CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=155)
-   -   Next upgrade, need advice (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=536758)

bkircher 08-20-2018 02:32 AM

Next upgrade, need advice

Hey there to all

So I'm in need of a little help as to what I should potentially do for my next upgrade, currently I have done a few external upgrades as far as LED lights and body parts, but I don't know what to do next as far as performance. the only performance upgrade that I currently have to my Camaro is a K & N Blackhawk intake, I don't know if you we call it a performance upgrade or not but I also have the throttle controller by vitesse.

My dilemma is this, I don't want to do anything that will throw the gas milage out the window as I feel like that is one of the main selling points of the vehicle. I'm trying to find something that will not only improve performance but will also maintain the great gas mileage that I'm currently getting. I understand that might sound a little weird to some people but that's just part of my thinking and what I want.

overall I'm a pretty light user as far as how I drive my vehicle, I don't ever take it to the track I don't ever do any street racing, I don't ever do any stop light racing or anything to that nature, the worst that I'll ever do is just accelerate hard on the freeway and are at stop lights from time to time, a great example is at my front to Goodyear stock factory tires have lasted me over 30, 000 miles. I do plan on getting the Michelin Pilot 4S tires next but I'm trying to think what's next in terms of what performance upgrade I should do next.

Soleil 08-20-2018 07:21 AM

- Header
- Camshaft
- force induction

If you use the car as you discribed no more (just a little) consumption after the mods.

But are those mods worth all the money if you dont use the power??????:frusty:

jdasnt3 08-20-2018 09:38 AM

With the bolt ons listed in my signature, I was able to avg 31MPG using 92 octane on long trips. With E85, 22MPG, but ran 11's on the stock tires. Best of both worlds, and my tune wasn't as aggressive as it could have been since I elected to keep AFM.

MR-02 08-20-2018 10:18 AM

Get the VTC throttle controller and a ported throttle body-incredible responsiveness difference for daily driving ....and easily removed for any dealer warranty issues.

bkircher 08-20-2018 01:17 PM

I already have the vtc throttle controller, I freaking love that thing.

bkircher 08-20-2018 01:22 PM

31mpg too?? Best ive ever got on the freeway was 25-27, thats impressive! Can you please be a little more descriptive with your addons, I know some stuff about the addons, but not everything.

jdasnt3 08-21-2018 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bkircher (Post 10287960)
31mpg too?? Best ive ever got on the freeway was 25-27, thats impressive! Can you please be a little more descriptive with your addons, I know some stuff about the addons, but not everything.

Yes, per the car's average mileage. Very solid. Does the modifications in my signature not make sense? Ported throttle body, ported intake, CAI, E85 flex fuel tune. That's it.

bkircher 08-24-2018 02:25 AM

Well I searched for your ported throttle intake and I didn't see it come up on fastproma website. I'm not really a gear head so I may know what some things are and not others.

jdasnt3 08-24-2018 06:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bkircher (Post 10291952)
Well I searched for your ported throttle intake and I didn't see it come up on fastproma website. I'm not really a gear head so I may know what some things are and not others.

You have to call them and ask for them. But since they are ported, you can also find those options through other vendors here, not just Fasterproms. They did the porting for me at their shop.

bkircher 08-25-2018 12:49 AM

If you don't mind me asking, how much did those addons cost you??

jdasnt3 08-27-2018 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bkircher (Post 10292880)
If you don't mind me asking, how much did those addons cost you??

Total with street tune? About $1200. We also changed the plugs to one range colder.

bkircher 09-01-2018 04:00 PM

That's not to bad, so how much was the intake and throttle body?

mbnwa 09-01-2018 07:03 PM

I would also look at Pray Performance, he does great work and can also do the tune for your car, I also sent you a PM about his ported TB / Intake.