CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=155)
-   -   Camaro 1LT vs Mustang EcoBoost Head to Head Review by Throttle House (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=562606)

Tran 09-25-2019 10:22 AM

Camaro 1LT vs Mustang EcoBoost Head to Head Review by Throttle House

James and Thomas take the new 2019 Ford Mustang EcoBoost and pit it against the Chevrolet Camaro 1LT. They are price-matched, and both four-cylinder turbocharged pony cars. They have comfort options and are both autos. The boys explore the cars driving dynamics and what they are like to live with every day. Can the Camaro's four-cylinder turbo entry compete with the icon that is the mustang? Exterior and interior styling comparisons help figure out which one takes it in the looks department, and the back roads do the rest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnBoSuaNYik

HCI2000SS 09-25-2019 10:41 AM

Saw that earlier. If the Camaro had a drag mode like the Mustang it might of been a tad closer. I'm really more curious how the V6 Camaro stacks up against it

MackSteelPrivateEye 09-25-2019 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tran (Post 10627168)
James and Thomas take the new 2019 Ford Mustang EcoBoost and pit it against the Chevrolet Camaro 1LT. They are price-matched, and both four-cylinder turbocharged pony cars. They have comfort options and are both autos. The boys explore the cars driving dynamics and what they are like to live with every day. Can the Camaro's four-cylinder turbo entry compete with the icon that is the mustang? Exterior and interior styling comparisons help figure out which one takes it in the looks department, and the back roads do the rest.

Camaro LT1 is a V8.:facepalm:

Mighty Mouce 09-25-2019 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tran (Post 10627168)

Exhaust sounds like a hoover Vacuum.

Need4Camaro 09-25-2019 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MackSteelPrivateEye (Post 10627243)
Camaro LT1 is a V8.:facepalm:

It says 1LT not LT1.

Blue_6.2 09-25-2019 01:03 PM

They are NOT "price matched".

See 1:29 and 2:31.

Allow me to compare this shiny red apple to this highly textured orange.

MackSteelPrivateEye 09-25-2019 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Need4Camaro (Post 10627260)
It says 1LT not LT1.

Why must GM keep using similar confusing names? I'm so confused.:facepalm:

Need4Camaro 09-25-2019 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MackSteelPrivateEye (Post 10627324)
Why must GM keep using similar confusing names? I'm so confused.:facepalm:

Coincidence. 1LT model vs LT1 engine which graduated into a model. Personally I would not have minded if they left it as a 1LT with an 'optional V8'

Petrol Head 09-26-2019 07:01 AM

Yeah someone in the RenCen should have picked up that 1LT and LT1 would just confuse the heck out of everyone.

Imagine salesmen at dealers........

"I'd like to look at an LT1 Camaro"

"We have this nice V6 and a couple of turbo 4's out back"

"No, the LT1, not the 1LT"

"But the LT1 is a 1LT with a V8"

"I thought the LT1 was either turbo 4 or V6"

"That's the 1LT"

"Then what's the V8 engine code?"

"LT1"

"But isn't that in the SS?"

"Who's on first?"

"I don't know"

"Third base!!"

Petrol Head 09-26-2019 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Need4Camaro (Post 10627639)
Coincidence. 1LT model vs LT1 engine which graduated into a model. Personally I would not have minded if they left it as a 1LT with an 'optional V8'

That's EXACTLY what they should have done.

Instead of the "LT1" badge on the fender it would simply have "6.2 liter" as the designation of what's under the hood.

whiteboyblues2001 09-26-2019 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Petrol Head (Post 10627767)
Yeah someone in the RenCen should have picked up that 1LT and LT1 would just confuse the heck out of everyone.

Imagine salesmen at dealers........

"I'd like to look at an LT1 Camaro"

"We have this nice V6 and a couple of turbo 4's out back"

"No, the LT1, not the 1LT"

"But the LT1 is a 1LT with a V8"

"I thought the LT1 was either turbo 4 or V6"

"That's the 1LT"

"Then what's the V8 engine code?"

"LT1"

"But isn't that in the SS?"

"Who's on first?"

"I don't know"

"Third base!!"

You will have a much easier time guessing NSA's wifi password than figuring this stuff out...

Idaho2018GTPremium 09-26-2019 11:58 AM

About as expected. Camaro the better balanced/sports car because of the alpha chassis. The Mustang better in essentially everything else but still a good sports car. Why is this not in the vs. section?

whiteboyblues2001 09-26-2019 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Idaho2018GTPremium (Post 10627947)
About as expected. Camaro the better balanced/sports car because of the alpha chassis. The Mustang better in essentially everything else but still a good sports car. Why is this not in the vs. section?

I feel the same, except that I think the Mustang's higher HP and Tq are enough to make this favor the Mustang more than they make it out in the video.

Not that I'm complaining, but I wish they would have tested the V6 Camaro with the Mustang, because that was the original intent with both of those engines. The T4 was an upgrade from the V6 (before it went away) in the Mustang, and vice versa for the Camaro. Plus, that would have put the pricing closer to the same anyway.

MackSteelPrivateEye 09-26-2019 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whiteboyblues2001 (Post 10627801)
You will have a much easier time guessing NSA's wifi password than figuring this stuff out...

I think GM makes a great product but their marketing truly sucks to the point of being just plain stupid. Still have yet to see a badass Camaro ad on TV or the Net. In fact I haven't seen a cool Chevy ad since, since I can't remember when.:confused: