CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=155)
-   -   6th Gen Reveal Location POLL (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=388935)

SEVEN-OH JOE 01-10-2015 08:27 PM

When the Mustang was unveiled on TV in as many markets and on as many programs as they could get/buy exposure on, last December, how much total North American audience did Ford capture?

Imagine the number of fans tuned into the Super Bowl.

Imagine TWO Camaros, hidden and under covers, wrapped in EACH team's colors, with enough strategic team logos to make a clear view impossible...

The winning MVP player's team version is rolled out, and the cover is pulled off.

"Hey Mr. MVP, where are you going?!"

"I'm going to the Chicago Auto Show for Valentine's Day to reveal my all-NEW 2016 CAMARO!!"

Imagine the hype that would follow, leading up to it's actual unwrapping @ Chicago: a different "revealed" snippit of a picture released every day...

HYSTERIA, I tell you...

9020B 01-10-2015 09:21 PM

I thought that unveiling the car during the Super Bowl was a great idea as well. It was brought up on a similar thread. I think it would create a level of interest and excitement that you cant match by unveiling the Camaro at an auto show. The only people that are interested in vehicle unveilings at auto shows are car people. The Super Bowl exposes the new Camaro to 10s of millions of people that don't even know that they want a new Camaro yet. Put a kickass commercial together, it will be the best money ever spent on an unveiling. The fact that no one else has ever unveiled a car during the Super Bowl (that I can remember)is the exact reason to do it.

Overflow 01-10-2015 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 9020B (Post 8162087)
I thought that unveiling the car during the Super Bowl was a great idea as well. It was brought up on a similar thread. I think it would create a level of interest and excitement that you cant match by unveiling the Camaro at an auto show. The only people that are interested in vehicle unveilings at auto shows are car people. The Super Bowl exposes the new Camaro to 10s of millions of people that don't even know that they want a new Camaro yet. Put a kickass commercial together, it will be the best money ever spent on an unveiling. The fact that no one else has ever unveiled a car during the Super Bowl (that I can remember)is the exact reason to do it.

This is a good point..

Sleeper 01-11-2015 12:45 PM

A Super Bowl Commercial would be spectacular and reach a gigantic audience.

SEVEN-OH JOE 01-11-2015 06:30 PM

There was a time, 50 years ago or so, when Chevrolet used their sponsorship of Bonanza to GREAT effect. At new car announcement time, the Sunday night episode would run uninterrupted, and the final 10-15 minutes was used to reveal ALL the Chevy products soon to hit dealers' showrooms. BIG promo!

At that time, there were only 3 major networks, and Bonanza ruled its Sunday night time slot following The Ed Sullivan Show, which also ruled its time slot.

At that time, Bonanza's audience would pale to the % of homes watching the Super Bowl, THE penultimate TV extravaganza.

At that time, GM commanded about 50% of the market.

Guts. Glory. Ram the Gen-6 Camaro into homes all over North America...

GroundhogSS 01-11-2015 06:32 PM

Well, guess we'll know for sure if it's Detroit in a little over 12 hours. Super Bowl is a good idea with the huge exposure.

grkjet 01-12-2015 07:28 AM

With the production of the camaro moving back to Michigan I would assume Chevy would unveil the 6th gen in Detroit but who knows at this point.

MBS 01-12-2015 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grkjet (Post 8164314)
With the production of the camaro moving back to Michigan I would assume Chevy would unveil the 6th gen in Detroit but who knows at this point.

:emoticon1::facepalm:

grkjet 01-13-2015 07:35 AM

lmao missed on that guess but it did seem like a reasonable location given that the camaro has been assembled in Canada and is now being brought back to be produced here in the states.

Z/284ever 01-13-2015 04:05 PM

I guess we can scratch off Detroit.