently tracked my 1LE at VIR and also had a chance to both drive and ride shotgun in my friends Mustang GT. In the SS 1LE, at no time did I feel like my body was sliding around or that I had to brace myself. Conversely, when driving the mustang at the same pace, even with a steering wheel to hold onto, I couldn't believe how much my body was still sliding around and how much I needed to brace with my legs or core. Riding shotgun in the mustang was (if you can believe it), immeasurably worse. It felt like I was riding around inside a pinata or bouncy house. I had to use a handhold near the window and push by foot into the footwell to have any hope of body stability.

The bolsters are there for a purpose and they work. It's just unfortunate if some of us are wider than the makers intended. Perhaps they need two sizes of Recaros.