CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Nav, Radar, Electronics (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=228)
-   -   Banks iDash Super Gauge (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=560206)

G2K 08-13-2019 03:57 PM

Banks iDash Super Gauge

I about to purchase an OBD2 gauge and came across this one.

https://www.bankspower.com/i-2591-66...SABEgKqd_D_BwE

I really dislike the 90s sceen of the Aeroforce and dont want the size of the Ngauge....

This Banks looks IMO very good and modern for just about the price of an aeroforce (a tad more)

My questions are:
- Does anyone use it on a camaro?
- Thoughts?
- Can you read Ethanol content?
(this would be my deal breaker as this is the main reason why I'm purchasing a gauge in the first place)

I will need boost, IAT, Fuel banks (which their PID list shows they do read)
However E% isnt on the list.)

But not being on the list doesn't mean it doesn't read it, for example, Aeroforce doesnt have E% on their PID list either but I know 100% they do read them as I had a gauge from them for a couple of weeks (a loaner)

Thanks in advance guys

DorkMissile 08-13-2019 06:52 PM

I can't speak for the Banks or Even NGauge, however I do use a Aem X-Series OBD2 gage and will say if you plan on doing any logging with HP Tuners that you have to unhook the OBD gage as you will run into data stream logging.

I bring it up so that if you mount something like this make sure you have access to some way to disconnect it easily. I had everything on a OBD - T Splitter as I have a logging wideband also. Everything looked nice and clean up behind the dash until I started running into freezing log files LOL

G2K 08-13-2019 08:22 PM

Thanks. I currently have the AEM xseries AFR gauge. And will have this connected in pair for daily driving. Disconnect the obd2 reader when using the hp tuners. I have no issue with that. This will be more for E content reading and other data for normal driving

Joshinator99 08-13-2019 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G2K (Post 10595371)
I about to purchase an OBD2 gauge and came across this one.

https://www.bankspower.com/i-2591-66...SABEgKqd_D_BwE

I really dislike the 90s sceen of the Aeroforce and dont want the size of the Ngauge....

This Banks looks IMO very good and modern for just about the price of an aeroforce (a tad more)

My questions are:
- Does anyone use it on a camaro?
- Thoughts?
- Can you read Ethanol content?
(this would be my deal breaker as this is the main reason why I'm purchasing a gauge in the first place)

I will need boost, IAT, Fuel banks (which their PID list shows they do read)
However E% isnt on the list.)

But not being on the list doesn't mean it doesn't read it, for example, Aeroforce doesnt have E% on their PID list either but I know 100% they do read them as I had a gauge from them for a couple of weeks (a loaner)

Thanks in advance guys

This Banks unit looks way better than the Aeroforce unit! Interested to find out the answer regarding E% as well.

Update: I just sent Banks tech support an email to ask this question. I’ll post their reply as soon as I get it.

Grumpy1 08-14-2019 12:46 PM

I agree these definitely look much better than the Aeroforce gauges, more up to date.
Depends on the performance...........

G2K 08-14-2019 01:31 PM

So, I got a call back from Banks this morning and CURRENTLY no E85 reading... WHAT A BUMMER.... their engineers are currently developing this PiD for the gauge but no time frame was given to me. Really sucks, I just love the features and how you can personalize however you want. Weird that few people in the Camaro community know about it. I guess its just we follow trends and dont look outside the box.

Anyway, they said they are very close to cracking it.. but not yet. Whats cool is you can update the gauge yourself. Not needing to send it in and spend more $$$.

I'll see how much I can wait it out before just giving up and get "what everyone has"

Grumpy1 08-14-2019 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G2K (Post 10596155)
So, I got a call back from Banks this morning and CURRENTLY no E85 reading... WHAT A BUMMER.... their engineers are currently developing this PiD for the gauge but no time frame was given to me. Really sucks, I just love the features and how you can personalize however you want. Weird that few people in the Camaro community know about it. I guess its just we follow trends and dont look outside the box.

Anyway, they said they are very close to cracking it.. but not yet. Whats cool is you can update the gauge yourself. Not needing to send it in and spend more $$$.

I'll see how much I can wait it out before just giving up and get "what everyone has"

Could be when looking at their website there is no mention about cars, all trucks.
People could just overlook it.
Didn't know until now this is part of Gale Banks Eng., that's a name that's been around for awhile.

G2K 08-14-2019 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grumpy1 (Post 10596222)
Could be when looking at their website there is no mention about cars, all trucks.
People could just overlook it.
Didn't know until now this is part of Gale Banks Eng., that's a name that's been around for awhile.

Yeah you right, could be one of the reasons.

TheBusDriver 08-14-2019 05:43 PM

Yeah, I mean this gauge is really built for Diesel trucks.

I don't think any Diesel guys are gonna be doing Flex Fuel kits. lol

Tazz3069 08-14-2019 06:24 PM

i think i this this gauge. i wonder how well it will work with our cars?

Joshinator99 08-14-2019 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G2K (Post 10596155)

Wow, too funny. I also got a call from Banks, and they told me 2-4 weeks for their engineering to add that flexfuel PID. They also said that if I don’t hear from them after a month, to feel free to reach out to them again. He also told me he talked to a guy from Florida about this too...Must have been you, G2K! But they sounded very positive that they would get this done soon. I told them my HP Tuners setup could do it, so no reason they cannot.

So, I’m going to wait for this Banks one to get up to speed. Looks much nicer than the Aeroforce. My brother has the Banks in his Denali HD Duramax and it’s really nice.

forcefedjunkie 08-14-2019 09:20 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Grumpy1 (Post 10596105)
I agree these definitely look much better than the Aeroforce gauges, more up to date.
Depends on the performance...........

I think looks are debatable, the Banks is very utilitarian vs the Aeroforce which has a more classic look with countless customization options and machined aluminum bezels. Does the Banks have anything besides the black plastic bezel and face? The Aeroforce also has fan and IC pump activation and about 60 enhanced parameters like IAT2, IAT3, Inj DC, Ethanol %. I admit I don't know what all the Banks supports. Does it support enhanced parameters?

mjoneil 08-14-2019 09:36 PM

I did the P3 gauge for AFR. But with boost, AFR and ethanol you need to add on more parts which gets up to like $600. But it's clean

https://i.imgur.com/5PDzr3Q.jpg

Vtor_ZL1 08-14-2019 09:40 PM

What we need is that data on center screen... GTR style.