CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=155)
-   -   6th Gen Reveal Location POLL (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=388935)

Millertime555 12-20-2014 02:42 PM

6th Gen Reveal Location POLL

Which event do you think the 6th Generation will be revealed at? (As per LesserO2Evils' suggestion)

oklapike 12-20-2014 05:02 PM

I voted other. I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for Detroit, but we haven't seen any sort of teaser to support that (watch me have to eat my words when GM gives us something after Christmas). Right now, I'm leaning towards some kind of special event just for the Camaro.

sonnydurden 12-20-2014 05:27 PM

My thing is if they wait until New York, I don't see how production to the sales floor will happen in 2016. Remember the C7 was unveiled in January and were on the streets in October of that year. Detroit makes the most sense. But with no announcement as of yet makes me doubt it..

mr02Z/28 12-20-2014 06:49 PM

I hopefully will see more info very very soon, I'm looking to buy a Camaro SS and if the reveal is worth waiting for I'm in for a 2016 Camaro SS .... although I like the 20% rebate on the remaining 2014/2015 Camaro SS ....

RLHMARINES 12-20-2014 10:31 PM

I see GM not releasing the car until closer to build out date to keep ford from stealing their thunder as they seem to always try and muddy the waters so to speak when it comes to Camaro debuts lately. I would guess a short time like April debut with a build out date in July so ford could not rush a late minute change for the mustang in the '16 model year. JMHO. We know ford will offer some improvements come the second year of production for the mustang, just to piss on Chevy's parade. I'm itching to see the new generation sooner rather than later but we have to hold our cards close to the vest.

hotlap 12-21-2014 09:36 AM

I chose Detriot as a wish. Please, please, please... :pray:

fradaj 12-21-2014 07:25 PM

Didn't they reveal the C5 in San Diego and let all the Magazine people drive them? Maybe they will do that again.

RLHMARINES 12-21-2014 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fradaj (Post 8125797)
Didn't they reveal the C5 in San Diego and let all the Magazine people drive them? Maybe they will do that again.

The production model and prototype debut was in Detroit but the ride and drive in the production model for the journalists was indeed located in San Diego.

DrkPhx 12-21-2014 11:51 PM

It has to be in Detroit. That's where they're building it now, so to me it seems only natural.

Bhobbs 12-22-2014 12:21 AM

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1...onds?fbfanpage

So the specs of the CTS-V are out. Maybe the 6th gen is going to be the big reveal at Detroit.

Millertime555 12-22-2014 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bhobbs (Post 8126205)
http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1...onds?fbfanpage

So the specs of the CTS-V are out. Maybe the 6th gen is going to be the big reveal at Detroit.

I agree, I'm personally one of the ones who has been planning on a Detroit unveiling, but the CTS-V unveiling has made me believe it even more so.

HDRDTD 12-22-2014 10:29 AM

If the new CTS-V is to be unveiled at NAIAS, then I can see GM holding off on the Camaro 6th gen till a later show so it doesn't detract from the attention the CTS-V will get.

Bhobbs 12-22-2014 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HDRDTD (Post 8126695)
If the new CTS-V is to be unveiled at NAIAS, then I can see GM holding off on the Camaro 6th gen till a later show so it doesn't detract from the attention the CTS-V will get.

With the CTS-V specs out 3 weeks before hand, it will be old news at the show.

I'm thinking it's Detroit for sure now.

fradaj 12-22-2014 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RLHMARINES (Post 8126059)
The production model and prototype debut was in Detroit but the ride and drive in the production model for the journalists was indeed located in San Diego.

You are right, the C5 was unveiled at the 2009 Detroit Auto Show. Maybe there is a chance we will see the C6 in Detroit again.

ilirg 12-22-2014 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bhobbs (Post 8126795)
With the CTS-V specs out 3 weeks before hand, it will be old news at the show.

I'm thinking it's Detroit for sure now.

Yup

alcal1084 12-22-2014 01:25 PM

The Camaro is a very big deal to GM. I can't see them unveiling it at any other show. my question is why would it matter what other cars they bring to the show none of them have anything to do with Camaro. If your plans are to buy a CTS-V then you could care less about the camaro or vise versa. In fact I expect them to show the new volt Cruze and Malibu too.

MBS 12-22-2014 06:38 PM

I heard on the Z-28 podcast they said no way Detroit or Chicago , Still hoping Chicago might happen

RLHMARINES 12-22-2014 07:59 PM

The practical side of me says to hold off on the reveal 3 months before production begins to keep ford guessing on the performance envelope of the next gen Camaro but the other side of me wants to know everything possible yesterday.

GM please just show me what you got and I promise to keep it secret. I promise.

LesserO2Evils 12-23-2014 10:34 AM

Thanks, Millertime555! Im not forum savvy enough to post a poll. I stand by my Detroit speculation.

AirManFL 12-23-2014 12:01 PM

I'm guessing it will be the largest auto show - Chicago.

MikeT 12-23-2014 12:16 PM

Chicago is beneath the dignity of the Camaro. Chicago is the sort of place Chevy debuts a CNG-powered variant of the Silverado... not a brand new Camaro.

DemonZL1 12-23-2014 02:46 PM

originally thought january but with the lack of spyshots ... leaning towards february now.

hoping for january though.

MBS 12-23-2014 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeT (Post 8129114)
Chicago is beneath the dignity of the Camaro. Chicago is the sort of place Chevy debuts a CNG-powered variant of the Silverado... not a brand new Camaro.

:laughabove: Hey , Before you start shouting your nonsense , Let me inform you that the ZL1 was unveiled in Chicago. :bonk:,. Lived in Caly , Been to Chicago many times , both great places to visit , But glad i live where people are not animals .:thumbsup:

MikeT 12-23-2014 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MBS (Post 8129614)
:laughabove: Hey , Before you start shouting your nonsense , Let me inform you that the ZL1 was unveiled in Chicago. :bonk:,.

The ZL1 is a variant. That's my point. Chicago is a 2nd tier auto show where you show variants... the CNG version, the high-output version, the wagon version, the Mary Kay version, etc. etc. :thumbsup:

MBS 12-23-2014 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeT (Post 8129666)
The ZL1 is a variant. That's my point. Chicago is a 2nd tier auto show where you show variants... the CNG version, the high-output version, the wagon version, the Mary Kay version, etc. etc. :thumbsup:

HaHa Ok , So I guess the Z-28 unveil in New York was a "variant" also , So If not Detroit , and Chicago nor New York and since the Los Angeles auto show is over than where ?

Bhobbs 12-23-2014 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MBS (Post 8129998)
HaHa Ok , So I guess the Z-28 unveil in New York was a "variant" also , So If not Detroit , and Chicago nor New York and since the Los Angeles auto show is over than where ?

The C7 was revealed in Detroit the year the Z/28 was revealed.

To answer your question, yes, even the awesome Z/28 is "just" a variant.

MR.Sarge 01-10-2015 02:27 PM

More than likely will be Chicago IMO. NY is too late, and Detroit is plausible but unlikely. Chicago sounds more of a reliable time. I believe it can safely be assumed that GM will release 'teasers' of the 6th Gen Camaro prior to its release (again likely Chicago) like they did so with the CTS-V that is being shown for Detroit. So with that Detroit and NY look unlikely and Chicago is the most likely candidate for reveal.

Z/284ever 01-10-2015 04:05 PM

Even though we haven't heard a peep, I still think Detroit is the front runner.

SEVEN-OH JOE 01-10-2015 08:27 PM

When the Mustang was unveiled on TV in as many markets and on as many programs as they could get/buy exposure on, last December, how much total North American audience did Ford capture?

Imagine the number of fans tuned into the Super Bowl.

Imagine TWO Camaros, hidden and under covers, wrapped in EACH team's colors, with enough strategic team logos to make a clear view impossible...

The winning MVP player's team version is rolled out, and the cover is pulled off.

"Hey Mr. MVP, where are you going?!"

"I'm going to the Chicago Auto Show for Valentine's Day to reveal my all-NEW 2016 CAMARO!!"

Imagine the hype that would follow, leading up to it's actual unwrapping @ Chicago: a different "revealed" snippit of a picture released every day...

HYSTERIA, I tell you...

9020B 01-10-2015 09:21 PM

I thought that unveiling the car during the Super Bowl was a great idea as well. It was brought up on a similar thread. I think it would create a level of interest and excitement that you cant match by unveiling the Camaro at an auto show. The only people that are interested in vehicle unveilings at auto shows are car people. The Super Bowl exposes the new Camaro to 10s of millions of people that don't even know that they want a new Camaro yet. Put a kickass commercial together, it will be the best money ever spent on an unveiling. The fact that no one else has ever unveiled a car during the Super Bowl (that I can remember)is the exact reason to do it.

Overflow 01-10-2015 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 9020B (Post 8162087)
I thought that unveiling the car during the Super Bowl was a great idea as well. It was brought up on a similar thread. I think it would create a level of interest and excitement that you cant match by unveiling the Camaro at an auto show. The only people that are interested in vehicle unveilings at auto shows are car people. The Super Bowl exposes the new Camaro to 10s of millions of people that don't even know that they want a new Camaro yet. Put a kickass commercial together, it will be the best money ever spent on an unveiling. The fact that no one else has ever unveiled a car during the Super Bowl (that I can remember)is the exact reason to do it.

This is a good point..

Sleeper 01-11-2015 12:45 PM

A Super Bowl Commercial would be spectacular and reach a gigantic audience.

SEVEN-OH JOE 01-11-2015 06:30 PM

There was a time, 50 years ago or so, when Chevrolet used their sponsorship of Bonanza to GREAT effect. At new car announcement time, the Sunday night episode would run uninterrupted, and the final 10-15 minutes was used to reveal ALL the Chevy products soon to hit dealers' showrooms. BIG promo!

At that time, there were only 3 major networks, and Bonanza ruled its Sunday night time slot following The Ed Sullivan Show, which also ruled its time slot.

At that time, Bonanza's audience would pale to the % of homes watching the Super Bowl, THE penultimate TV extravaganza.

At that time, GM commanded about 50% of the market.

Guts. Glory. Ram the Gen-6 Camaro into homes all over North America...

GroundhogSS 01-11-2015 06:32 PM

Well, guess we'll know for sure if it's Detroit in a little over 12 hours. Super Bowl is a good idea with the huge exposure.

grkjet 01-12-2015 07:28 AM

With the production of the camaro moving back to Michigan I would assume Chevy would unveil the 6th gen in Detroit but who knows at this point.

MBS 01-12-2015 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grkjet (Post 8164314)
With the production of the camaro moving back to Michigan I would assume Chevy would unveil the 6th gen in Detroit but who knows at this point.

:emoticon1::facepalm:

grkjet 01-13-2015 07:35 AM

lmao missed on that guess but it did seem like a reasonable location given that the camaro has been assembled in Canada and is now being brought back to be produced here in the states.

Z/284ever 01-13-2015 04:05 PM

I guess we can scratch off Detroit.