CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   Z/28 Discussions (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=298)
-   -   Is this the last chance for a 6th gen Z/28 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=574284)

semif18 03-29-2021 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MR's 2SS (Post 10969573)
So I remember wanting a Z/28 when the gen 5s came out. But wasnt in the market then. So now Im coming into this thread and looking back to 2015 and specs and add copy.
What Im thinking is they didnt sell well because they were too expensive. The manufacturers always seem to shoot themselvs in the foot when they have something truly desirable. Like now theres $100,000.00 C-8s available after all this talk about a $60,000.00 super car.
The spec Im reading on a 2015 Z/28 is 505 HP and I forget but pretty good torque. I couldnt find the weight. But the advertisement says starting at $75,000.00.
Considering today $50,000.00ish will buy you a nicely speced out 1LE with "only" 455 horse... Im thinking they could have sold much better at a lower price.
But admittedly I dont know whats really in the car. And I still want one.

I had a 2015 Z/28 for a couple of years. Sold it and regret it. I've said this before and it sounds cliche, but the Gen 5 Z/28 is truly "special". You just have to drive one to understand. Pure raw unfiltered analog car with an awesome engine, perfect gearing and linear power curve and fantastic manual transmission. Faster than people give it credit for. I LOVED the simplicity of the car. Manual seats, spartan interior, basic displays. It was built for one purpose and that, in my opinion, made it the baddest Camaro ever built (at least until the ZLE came out, which I own now). I love the ZLE but I actually wish it had the manual seats like the Z/28. If you are thinking of getting a Z/28 I wholeheartedly recommend it. I promise you will not be disappointed. They are awesome!

genxer 03-29-2021 12:52 PM

You're making me wish I bought one a few years ago, when I had $ confidence to pull the trigger. 5th gen's bulk was a hurdle for me. It's a shame they essentially only used the stripped Z/28 & LS7 as a way to market around the largest Camaro.

MR's 2SS 03-30-2021 09:28 PM

For me its always about not having the disposable income when I see something I love that I believe will be of value in the future.
In the 70s I had a few Vettes. One was a 69, 427 convertible. But all my cars were drivers then. One car at a time. I was trying to buy a 65 396 which at the time was I think around $7500. Which was a lot of money. Likely more than $100,000.00 now. I also almost bought a Ferrari 330 GT 2+2. Not a really desirable Ferrari but it had a carbed V-12 and Borrani wheels... But it was the 4 headlight one that from the front was ugly. 7 grand asking price but it smoked. I didnt buy it and watched them go sky high. A 36 Harley Knucklehead with side car. Matching numbers $10,000.00 asking... Likely worth a good 80 grand now. Those are just the ones I can remember that I didnt buy. Ohh the Cobras that were in the showroom with the 65 Vette??? They were $100,000.00.... this was maybe 1975... I was making 10 grand a year.... But what a steal... But it turns out the guy was a thief. It was called The Glass Car Company and he was selling the same car to multiple buyers and charging them storage... Then he tried to take off with a lot of peoples money....all I ended up buying was a T shirt.

2SSRS@Gen5diy 03-31-2021 02:49 PM

For any one that has not driven a 5th gen Z/28, you don't know what your missing, i know there are faster cars (there will all ways be faster cars) This car drives harder then a lot of cars, you can go deeper in to a turn before using your brakes, and come out with more speed then most cars, where it lacks is the long straights, if you ever get the opportunity to take one out, do so then come back and tell us what you think, i know lots of Porsche drivers that cant believe what the car can do.

Norm Peterson 04-04-2021 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quix (Post 10796811)
I hope it's not a crossover. I might buy an electric car but I'm not buying a crossover until I get so old that I can't bend my legs anymore.

I don't think we're seeing a Z28 either, after the ZL1 1LE, GM said they were done and I believe them. No reason for them to lie about that.

But it would be nice if enough of the right people felt that they spoke too soon.

Norm

Genob4c 05-05-2021 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2SSRS@Gen5diy (Post 10983805)
For any one that has not driven a 5th gen Z/28, you don't know what your missing, i know there are faster cars (there will all ways be faster cars) This car drives harder then a lot of cars, you can go deeper in to a turn before using your brakes, and come out with more speed then most cars, where it lacks is the long straights, if you ever get the opportunity to take one out, do so then come back and tell us what you think, i know lots of Porsche drivers that cant believe what the car can do.

Boy, you said it. Just got one. Had to wait 6 years to afford it, but bought it $10k under the sticker price, with only 2,000 miles and on original Trofeos. Holy hell, is it fun to drive. And with the A/C and good stereo, I could drive it daily. Probably won't, but I will drive it regularly. FUN!

Geno