CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=155)
-   -   car stuck in quality control (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=606234)

exscat 06-04-2022 05:25 PM

car stuck in quality control

was told my car isnt being delivered because it was pulled for quality control. i read that how this happens is that every 5th car or so gets pulled aside after build and the whole process takes 2 weeks or more for testing, cleaning, diagnostics blah blah blah. has anyone ever heard of this

Camden45 06-04-2022 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by exscat (Post 11183046)
was told my car isnt being delivered because it was pulled for quality control. i read that how this happens is that every 5th car or so gets pulled aside after build and the whole process takes 2 weeks or more for testing, cleaning, diagnostics blah blah blah. has anyone ever heard of this

First I've heard. Was your car waiting for a rail car/transport when it got pulled? Did it ever go into 4200 event status?

2SS LT1 06-04-2022 06:24 PM

QC Audit

Yes, it happened to my GMC Sierra, not sure about every 5th one.
My truck had a paint mark on every fastener underneath the truck. Presumably to check the torque of each nut and bolt.
You will see some paint marks on key fasteners on all GM cars, especially suspension components. My new 2SS has blue paint marks on the control arms.

Matt1LE 06-04-2022 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by exscat (Post 11183046)

Might be something new they implemented recently. (with in the last 2 years) If true, I'd guess they had issues with quality due to the constant stop and start back up production lines. But that's a guess.

N Camarolina 06-04-2022 07:06 PM

Although it's a bummer from a time standpoint, I'd try to look at it as a positive. Namely, you will be getting a car where a lot of things have to checked to make sure it's been put together right.

Flyer 06-04-2022 10:10 PM

Had a QC pull on my 2016 2ss as well...

My 2016 2SS was also pulled for QC. And, so far, it has been a perfect car. Long story short: it is like getting a free thorough inspection and repair if they find anything wrong. Not necessarily a bad thing.

CamaroDreams76 06-04-2022 11:52 PM

This sucks but is a good thing. My 13 1LE got held. My uncle who retired from GM told me it was a good thing. He told me they basically disassemble the car and then reassemble it. My car has also been perfect. 9 years old. Almost 71k

Camden45 06-05-2022 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CamaroDreams76 (Post 11183138)
This sucks but is a good thing. My 13 1LE got held. My uncle who retired from GM told me it was a good thing. He told me they basically disassemble the car and then reassemble it. My car has also been perfect. 9 years old. Almost 71k

Uhhhh... What??!

LeonardS 06-05-2022 04:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CamaroDreams76 (Post 11183138)

That’s not true. I was at the factory when my 94 Z28 was built. Since I was there, they pulled my car for QC. There was no disassembly during the process. They test drove the car, ran it through a water test to check for leaks, checked over fasteners, shifter, panel fit and finish, etc. No parts were removed in the process. You do get a few extra stickers on the windshield.:)

LT4Greg 06-05-2022 08:06 AM

Yes I have heard of that process before and there’s really nothing to be concerned about. Think of a quality check as a good thing as that’s the way I see it. Good luck and at least you will get your car hopefully sooner than others waiting for theirs since you are in Michigan.��

HDRDTD 06-05-2022 08:58 AM

I seriously doubt that when the comment was made about disassembling and reassembling the car was made that they meant it literally. It was probably just a figure of speech

There can be many levels /degrees of QC inspection. It could mean just a concentrated inspection of a certain area of interest, or it could be a complete precision measurement of various surfaces to compare them with factory specs, it could mean for example, rather than measuring a few panel gaps with a go/no go gauge to measuring all the panel gaps precisely, etc, etc.

The bottom line is, that they are just going to take a closer look at the build of your car in some way or manor.
That's a good thing.

nprario 06-05-2022 09:06 AM

Just curious, how do you check the torque of a TTY bolt?

discgolf01 06-05-2022 05:49 PM

Its a good thing, as mentioned it goes through additional static and dynamic tests. Happens to about 10-15 per day. When mine was being built, I had my buddy in GM flag my VIN so it purposely got held for QC evaluation. No problems since delivery other than a piece of dirt in the paint.

DPILK44 06-12-2022 08:03 PM

Batch hold on new Camaro’s

I work at a Chevrolet dealership in Indiana and I called Lgr security that does security for the Camaro’s in Lansing Michigan and they told me last week that there was a batch hold on them but couldn’t tell me why. I have a new LT1 Camaro ordered and the Gm website shows it was built exactly one month ago but it’s just sitting in the lot at the assembly plant.