CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=226)
-   -   Private Offers (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=527117)

Cookie Monster 04-25-2018 05:44 AM

Private Offers

Does anyone know if the $1000 private offers are still available?
I used to use them all the time about 3-4 years ago and weren’t sure if they still offer them or not.

indyz 04-25-2018 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cookie Monster (Post 10161585)
Does anyone know if the $1000 private offers are still available?
I used to use them all the time about 3-4 years ago and weren’t sure if they still offer them or not.

To answer your question, I have not seen that lately. But I have not really tried too hard.

Dealers here are cagey about the exact breakdown on discounts. They were willing to add in $2000-3000 in discounts of their own and this was apart from the $1000 current rebate/incentive and supplier or educator discounts. That's on a 2018. I did not try for the 2017 new cars since the dealers that still have those, well, let's just say, there is a reason for that.

Cookie Monster 04-25-2018 10:51 AM

Yea I feel ya. I am looking for an 18 so that helps. I was told people were using them as recent as November 2017. I just can’t find one like I used to. The month is coming to an end so I was hoping they were at least available.

ZBov82 04-25-2018 12:12 PM

I've been in the market for a 2SS 1LE for about a month now. I haven't noticed any private offers, but I thought I'd offer a negotiating tip based on my experiences:

Take a look at Ford Mustangs in your area to see how big of a discount to MSRP they're at. I'm in Ohio, and Ford is offering a $2,000 cash rebate. Meanwhile, Chevy isn't offering any incentives in my area. I've gone into Chevy dealers and shown them the (much lower) price on comparable MSRP Mustangs, and they've been willing to come down on their price based on that. Simply put, Camaro pricing in my area just isn't competitive with the Mustang. Combine that with ugly Camaro sales numbers to start the year and a 2019 refresh on the horizon, dealers are going to have to come down on price.

Cookie Monster 04-25-2018 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZBov82 (Post 10162106)
I've been in the market for a 2SS 1LE for about a month now. I haven't noticed any private offers, but I thought I'd offer a negotiating tip based on my experiences:

Take a look at Ford Mustangs in your area to see how big of a discount to MSRP they're at. I'm in Ohio, and Ford is offering a $2,000 cash rebate. Meanwhile, Chevy isn't offering any incentives in my area. I've gone into Chevy dealers and shown them the (much lower) price on comparable MSRP Mustangs, and they've been willing to come down on their price based on that. Simply put, Camaro pricing in my area just isn't competitive with the Mustang. Combine that with ugly Camaro sales numbers to start the year and a 2019 refresh on the horizon, dealers are going to have to come down on price.

I’ve done that. I’m just trying to get these last bit of money out of them lol

ZBov82 04-25-2018 12:30 PM

Haha, nice! Let me know if you have any other tips that have worked for you. I'm in the same boat - just trying to get the price down a bit more to feel like I'm getting a good deal. The internet prices I'm seeing here in Ohio are frustrating - I'm seeing much better pricing in other regions (IL, MI) that I'm not eligible for

Cookie Monster 04-25-2018 04:58 PM

No prob, I tried all the remedies and they only seem to grant me a free quote thus far.
I had probably the pp of them lol. That and a few surveys