CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   Photos | Videos | Renderings (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=225)
-   -   Official SATIN STEEL GRAY METALLIC 6th Gen Camaro Thread (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=526151)

Speak99 01-18-2021 11:02 AM

This color is nice, its a good shade between silver which i think is too light of a shade and the nightfall grey (which is too dark). You are right when you say that it looks, Metallic Grey, good on this car. I looked at the GMC silverado in grey...just not the same pop.

BTW....your rims are sweet.

The Maverick 01-18-2021 11:27 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Speak99 (Post 10939161)
BTW....your rims are sweet.

Thanks! Those may be the first photos in this thread to show SSM paired up with the factory-option forged aluminium wheels. I gave them a facelift by replacing the cheap looking black plastic "star" center cap with the same brushed-finish caps as came on my 2016, along with some McGard black-chrome lug nuts and locks

I know the darker wheels are all the rage these days, but I wanted something reminiscent of my Cragar S/S and Magnum 500 days. These wheels seemed to offer a nice compromise between getting that same sort of look, but without adding 2000 lbs of chrome to the car. (And the modern 20" Cragar S/S just looks anemic compared to the original style.)

Speak99 01-18-2021 11:44 AM

Yeah, Inoticed the Black star was missing. Very different for sure.

scapone4 02-01-2021 06:29 AM

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...4ea7db631d.jpg
feels good to be back


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Speak99 02-01-2021 12:10 PM

Very nice color.

Chutzpah 02-01-2021 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Maverick (Post 10939178)
Thanks! Those may be the first photos in this thread to show SSM paired up with the factory-option forged aluminium wheels. I gave them a facelift by replacing the cheap looking black plastic "star" center cap with the same brushed-finish caps as came on my 2016, along with some McGard black-chrome lug nuts and locks

I know the darker wheels are all the rage these days, but I wanted something reminiscent of my Cragar S/S and Magnum 500 days. These wheels seemed to offer a nice compromise between getting that same sort of look, but without adding 2000 lbs of chrome to the car. (And the modern 20" Cragar S/S just looks anemic compared to the original style.)


Good move with the silver center caps...I would have done the same thing. Looks awesome.

Speak99 02-02-2021 08:28 AM

I find that they grey reflects the color of the sky...even more than the other colors. So on a clear day, the car looks blue. On a cloudy day more whitish grey. In the evening when the sun sets on a clear day, it has a more redish/yellow glow. Its pretty neat. You need to be at the right angle to single out the grey color on this car.

19coupe 02-16-2021 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scapone4 (Post 10947461)
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...4ea7db631d.jpg
feels good to be back


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Very nice! Mines on it's way! I think...

Hitman84 02-28-2021 12:45 PM

Love the photos in this thread.
Last year I got rear ended in my 2018 hyper blue. Over 11k in damage and traded it in for an awd challenger once it was fixed.
Now that the honeymoon is over I really miss the camaro and thinking about coming back.
Got my thoughts on ordering a satin steel metallic with the shock and steel edition.

The Maverick 02-28-2021 11:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Out putting some break-in miles on the 3LT today and it seemed like there were more Camaros out and about than usual. The highlight was when I was stopped at a red light and a sharp looking blue 2nd gen Z/28 stopped behind me, and then a red 5th gen pulled up behind that. Impromptu Camaro family gathering!

I even got photo bombed by another 6th gen when I took a snapshot at one of my stops...

Shadow6 04-09-2021 08:36 AM

6 Attachment(s)
1LE Satin Steel

Speak99 04-09-2021 09:39 AM

Beauty....Its the grey and black together that makes it pop. :confused0068:

LikaRokBowTie 04-09-2021 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow6 (Post 10989393)
1LE Satin Steel

The color I ordered:bow: in 1SS trim with red kneepads, red seatbelt, illuminated sills, strut tower brace, now if only it gets built! But there's always 2022:happyanim:

bjbonentte 04-14-2021 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LikaRokBowTie (Post 10989765)
The color I ordered:bow: in 1SS trim with red kneepads, red seatbelt, illuminated sills, strut tower brace, now if only it gets built! But there's always 2022:happyanim:

Didn't they discontinue Satin steel for 2022. Good luck, hope you can still get your car.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:21 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.