CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Nav, Radar, Electronics (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=228)
-   -   PDR icon not coming up... (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=605681)

DARKANGELCAMARO 05-20-2022 07:59 AM

PDR icon not coming up...

Bought the car recently... PDR has the correct sd card, but the app icon for PDR is not there. This is 100%, per RPO code, a PDR car but cannot get PDR to come up. Replaced chip card reader as it was suspected faulty based on MDI2 info. What is the solution? I am thinking to reflash the module, but that's all I got left. Zero DTCs in PDR and checked fuses, but will not turn on. Thanks in advance.

DARKANGELCAMARO 05-25-2022 12:07 AM

Nothing?

Wontspeak 05-25-2022 12:39 AM

To reset your Chevy MyLink system entirely, hold down the Home and Fast Forward buttons simultaneously for 10 seconds. This should reboot the system and resolve any problems that you're having. Maybee *laughs* or hold down the power button for 5 seconds, or go into settings and choose return to factory settings.

DARKANGELCAMARO 05-29-2022 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wontspeak (Post 11178424)
To reset your Chevy MyLink system entirely, hold down the Home and Fast Forward buttons simultaneously for 10 seconds. This should reboot the system and resolve any problems that you're having. Maybee *laughs* or hold down the power button for 5 seconds, or go into settings and choose return to factory settings.

Tried both. Nothing.

DarkKnyte 06-02-2022 11:57 AM

Are you using the correct SD card reader? There are two, one under the dash, one in the console. Is the SD card formatted correctly?

DARKANGELCAMARO 06-18-2022 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkKnyte (Post 11182090)
Are you using the correct SD card reader? There are two, one under the dash, one in the console. Is the SD card formatted correctly?

100% on card specs and format. And the reader. The icon does not and has not ever shown on the infotainment since I purchased the car.

DARKANGELCAMARO 06-27-2022 01:23 PM

Went into the system with GM MDI2 and got trouble code U150F. "Radio Controls Info Display Module Lost Communication With Human Machine Interface Control Module On LIN Bus". Maybe that or PDR module is bad...

willzilla 08-31-2022 11:54 AM

Did previous owner swap the head unit at some point and perhaps install a non PDR head unit? If so, probably need dealer to re-program the head unit.

DARKANGELCAMARO 09-11-2022 03:01 PM

Car went to dealership and they troubleshot for 3 hours. Everything is as it was supposed to be from factory. They and the engineer they had on the phone have no idea why the PDR won't come up. There is an open trouble ticket and I am waiting on the response for next steps.

DARKANGELCAMARO 09-19-2022 02:03 PM

Just got word back. GM says replace the radio. For a cost of $647 before tax.

arpad_m 09-19-2022 03:49 PM

Kinda expensive for a parts cannon attempt, if that's what they're trying to do... Will they warrant the fix somehow, as in, did they make sure this was the actual issue instead of exposing you to the cost of unlimited semi-random part replacements?

DARKANGELCAMARO 09-20-2022 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arpad_m (Post 11231492)
Kinda expensive for a parts cannon attempt, if that's what they're trying to do... Will they warrant the fix somehow, as in, did they make sure this was the actual issue instead of exposing you to the cost of unlimited semi-random part replacements?

Even my GM Service rep agreed with me that it is kind of silly, but that is what big brother said to do to fix it, as it is suspected that the head unit is somehow factory defective. I am out of warranty so this would be out of pocket.

arpad_m 09-20-2022 03:13 PM

I genuinely hope this fixes it for you, brother. Keep us posted.

DARKANGELCAMARO 09-21-2022 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arpad_m (Post 11231894)
I genuinely hope this fixes it for you, brother. Keep us posted.

I will if something changes, because as of now I am not going to have the stereo replacement done anytime soon.