CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   Wheels | Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=227)
-   -   SS 1LE Square Wheel Track Setup. (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=556801)

havasu486 06-20-2019 06:28 AM

SS 1LE Square Wheel Track Setup.

Looking for a square wheel setup for track use only. No spacer required prefer 19x11" Will be running -2.5 degrees front camber.

Are they any options out there?

JeromeS13 06-20-2019 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by havasu486 (Post 10549582)
Looking for a square wheel setup for track use only. No spacer required prefer 19x11" Will be running -2.5 degrees front camber.

Are they any options out there?

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/searc...rchid=63048455

Alpha1BC 06-20-2019 07:59 PM

I'd suggest checking out Apex wheels. Even if you don't like the wheels, it'll at least give you a good idea of what's out there. Guide can be found here.

I think it's gonna be tough to find something that wide that'll fit both the front and rear unless you've got camber plates and/or are grinding the strut bracket in the front. I'm running 19x10.5 ET22 square. With 2° camber and a 5mm spacer on the front I'm just kissing the strut bracket enough to rub paint off with wheel deflection on the track. To fit an 11" wheel comfortably you'll likely need a spacer and/or a lower offset wheel depending on how you're achieving the camber. Luckily, longer studs are readily available. ARP makes higher grade studs that are 0.5" or 1" longer, and the studs from the trucks are the same grade as OE and are about 5mm longer.

On the rear I don't have a spacer and it fits without rubbing although it pokes a bit more and widens track width a little bit due to the difference in offset compared to OE. This is also a downside to using a lower offset wheel in the front because that will only widen the rear trackwidth more and make them poke more.

IMO, consider going 10.5 or 10 instead of 11 to have an easier time getting a square setup, or go for a setup that uses staggered offset.

havasu486 06-21-2019 05:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alpha1BC (Post 10550402)
I'd suggest checking out Apex wheels. Even if you don't like the wheels, it'll at least give you a good idea of what's out there. Guide can be found here.

I think it's gonna be tough to find something that wide that'll fit both the front and rear unless you've got camber plates and/or are grinding the strut bracket in the front. I'm running 19x10.5 ET22 square. With 2° camber and a 5mm spacer on the front I'm just kissing the strut bracket enough to rub paint off with wheel deflection on the track. To fit an 11" wheel comfortably you'll likely need a spacer and/or a lower offset wheel depending on how you're achieving the camber. Luckily, longer studs are readily available. ARP makes higher grade studs that are 0.5" or 1" longer, and the studs from the trucks are the same grade as OE and are about 5mm longer.

On the rear I don't have a spacer and it fits without rubbing although it pokes a bit more and widens track width a little bit due to the difference in offset compared to OE. This is also a downside to using a lower offset wheel in the front because that will only widen the rear trackwidth more and make them poke more.

IMO, consider going 10.5 or 10 instead of 11 to have an easier time getting a square setup, or go for a setup that uses staggered offset.

Thanks, I currently have a set of Apex EC-7 on my GT350 but they required new studs and a 25mm spacer up front. I am hoping to avoid both if I can with my next track weapon. Its nice to know this is an option.

Apex Wheels 06-21-2019 09:52 PM

You can have a square 11" setup on your Camaro that fits both front and rear, but it cannot be rotatable. Our 19x11" ET11 fits the front of MRC equipped cars without the use of a spacer if you do not dial in too much negative camber via the factory spindle.

I highly recommend more than factory negative camber with the 11" front wheel as it does poke without it on an SS, therefor camber plates are an excellent idea from Vorshlag or Ground Control. Not only due to better tire wear, but without the fear of having wheel to strut contact.

- Cory