CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tuning / Diagnostics (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=254)
-   -   HP Tuners Torque Management Tables for M6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=508293)

exxit 09-18-2017 04:25 PM

HP Tuners Torque Management Tables for M6

My tuner is an extreme busy dude when it comes to responding back to non-emergency inquiries so I figured I'd ask here just in case someone has gotten word on an ETA...

It seems to be consensus that a few tables are currently locked on the M6 causing weird issues with torque management during launch. Any word when these may be available to our tuners?

Getinthur 09-23-2017 03:38 PM

Bump, we are having a hard time as well with my M6 ZL1. In fact somehow my launch control doesn't work since trying to tune out the torque managment.

TJay74 09-25-2017 03:55 PM

i wonder if Livernois has any issues with this, they use a form of the OEM tuning system to develope their tunes. They have access to more tables than HPT or EFiLive.

exxit 09-29-2017 05:00 PM

Rebumped... This seems to be a dormant issue considering a few of us are in the higher power ranges on the M6 platform and yet it's not a burning hot topic or well known at that.

I don't launch at 5k yet but It'd be nice to know if the torque tables are ****ing with me other than during launch.

exxit 05-09-2018 01:36 PM

Been almost a year since I've been wrestling with this issue mentally.

Pretty certain I will be getting rid of the car regardless of losses (either stripped to stock or buttoned up) if things aren't solved by August. Time to cut my losses and move to a better platform. Too many damn pitfalls when trying to make power on a decent budget. Granted, retail, i'm already in for like 9k in performance mods and labor. I won't count the accessories (wrap, wheels, blah blah)... If i dumped 9k at a S550 M6 right now, I'd be making more power and not falling faceflat artificially lol. I should have done more reading before I got the manual but here we are!

PolynesianPowerhouse 05-09-2018 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by exxit (Post 10178761)
Been almost a year since I've been wrestling with this issue mentally.

Pretty certain I will be getting rid of the car regardless of losses (either stripped to stock or buttoned up) if things aren't solved by August. Time to cut my losses and move to a better platform. Too many damn pitfalls when trying to make power on a decent budget. Granted, retail, i'm already in for like 9k in performance mods and labor. I won't count the accessories (wrap, wheels, blah blah)... If i dumped 9k at a S550 M6 right now, I'd be making more power and not falling faceflat artificially lol. I should have done more reading before I got the manual but here we are!

I don't know specifically if this will help or not, but there's a 3.7 beta version that's out. you have to send em an email and they'll send ya that version, but for torque management on the transmission side (automatics) the 3.7 beta has extra tables pertaining to that.

now does it have the same for manuals? I have ZERO clue, but it may be worth a call to HP tuners or email.

like said, I'm still learning/relearning the software, so I haven't delved into the 3.7 beta version yet. still on the 3.6.

exxit 05-09-2018 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PolynesianPowerhouse (Post 10178857)
I don't know specifically if this will help or not, but there's a 3.7 beta version that's out. you have to send em an email and they'll send ya that version, but for torque management on the transmission side (automatics) the 3.7 beta has extra tables pertaining to that.

now does it have the same for manuals? I have ZERO clue, but it may be worth a call to HP tuners or email.

like said, I'm still learning/relearning the software, so I haven't delved into the 3.7 beta version yet. still on the 3.6.

I think I'm going to get in touch with HP for an update and update here.

Doesn't seem like ANY tuner gives a flying **** to follow up about it because either A (not too many manual straight line guys) or B their hands are tied until HP figures it out.

In the meantime, i feel REALLY bad for ZL1 dudes experiencing this bog with zero way to recover from it and a word from the designers saying "just launch it right and the nanny won't kick it" Lol -___________________- Ain't nothing "right" about flying out of the hole according to stock specs. Now add more power. I'm sure i've beat this horse well into its 2nd afterlife at this point. Until then, having fun creaming peeps with less power playing the reeling in game or just roll racing.

Boost or bust 05-10-2018 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by exxit (Post 10178908)
I think I'm going to get in touch with HP for an update and update here.

Doesn't seem like ANY tuner gives a flying **** to follow up about it because either A (not too many manual straight line guys) or B their hands are tied until HP figures it out.

In the meantime, i feel REALLY bad for ZL1 dudes experiencing this bog with zero way to recover from it and a word from the designers saying "just launch it right and the nanny won't kick it" Lol -___________________- Ain't nothing "right" about flying out of the hole according to stock specs. Now add more power. I'm sure i've beat this horse well into its 2nd afterlife at this point. Until then, having fun creaming peeps with less power playing the reeling in game or just roll racing.

What did Hp Tuners say?

KingLT1 05-11-2018 09:24 AM

I have hpt 3.7 and it doesn't have any torque management adjustment for the M6. You can disable skip shift and a couple other things... that is about it. My guess is this timing pull on the launch is on the ECM side anyway.

exxit 05-14-2018 10:44 AM

For those that haven't seen it or think it is some sort of myth lol.

Shot email to HP, no reply yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVrkJlXA7bM

Atomic Ed 05-15-2018 02:42 PM

Exxit,

Can you be specific on which tables are locked?

Root 05-31-2018 12:56 AM

There’s a thread that might help you find a potential solution.
https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=493916

Seems these “tables” are not in the ECU for modification, but in the BCM and not accessible. But at the end of the dialogue there is a mention of type of solution that might work from LPE.

Hope this helps some.

exxit 06-08-2018 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Root (Post 10203033)
There’s a thread that might help you find a potential solution.
https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=493916

Seems these “tables” are not in the ECU for modification, but in the BCM and not accessible. But at the end of the dialogue there is a mention of type of solution that might work from LPE.

Hope this helps some.

This seems to sound reasonable, however, has anyone tried this with any success? I don't think I've read about anyone curing the bog and offering their experience about it.

exxit 06-11-2018 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Atomic Ed (Post 10185904)
Exxit,

Can you be specific on which tables are locked?

Sorry brother, my knowledge of the tables themselves is nill.

I just know from reading what others with more knowledge have said; "there is a torque table locked that shuts the throttle on launch"