CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   6th gen Camaro 1LE (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=296)
-   -   Any special way to lift my car? (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=589047)

Ghost_White 03-04-2021 04:28 PM

Any special way to lift my car?

Is there specific instructions to putting the 1LE on a lift? I know my Solstice has very specific lifting instructions or you bust panels and bend floors. I searched but didn't really find anything....

funked1 03-04-2021 04:55 PM

This video helped me a lot with jacks and stands. I would imagine it will help you some with the lift. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azDER9QSKE8

Ghost_White 03-04-2021 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by funked1 (Post 10966307)
This video helped me a lot with jacks and stands. I would imagine it will help you some with the lift.

Is there a printable version? Car is going for an oil change tomorrow and I'm terrified. The last time a dealer touched either of my babies, they ripped the exhaust off my Solstice, then they drove it and went past redline with it (it's tuned and redline is moved by 1k, it's a common thing with the LNF motor) and I had a bad vibration because it broke the timing chain guides. So I'm a bit concerned...that's all....LOL...

2SS Capt 03-04-2021 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ghost_White (Post 10966447)
Is there a printable version? Car is going for an oil change tomorrow and I'm terrified. The last time a dealer touched either of my babies, they ripped the exhaust off my Solstice, then they drove it and went past redline with it (it's tuned and redline is moved by 1k, it's a common thing with the LNF motor) and I had a bad vibration because it broke the timing chain guides. So I'm a bit concerned...that's all....LOL...

If you can do the oil yourself, I would HIGHLY recommend doing that, it isn't hard...

Ghost_White 03-05-2021 07:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2SS Capt (Post 10966460)
If you can do the oil yourself, I would HIGHLY recommend doing that, it isn't hard...

I would, but working in the dealer world, without previous recorded maintenance history, GM is not going to warranty any powertrain issues. And with no previous maintenance on file for this car (PO did it all himself), I want to start maintenance records.

FH212 03-05-2021 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ghost_White (Post 10966669)
I would, but working in the dealer world, without previous recorded maintenance history, GM is not going to warranty any powertrain issues. And with no previous maintenance on file for this car (PO did it all himself), I want to start maintenance records.

Do you have any local speed shops? I buy my oil and filter and take it to a local speed shop that has a drive on lift so no need to worry about lifting it. Did that for every oil change with my 2017 and first oil change on my 2021. Also you should invest in a set of the lifting blocks from ZL1 add ons.

MatthewAMEL 03-05-2021 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ghost_White (Post 10966669)

100% not accurate. You just have to prove you did the required mx. It does not need to be done by the dealer.

Vtor_ZL1 03-05-2021 01:34 PM

1 Attachment(s)
You'll probably need jack pads.. THICK ones (2.5"!) to get up to the piinch welds without crushing side skirts.

weekendroadwarrior 07-08-2022 08:11 PM

video above says it's private

I was interested in seeing the video posted by funked1 but it says it's private. I haven't seen that here before. Can anyone help with info how I can see this?
Thank you!

ZPirate 07-09-2022 06:45 AM

I invested in a low profile set of Race Ramps several years ago. Those work great for fluid changes. All you do is line them up and drive the car on them. They are also lightweight and easy to store in your garage.

ST1LE 07-09-2022 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZPirate (Post 11197718)
I invested in a low profile set of Race Ramps several years ago. Those work great for fluid changes. All you do is line them up and drive the car on them. They are also lightweight and easy to store in your garage.

Which ones did you get, the 10 inch?

crab 07-09-2022 10:05 AM

Zl1 Addons runs specials on the lift pads.

ZPirate 07-09-2022 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ST1LE (Post 11197783)
Which ones did you get, the 10 inch?

If you are referring to lift yes, they provide 10 inches of lift. Mine are 14 inches wide and two pieces on each side, a total of 67 inches long per side. I originally purchased them for my Z, which is even lower than my 1LE.

Printman 07-14-2022 12:05 PM

I bought 2 hockey pucks from Academy Sports and they worked perfectly until my ZL1 addons permanent jackpoint blocks came in.