CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=155)
-   -   Surcharge on custom order (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=599448)

CamaroWinz 11-15-2021 02:46 PM

Surcharge on custom order

I've talked to my 3 local dealers today and each of them is asking for a $5000 upcharge to order a '22 2SS. This same surcharge applies to any Camaro currently in inventory, as well.

This is unfortunate, because I'm not going to pay 5k over sticker for a new car. I'll either wait or I'll buy something else. Just curious if other folks are seeing this.

m6-lt1 11-15-2021 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CamaroWinz (Post 11097891)
I've talked to my 3 local dealers today and each of them is asking for a $5000 upcharge to order a '22 2SS. This same surcharge applies to any Camaro currently in inventory, as well.

This is unfortunate, because I'm not going to pay 5k over sticker for a new car. I'll either wait or I'll buy something else. Just curious if other folks are seeing this.

Seems to be the norm these days. If you want to pay "normal" prices or as close to normal as possible, you'll have to wait until the chip shortage has passed (probably sometime in 2023).

Jaxcam02 11-15-2021 02:58 PM

Yea, I am waiting to buy a new truck until a few months after the chip supply has returned to normal. Your best bet if you want something now is going to be buying used.

Jsreo 11-15-2021 03:05 PM

Quote:

Yeah, that’s insane, I will be looking to replace mine but I am not in a hurry (it was a toy & not a daily) so will wait until the chip shortage is behind us

Camarokid1996 11-15-2021 03:11 PM

Chip shortage or not, they should not be unchanging you anything, let alone 5 grand. Those are simply bad dealerships that should be avoided at all costs. I'd tell them to go F themselves and leave a bad review on Google. PLENTY of other dealerships to do business with. My dealer didn't upcharge me anything, just told me it will take longer to receive the car.

3.8TransAM 11-15-2021 03:18 PM

Id you do anything other than tell them to suck your @##@$$ you're part of the problem. Don't overpay and continue to shop dealers. I kicked ass on my 21 1LE by simply sending out the inquiry email on the Chevy site. Sent it out to 10-12 dealers, two bothered to respond intelligently even though I had spelled out exactly what I wanted. Ended up going with a small family owned 2 store dealer and got a great price. Also talk to Joe on the order info pages, no fuss no muss honest price.

FarmerFran 11-15-2021 03:21 PM

Quote:

How far are you willing to drive? Shop around. I went 1100 miles round trip to get mine. Saved a bunch of money doing it and had a freaking blast on the mini "vacation".

CamaroWinz 11-15-2021 03:24 PM

To be clear, I'm not even considering paying any sort of surcharge. I'll simply wait.

Or - and this is the cautionary note that I think GM needs to heed - I'll buy something else. I have 2 Audis and a VW Sportwagen right now and while I don't really *want* to buy anything other than an SS, I will if it comes down to a good deal on something else vs. waiting out this supply chain crap.

Life goes on.

Callaway SC630 11-15-2021 03:38 PM

Dave B (Dave B sells Chevy on Youtube)
Schumacher Chevrolet of Livingston
606 W Mount Pleasant Ave, Livingston, New Jersey 07039

I believe ordered cars are at sticker minus incentives.

Not affiliated, just watch his videos...

CamaroWinz 11-15-2021 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Callaway SC630 (Post 11097929)
Dave B (Dave B sells Chevy on Youtube)
Schumacher Chevrolet of Livingston
606 W Mount Pleasant Ave, Livingston, New Jersey 07039

I believe ordered cars are at sticker minus incentives.

Not affiliated, just watch his videos...

Thanks - I'll check him out.

kropscamaro16 11-15-2021 04:54 PM

did you see the guy on facebook that emailed a dealership about c8 z06 and told them they will be selling them at 200k over msrp haha

silstream 11-15-2021 05:01 PM

Agree this is getting crazy if that's reality. I'm still shopping round to get supplier pricing locally (I'll otherwise be happy to work with Joe - he's just 2400 miles away!) but whether I can secure that or not, I'm now curious what do we need in terms of order confirmation so that our price is locked or does the dealer always have the option of increasing the price after we've waited 4-6 months for delivery? Surely there has to be some protection/agreement as part of the original order that the originally agreed price must be honored?

sengli 11-15-2021 05:33 PM

Thats insane! The last several cars I bought, I wouldnt even consider buying them if I didnt get close to 20% off or more off sticker. I guess my days of even thinking about buying new vehicles is over.

jamala00 11-15-2021 06:04 PM

As everyone else is saying, that's insane. Everyone needs to simply let all these over priced vehicles sit. Why would you ever pay over MSRP for a vehicle that will just depreciate. That's simply crazy to me.