CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Nav, Radar, Electronics (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=228)
-   -   Banks iDash Super Gauge - PID/Alert Request (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=601013)

radz28 01-03-2022 10:44 AM

Banks iDash Super Gauge - PID/Alert Request

Hey all.

I want to start a thread where we can post PID and alert requests to Banks' Engineers. As some of you know, this gauge is a wealth of useful information and being able to create/customize alerts is something that really has me interested. I noticed a thread to add E-content some time ago, and it seemed to have, if nothing else, helped get that PID added to the list the iDash gives us access to.

My intent is to have a consolidated thread wherein we can post the data we'd like to see added to show Banks that there is interest in these additions and perhaps even lure new customers to their product. There is already several of us who have already taken the plunge, so I figure if we show enough support and reason for them to invest time and money into adding more features, we'll have a better chance at getting what we'd like to see.

Please post some PIDs and or alerts that you would like to see added to this product. Shoot - please post if you are interested in this product and having more data would get your to spend your money on a new iDash, or other Banks product. Please only post interest/requests in this thread (no reviews, please) so we can keep it neat and tidy, as I intend on referencing this thread directly to them. I encourage ALL of you to send them emails, too (techsupport@bankspower.com), as the more constructive noise we can make, the more they'll take us seriously, and want to invest in giving us what we're asking for. Anyone is welcome to constructively use what's in this thread for their own respective correspondence with Banks, too.

Thanks to anyone who posts here.

ZLE dude 01-04-2022 08:49 AM

Just thinking out loud, knock retard and injector pulse width would be awesome additions to the gauge.

swisstyphoon 01-05-2022 04:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZLE dude (Post 11116031)
Just thinking out loud, knock retard and injector pulse width would be awesome additions to the gauge.

I agree. The Banks Gauge is awesome, just missing the knock retard, and injector pulse with in ms. Hopefully they will add those two pid's in a future update.

radz28 01-05-2022 10:12 AM

Haven’t heard back from them yet, but fingers crossed!

Trochoidal 03-16-2022 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by radz28 (Post 11116459)
Haven’t heard back from them yet, but fingers crossed!

I dropped than an email last night following up on my previous email. Crickets today but they’re probably busy.

“Hello,

Today I’m following up to see what traction this request is making and if this is a firmware update you plan on making. Can you provide an update?“[/COLOR]

Trochoidal 04-09-2022 01:50 PM

I sure wish these request would get some attention from Banks. I believe I’ve sent them 4 emails requesting additional PID’s. I’m sure they have more to do than take care of customer requests like this, but it would only make the product better.

Are there other iDash owners making requests for PID’s?

radz28 04-09-2022 02:42 PM

They did release an update, which didn't include our requests, but I have received responses from them, and they keep saying they are sending our requests to their Engineering Department, so I think we have to keep sending messages. The louder (respectfully, of course) that we are, the better chance we get to get these added.

Everyone please keep sending them email and via social media.

Trochoidal 04-09-2022 02:46 PM

Sounds good! I’ve kept all of my requests respectful. A couple of my requests were answered stating they were forwarded to engineering too.

Trochoidal 12-04-2022 08:54 PM

3 Attachment(s)
So I did some digging since I noticed Banks displays “knock” on their ad for the iDash. I looked through the PID’s list and never found “knock” in any table from any manufacturer listed.

https://docs.bankspower.com/bids/

I also noticed a lot of the products relative to the iDash & accessories have limited availability. Maybe it’s a supply chain or another reason.

https://bankspower.com/collections/i...igital-monitor

Recently I sent another request to Banks that wasn’t connected to engineering about adding PID’s. A lot of us have sent request and didn’t get the results we hoped. What the heck, I’ll beat the horse one more time.

radz28 12-05-2022 12:51 PM

I even tried non-GM set-ups, available in their manufacturer list, that showed KNOCK, but it didn't work...

This is proving to be a dead-end, IMO, unfortunately...

radz28 01-24-2023 11:24 AM

Has anyone tried the latest update to see if they added anything for us, in spite of what they have somewhat recently stated?

clg82 02-02-2023 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by radz28 (Post 11275773)
Has anyone tried the latest update to see if they added anything for us, in spite of what they have somewhat recently stated?

How does one even update the iBanks?

Spaceme1117 02-02-2023 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clg82 (Post 11278722)
How does one even update the iBanks?

You need to download the update file and put it on a micro SD card. There is a slot on the face of the iDash where you insert the card then use the menu options for updating.

Looks like they released a new version (1.24) of the software in December of last year.

Going to install and see if anything was added.

radz28 02-03-2023 08:20 AM

Any updates for anything new for us?