CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Nav, Radar, Electronics (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=228)
-   -   What are your impressions on the 2SS stereo system? (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=468049)

thickstunalex 09-26-2016 11:39 AM

What are your impressions on the 2SS stereo system?

Like the title says. I have a 2SS vert on order, but the 24 hr drive test car we were given was a 1LT and the speakers were so, so. I'm curious to learn more about the speakers on the 2SS and your thoughts on them?

BowtieRocket 09-26-2016 11:49 AM

I think my 2SS stereo rocks! Bose speakers are always gtg

Glen e 09-26-2016 12:12 PM

I think it's pretty good, good enough I will not modify it. I've had the premium 13 SS system, the upgraded system in the new C7 Vette, and now this premium system. Of the three , this is the best, fade it slightly to the front, keep all the sliders someone in the middle and it's got pretty good performance....not a fan of Bose, but this will work.

BowtieRocket 09-26-2016 12:16 PM

I have the fade slightly to the back, with tone settings between half and full

bdavies11 09-26-2016 12:33 PM

It's decent for a stock system but it seems like the woofers in the doors handle all of the bass. The rear speakers are not great and seem to be just for fill which give poor imagining. They should have kept the fronts for mids and high's only and put a decent pair of woofers in the rear.

With good imaging you should be able to close your eyes and "imagine" where the instruments are being played from on a stage. In other words it shouldn't sound like the music is coming from any one particular location but with this system the "quality" sound is all coming from the front. Also, on any song with a lot of bass that's all I feel on my left leg which rests next the speaker in the door which is kind of annoying. If you fade to the rear, it doesn't really help cause the rear speakers kind of suck.

With all of that said, it's decent for what it is an I can live with it.

bseiter98 09-26-2016 12:36 PM

I think the stereo is weak and poor sounding. I traded in a 2013 Mustang GT Premium in on my 2SS and there is no comparison in sound quality. The stereo system I had in my Mustang is the ONLY item I prefer over everything else the 2SS has to offer. Just my opinion...

JFM-jr 09-26-2016 01:17 PM

Overall it sounds good but imo lacks a solid bassline. Could use a sub woofer. I had the Harmon Kardon system in my 2016 Subaru STI and it had an edge on this Bose due to the subwoofer.

bturner2 09-26-2016 01:22 PM

Not bad at all but you have to have it turned up. Just doesn't sound that good at lower levels to me. My 13 Ford Fusion with mid level stereo sound better at lower levels and worse at higher levels.

I certainly would not change out or modify. It still is very good for a stock system.

DeliveryMan 09-26-2016 01:24 PM

I have the 2SS...The BOSE stereo is pretty good.
I was never really into BOSE, but the speakers impressed me after having this car.

You will not notice it with Sirius XM (XM does not have good sound quality), you will need to listen to music on a flash drive or on your phone/MP3 player.

If you are listening to XM, I have a link below that goes into it a little bit.
There is nothing wrong with the selection on XM, but this link will explain a little about the lack of sound quality.

http://www.carstereochick.com/2015/0...buy-subscribe/

somewhatdamaged 09-26-2016 01:28 PM

If you're a big audiophile, the stock Bose will probably disappoint. If you are like me, and don't plan on installing a bunch of aftermarket stereo stuff and like to listen to music a lot; then I feel it's a great option. I listened to the 1SS system and the 2SS Bose and I noticed a big difference in quality. The MyLink system and all that it offers really makes it enjoyable to stream and the Android Auto is also nice. It's the best stock system I've had by far.

Slem 09-26-2016 01:54 PM

It's pretty good, I leave the fader in the factory position , on the slide controls my bass is about 3 or 4 digits heavier the mid and treble. Adding bass just enough to warm the overall sound. As far as the best factory system I have had , it was in my 2015 ATS premium

stars_fan 09-26-2016 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BowtieRocket (Post 9330071)
I think my 2SS stereo rocks! Bose speakers are always gtg

:bs: Most people don't like muddy sound.

Techn9cian805 09-26-2016 02:08 PM

I like mine. I'm a basshead tho, and could always use more, but compared to the alternative, the Bose system does well to keep me smiling and deafen me just right

BowtieRocket 09-26-2016 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stars_fan (Post 9330343)
:bs: Most people don't like muddy sound.

Awwww lol I have to say it's clear to me. As many said in comparison to other systems, this is pretty good. I'm no audiophile, and am thoroughly pleased with the 2SS system. To each their own I guess. I have Bose stereo speakers from the 90s that still sound great. :happyanim: