CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=231)
-   -   AWE Touring Exhaust (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=617558)

RideWithDanger 07-03-2023 08:52 AM

AWE Touring Exhaust

After doing a ton a research, and listening to every sound clip of every Camaro exhaust on YouTube, I pulled the trigger on the AWE Touring axle back exhaust. I absolutely love it! Stock NPP was awesome, but this just takes it to another level. The deep growl doesn't translate on camera how I wish it would, but it sounds so mean! No drone, no obnoxious sound, no rasp, just pure American muscle!

https://youtu.be/EscQfhHBnC4

dmcmahan60 07-03-2023 09:00 AM

Glad you are happy with it! I love mine:) And I get to daily drive it also:)

WiggyB 07-03-2023 09:10 AM

I like the way it sounds but man I just can't pull that trigger. Just paying the extra cost for the NPP already I'm beng a lil cheap I guess. Maybe one day since there really isn't much for me to do but the exhaust.

RideWithDanger 07-03-2023 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmcmahan60 (Post 11331972)
Glad you are happy with it! I love mine:) And I get to daily drive it also:)

Yes sir! Best sounding daily driver for sure. We have knew parking garage that should be finished soon and cold starts after work are going to be glorious!

RideWithDanger 07-03-2023 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WiggyB (Post 11331977)
I like the way it sounds but man I just can't pull that trigger. Just paying the extra cost for the NPP already I'm beng a lil cheap I guess. Maybe one day since there really isn't much for me to do but the exhaust.

I totally get that. Honestly I would not have even bothered with NPP for the very reason that I wanted an aftermarket exhaust, but it comes on the 1LE package so I had no choice. I did the fuse pull in my first week of owning the car. Cold starts are loud but its not enough for me to worry about my neighbors. Now, if I had headers and no cats, that would be a different story lol.

weekend_cruiser 07-03-2023 12:03 PM

One of the first things I change on any car I purchase is the exhaust. I was pleasantly surprised by how awesome and loud the stock NPP is. That however hasn't prevented me from listening to the exhaust options for the LT1/LT4 :). I think I have listened to all of them and like OP, the AWE touring sounds the best me.

I really like the stock NPP but I think it gets a tad raspy at times. I am fine with how loud the stock NPP is but wish it was slightly less raspy. AWE checks the box for me but unfortunately they don't offer an NPP option which I need in my neighborhood. As much I love the sound of the AWE touring, I am not willing to forgo the NPP functionality. If they offered an NPP option, I would buy in a heartbeat.

P.S. Here is to hoping AWE is listening and give they people what they want :)

Hotwheeltat 07-03-2023 12:51 PM

Secondary cat delete with AWE touring cat back. I get nothing but compliments on how good it sounds.

RideWithDanger 07-03-2023 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by weekend_cruiser (Post 11332046)
One of the first things I change on any car I purchase is the exhaust. I was pleasantly surprised by how awesome and loud the stock NPP is. That however hasn't prevented me from listening to the exhaust options for the LT1/LT4 :). I think I have listened to all of them and like OP, the AWE touring sounds the best me.

I really like the stock NPP but I think it gets a tad raspy at times. I am fine with how loud the stock NPP is but wish it was slightly less raspy. AWE checks the box for me but unfortunately they don't offer an NPP option which I need in my neighborhood. As much I love the sound of the AWE touring, I am not willing to forgo the NPP functionality. If they offered an NPP option, I would buy in a heartbeat.

P.S. Here is to hoping AWE is listening and give they people what they want :)

If they kept the NPP option, this would have been a no brainer from the beginning. I was okay sacrificing the NPP but I know plenty of people who arent, and unfortunately AWE is missing out on that market.

RideWithDanger 07-03-2023 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hotwheeltat (Post 11332068)
Secondary cat delete with AWE touring cat back. I get nothing but compliments on how good it sounds.

I have considered doing the secondary cat delete. I know on the stock NPP system all it does is add a bit of rasp and volume at high RPMs, but with the AWE Touring I bet that added rasp isnt an issue.

weekend_cruiser 07-03-2023 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RideWithDanger (Post 11332075)
If they kept the NPP option, this would have been a no brainer from the beginning. I was okay sacrificing the NPP but I know plenty of people who arent, and unfortunately AWE is missing out on that market.

For sure. I hope AWE reconsiders.

302crossram 07-03-2023 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by weekend_cruiser (Post 11332176)
For sure. I hope AWE reconsiders.

yep if they offered npp, I'd fo :cool:

Hotwheeltat 07-05-2023 07:39 AM

For me the only good thing about the NPP exhaust is the quad tips. I would have left them open 24/7. Don't miss them being there at all.

WhiteMale 07-05-2023 07:53 AM

I had lots of sound compliments on my 1LE with the AWE Touring AB. My chrome tips though didn't last too long before they were flaking and pitting and starting to wear in the plating. I sold the car before it really got bad and thought I'd have to start looking to replace the tips. For my ZL1 I used MBRP and upgraded to a carbon fiber set of tips that was stainless so there was no chance of corrosion and stuff like I had starting with AWE.

Joshinator99 07-05-2023 09:45 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteMale (Post 11332607)
I had lots of sound compliments on my 1LE with the AWE Touring AB. My chrome tips though didn't last too long before they were flaking and pitting and starting to wear in the plating. I sold the car before it really got bad and thought I'd have to start looking to replace the tips. For my ZL1 I used MBRP and upgraded to a carbon fiber set of tips that was stainless so there was no chance of corrosion and stuff like I had starting with AWE.

Weird. My AWE Touring tips are 4 years old and still look like the day they were installed! And the car isn’t babied either lol… ;)