CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   6th gen Camaro 1LE (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=296)
-   -   Actual Value of PDR? (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=536469)

800MXZ 08-15-2018 10:39 PM

Actual Value of PDR?

I hope it is OK to ask - I am closing later this week on a 2018 1SS 1LE, and I have a choice between two cars the same color that I want (Hyper) but one has PDR, one does not.

Now that people have been living with the PDR for a year, is it worth $1300 to you?

I understand for the application to track the car where it can be invaluable, but for me outside of two or maybe three low lever AutoX events a year, it would just be a traffic camera.

Would you spend the $1300 on it twice?

JonD 08-15-2018 10:47 PM

Yes!
Track cam, daily dash cam, film car roll race cam... the fun factor never ends

Tulsa_SS 08-15-2018 10:54 PM

Yes! The data you get with the video recording shows everything going on with the car. The Cosworth Toolbox is free. You can run videos in it side by side to compare your runs on screen.

R3ctivision 08-15-2018 11:03 PM

I'd say yes. It's cheap for what it is if you are into performance driving. Aftermarket telemetry is $$$. However, the image quality is very circa-2010 quality. That's fine I guess, the data for learning is more important.

I never use it on the street as a dash cam. More likely to incriminate myself than anyone else LOL

800MXZ 08-16-2018 04:46 AM

Thanks everyone

Boost Creep 08-16-2018 06:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R3ctivision (Post 10283933)
I'd say yes. It's cheap for what it is if you are into performance driving. Aftermarket telemetry is $$$. However, the image quality is very circa-2010 quality. That's fine I guess, the data for learning is more important.

I never use it on the street as a dash cam. More likely to incriminate myself than anyone else LOL

lol
I've thought of that.
Something happens, accident I witness, and I hand over my SD card to the police, they have a blast calculating all my violations and forget why they have the card to begin with.
:doh:

Move_Over 08-16-2018 06:53 AM

Worth double the money. That info on the cosworth is priceless!

Pollock 08-16-2018 06:59 AM

I have one. I have recorded every track session I have did and I have maybe watched 3 minutes of the video. So its kinda worthless for me. I dont have time or dont want to make time to watch. I dont watch tv either so...

6sigma 08-16-2018 07:30 AM

I had it on my 16 CTS-V and I'm not sure I'd spend $1300 on it again. I used it for track events and occasionally on the street, but it was mostly a novelty. The information is very impressive, and trying to reproduce what it does in the aftermarket would cost much more, but since I don't track that often and am not a pro racer, its actual value to me was questionable. If I had a choice of the exact same car with or without it, I would probably save the money (knowing that I would rarely use it). It is very cool though!

KCelsius 08-16-2018 07:43 AM

TLDR, it all comes down to if you're going to track your car since that's where this is most valuable.

On the flip side, you could possibly negotiate pricing of PDR if they only have vehicles with PDR built in and can't trade for one without.

Ryephile 08-16-2018 08:42 AM

It's completely worth the price if you're a track rat or data hound looking to understand the car and improve your driving.

Uncle Sam 08-16-2018 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryephile (Post 10284144)
It's completely worth the price if you're a track rat or data hound looking to understand the car and improve your driving.

This, plus it is cool to have a record of driving at various tracks. "Yeah, I drove at Daytona ... blah, blah, blah ..."

Argument against: $1,300 is a lot of money for what is barely useful to some. It is well worth $1,300 for entertainment for me. Same can be said for the NPP exhaust; so worth $$$ for the fun of it but not necessary.

I'd save the money if I were you.

MATTY-1LE 08-16-2018 09:41 AM

PDR yes worth it, HUD, i never use that thing

MJP 08-16-2018 11:28 AM

It's worth it.. You don't have a silly GoPro abortion attached and hanging to your Rear View Mirror or Windshield frame making the interior of your ride look like the vehicles that were running around chasing Tornadoes in the movie Twister.
Speaking of Twister.....
I just watched Twister for the first time this past weekend.
Actress Helen Hunt?
Did she or did she not show an awesome rack in that movie?
That's all I remember about the Movie... Helen's well nourished physique and those dorks\nerds riding around with those wired up trucks.
Though, I think they won the Tornado fight. There was fairy tale music playing at the end of the movie.